!!insidediv!!

Being the Official Discussion Forum for HYPERBOREA®, a role-playing game of swords, sorcery, and weird science-fantasy

Visit us at the HYPERBOREA web site!

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

8/01/2022 6:15 pm  #181

Re: pc or pregen generator

Thanks Gizmo: just ran another test, looks like the Empty Hand attack rate is still 2e, not 3e (1/1 vs. 2/1). But if you haven't done a 2e->3e check that would make sense. I'll try and generate one of each class over the next few days.
Is there a tip jar I can toss some sequins in for your work? 

"It is all very well to point out that the man lacks facility; as he asserts, sheer force can overpower sophistication."
Jack Vance, Rhialto the Marvellous

8/05/2022 7:50 am  #182

I think the monk is working properly now, at least Rhialto says so :-)

I am still working through the changes in class abilities.

What? Me worry?

8/05/2022 5:22 pm  #183

gizmomathboy wrote:

I think the monk is working properly now, at least Rhialto says so :-)

Indeed! 

"It is all very well to point out that the man lacks facility; as he asserts, sheer force can overpower sophistication."

8/07/2022 2:33 pm  #184

During some local testing noticed that for Oon's the "random name" stuff not working.

It should be working now.

Still gonna be very rare for an Oon to retain their 'number name' with my system. Basically if no name is given for an Oon then a random race is chosen and a name based on that. If the race is Oon for the random selection then a 9 digit number is created and used for the name.

What? Me worry?

8/07/2022 7:41 pm  #185

Made a decent number of changes in the backend and and such.

Let me know if you notice anything wrong.

I think I've caught most problems but I know I've had to missed stuff.

What? Me worry?

8/07/2022 7:50 pm  #186

gizmomathboy wrote:

During some local testing noticed that for Oon's the "random name" stuff not working.

It should be working now.

Still gonna be very rare for an Oon to retain their 'number name' with my system. Basically if no name is given for an Oon then a random race is chosen and a name based on that. If the race is Oon for the random selection then a 9 digit number is created and used for the name.

I did get a numbered Oon name recently, but likely before your changes: I'll try again in the next few days.

8/08/2022 7:15 am  #187

Cool.

The logic for numbered names was there, it just kinda barfed when making any other kinda name for an Oon.

I think the odds are something like 3 in 1000 ( 4/100 * 1/12) based on tables 66 and 67 for Races.

What? Me worry?

9/20/2022 7:44 am  #188

I've made some progress towards having multiple output formats and getting the 3e character sheet shorted out.

Here's an example of what I have so far:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/bez86doijdkbn3n/bard-12.pdf

https://www.dropbox.com/s/cxb2spu7fnd8au1/fighter-level-12.pdf

The pdf will accommodate more text in some fields but it is nigh unreadable. Something I need to sort out.

I am only having it only use the 4 page version if the character has spells and such.

I'm about 80-90% there with stuff. Soonish I hope to update the web app, too.

What? Me worry?

9/21/2022 4:03 am  #189

Looks good Gizmo: sadly I haven't had time to test the existing web app due to work. Seems like I could wait for the updates?

9/21/2022 6:59 am  #190

rhialto wrote:

Looks good Gizmo: sadly I haven't had time to test the existing web app due to work. Seems like I could wait for the updates?

Yeah, I would wait a bit.

I'm pretty close to having my local program where I want in terms of filling out the 3e character sheet.

I'm going through abilities to shorten their descriptions to better fit.

I'm pondering where to note weapon mastery for fighter types. Probably in the melee/missile tables in the notes section. Which I also need to clean up some descriptions

What? Me worry?

9/21/2022 6:33 pm  #191

Sounds good: on standby for IV&V. 

3/08/2024 9:06 am  #192

After a party member got very dead they went with a cleric that just happened to start at 5th level.

Funny thing, the pc generator was doing really weird stuff.

As it turns it there was a glitch, error, bug in the code.

The glitch has been fixed.

What? Me worry?

3/08/2024 7:38 pm  #193

No wonder I was winning everything! 

3/09/2024 10:57 am  #194

Iron Ranger wrote:

No wonder I was winning everything! 

I'm sorry then that I fixed the glitch! ;-)

What? Me worry?

3/10/2024 6:46 am  #195

gizmomathboy wrote:

After a party member got very dead they went with a cleric that just happened to start at 5th level.

Funny thing, the pc generator was doing really weird stuff.

As it turns it there was a glitch, error, bug in the code.

The glitch has been fixed.

Hmm, I generated quite a few NPCs (or quick-fill-in backup PCs): should they be discarded, or was the glitch minor?

3/10/2024 10:51 am  #196

Minor glitch.

Basically treated a 5th level cleric as if they were 4th. Which might only affect CA, TA, and spell slots.

Looking back at the email exchange with the player about the new character it looks like the things might have been "ok". The pdf's look correct for a 5th level cleric. I think I noticed when some items weren't getting set correcting in the markdown files I have my local version output (in the list of things to migrate to the web app)

What? Me worry?

3/10/2024 6:55 pm  #197

Okay, thank you: was mostly curious if the glitch was across classes, or just clerics.

Board footera

© 2009-2024 North Wind Adventures, LLC. “HYPERBOREA” is a registered trademark of North Wind Adventures, LLC. “Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea,” “AS&SH,” and all other North Wind Adventures product names and their respective logos are trademarks of North Wind Adventures, LLC in the USA and other countries. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.