!!insidediv!!

Being the Official Discussion Forum for HYPERBOREA®, a role-playing game of swords, sorcery, and weird science-fantasy

Visit us at the HYPERBOREA web site!

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

8/01/2022 7:46 pm  #1

Pulpy TSR Modules

I was trying to find a list of some of the pulpiest modules that TSR produced that might fit, with modification, into Hyperborea Campaign. Here is a small list. Have I missed any?

B2 Keep on the Borderlands
B4 The Lost City
C1 The Hidden Shrine of Tamoachan
I1 Dwellers of the Forbidden City
I2 Tomb of the Lizard King 
I3-5 Desert of Desolation
 I7 Baltron's Beacon
N1 Against the Cult of the Reptile God
S1 Tomb of Horrors
S3 Expedition to the Barrier Peaks
S4 The Lost Caverns of Tsojcanth
U1 The Sinister Secret of Saltmarsh
U2 Danger at Dunwater
UK6 All That Glitters...
WG4 The Forgotten Temple of Tharizdun
WG6 Isle of the Ape
X1 The Isle of Dread
X2 Castle Amber
X4 Master of the Desert Nomads
X5 Temple of Death
X8 Drums on Fire Mountain

Last edited by Matteus (8/01/2022 7:48 pm)

8/03/2022 8:15 am  #2

Re: Pulpy TSR Modules

Not sure you missed any, All could be a good fit...

I especially believe the Barrier Peaks would be a great fit because of Wierd Science...

-- 
BlackKnight, AKA Sausage
Older than Dirt, Crusty, and set in my ways. Been playing TTRPGs for over 45 years...

8/03/2022 11:34 am  #3

Good list. I think you could take basically any old school adventure, maybe trade out some of the monsters, and make it work.

Another suggestion I've made in the past is to take Call of Cthulhu adventures and reskin for Hyperborea. Your players will never expect it.

Michael Sipe 1979-2018
Rest in peace, brother.

8/03/2022 12:08 pm  #4

Some of the Judges Guild stuff, too. Caverns of Thracia is a great fit.

HYPERBOREA- A Role-Playing Game of Swords, Sorcery, and Weird Science-Fantasy

8/03/2022 10:48 pm  #5

CB1 - Conan Unchained!; CB2 - Conan Against Darkness; and RS1 - Red Sonja Unconquered. I think you've about covered the rest, plus some that aren't normally considered astonishingly pulpy. Maybe some of the 2e adventures, though those tended to be very story-based and would probably need some work to make them fit, even beyond just Hyperborea-izing them. Some of the sample Jakandor adventures might work (although Jakandor would probably work pretty good with Hyperborea in general).

8/04/2022 4:16 am  #6

Well, some S&S adventures if one want to convert to Hyperborean from a few sources...

(1) Scenarios of Thuria: - The Thurian Continent: Conan D20 RPG Site. (tapatalk.com)

Board footera

© 2009-2024 North Wind Adventures, LLC. “HYPERBOREA” is a registered trademark of North Wind Adventures, LLC. “Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea,” “AS&SH,” and all other North Wind Adventures product names and their respective logos are trademarks of North Wind Adventures, LLC in the USA and other countries. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.