LOGOmasthead2021

Being the Official Discussion Forum for HYPERBOREA®, a role-playing game of swords, sorcery, and weird science-fantasy


Visit us at the HYPERBOREA web site!


You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

5/01/2022 2:05 pm  #5041


Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

SullyB74 wrote:

Tillak continues following the Wildman, keeping an eye out for an ambush.

The wild man continues down the game trail, then suddenly stops dead in his tracks, and looks around frantically.

[Tillak roll d12.]


 
 

5/01/2022 9:11 pm  #5042


Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

1d12: 4!



  • “Moonglum licked his long lips. 'So it’s sorcery again. In truth, Elric, this whole country is beginning to stink of wizardry and the minions of hell.' Elric murmured for his friend’s ears: 'No hell-beings these—but honest elementals, equally powerful in many ways.'"
 

5/01/2022 9:16 pm  #5043


Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

SullyB74 wrote:

1d12: 4!

Does Tillak do anything?


 
     Thread Starter
 

5/02/2022 4:58 pm  #5044


Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

My spell is still readied, and I crouch down and raise my shield and brandish my war pick.

"What is it?" Tillak hisses. 



  • “Moonglum licked his long lips. 'So it’s sorcery again. In truth, Elric, this whole country is beginning to stink of wizardry and the minions of hell.' Elric murmured for his friend’s ears: 'No hell-beings these—but honest elementals, equally powerful in many ways.'"
 

5/02/2022 5:30 pm  #5045


Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

bald_headed_yeti wrote:

Votin follows the boot prints to the east.

The two figures suddenly stop ahead. Votin can't quite make out the details from this safe distance.


 
     Thread Starter
 

5/02/2022 5:34 pm  #5046


Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

SullyB74 wrote:

My spell is still readied, and I crouch down and raise my shield and brandish my war pick.

"What is it?" Tillak hisses. 

The wild man looks back at the warlock, then quickly steps off the trail into the trees to the south.


 
     Thread Starter
 

5/03/2022 6:47 pm  #5047


Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

Tillak digs his heel into the dirt of the trail, making sure to give a clear indication of where he is going so that Votin and Sigurn, and, perhaps, Gundrabu and Kondor can follow him. Then, he follows the wild man into the brush. 



  • “Moonglum licked his long lips. 'So it’s sorcery again. In truth, Elric, this whole country is beginning to stink of wizardry and the minions of hell.' Elric murmured for his friend’s ears: 'No hell-beings these—but honest elementals, equally powerful in many ways.'"
 

5/03/2022 8:08 pm  #5048


Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

Iron Ranger wrote:

bald_headed_yeti wrote:

Votin follows the boot prints to the east.

The two figures suddenly stop ahead. Votin can't quite make out the details from this safe distance.

Votin cautiously advances...
 

 

5/04/2022 10:36 am  #5049


Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

bald_headed_yeti wrote:

Iron Ranger wrote:

bald_headed_yeti wrote:

Votin follows the boot prints to the east.

The two figures suddenly stop ahead. Votin can't quite make out the details from this safe distance.

Votin cautiously advances...
 

As Votin creeps forward the figures disappear into the trees to the south.


 
     Thread Starter
 

5/04/2022 10:41 am  #5050


Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

SullyB74 wrote:

Tillak digs his heel into the dirt of the trail, making sure to give a clear indication of where he is going so that Votin and Sigurn, and, perhaps, Gundrabu and Kondor can follow him. Then, he follows the wild man into the brush. 

Tillak follows the wild man through the thick treeline as he again approaches the edge of the drop off. He stops at the edge and points again down. Tillak looks out across the expanse below.

A wide grass marsh stretching as far as he can see. A slight salty sea breeze fills his nostrils. "Bad men," whispers the pointing wild man. "All night."

In the middle of a shallow stream winding through the grasses rest 2 canoes with Kondor and Gundrabu sitting in them!


 
     Thread Starter
 

5/04/2022 6:26 pm  #5051


Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

Iron Ranger wrote:

As Votin creeps forward the figures disappear into the trees to the south.

Votin heads towards the southern tree line.
 

 

5/04/2022 6:55 pm  #5052


Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

bald_headed_yeti wrote:

Iron Ranger wrote:

As Votin creeps forward the figures disappear into the trees to the south.

Votin heads towards the southern tree line.
 

Votin makes his way to where there is a hard heel drag in the shape of an arrow pointing into the trees on the ground.

[Votin roll d12.]


 
     Thread Starter
 

5/09/2022 7:22 pm  #5053


Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

Iron Ranger wrote:

bald_headed_yeti wrote:

Iron Ranger wrote:

As Votin creeps forward the figures disappear into the trees to the south.

Votin heads towards the southern tree line.
 

Votin makes his way to where there is a hard heel drag in the shape of an arrow pointing into the trees on the ground.

[Votin roll d12.]

[1d12]=5
 

 

5/12/2022 2:19 pm  #5054


Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

bald_headed_yeti wrote:

Iron Ranger wrote:

bald_headed_yeti wrote:


Votin heads towards the southern tree line.
 

Votin makes his way to where there is a hard heel drag in the shape of an arrow pointing into the trees on the ground.

[Votin roll d12.]

[1d12]=5
 

The hairs on the back of Votin's neck stand on end as he hears a rustle in the foliage behind him. Suddenly a powerful force knocks him off his feet in a blur of dark and light shaggy fur!

[Votin roll death(poison) save!]
[Votin roll d6 int. state actions, rolls, etc.!]
 


 
     Thread Starter
 

5/13/2022 2:24 pm  #5055


Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

Does Tillak hear this commotion?



  • “Moonglum licked his long lips. 'So it’s sorcery again. In truth, Elric, this whole country is beginning to stink of wizardry and the minions of hell.' Elric murmured for his friend’s ears: 'No hell-beings these—but honest elementals, equally powerful in many ways.'"
 

5/13/2022 2:37 pm  #5056


Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

SullyB74 wrote:

Does Tillak hear this commotion?

[Not sure there is a commotion yet, awaiting a nail biting death(poison) save roll. Tillak has only yet heard the long off sea breeze rustling the tall grasses of the marsh below the cliff wall.]


 
     Thread Starter
 

5/14/2022 1:07 pm  #5057


Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

😬



  • “Moonglum licked his long lips. 'So it’s sorcery again. In truth, Elric, this whole country is beginning to stink of wizardry and the minions of hell.' Elric murmured for his friend’s ears: 'No hell-beings these—but honest elementals, equally powerful in many ways.'"
 

5/14/2022 1:12 pm  #5058


Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

SullyB74 wrote:

😬

The wild man spits over the side of the cliff at the canoes below, then tugs on Tillak's arm. "We kill them."


 
     Thread Starter
 

5/15/2022 7:44 am  #5059


Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

"The people in the canoe?" Tillak gasps, pointing to Gundrabu and Kondor. "They are my friends."



  • “Moonglum licked his long lips. 'So it’s sorcery again. In truth, Elric, this whole country is beginning to stink of wizardry and the minions of hell.' Elric murmured for his friend’s ears: 'No hell-beings these—but honest elementals, equally powerful in many ways.'"
 

5/15/2022 8:52 am  #5060


Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

SullyB74 wrote:

"The people in the canoe?" Tillak gasps, pointing to Gundrabu and Kondor. "They are my friends."

The wild man shakes his mangy  head. "Bad men use canoes. With Shaman now. We can kill."

Last edited by Iron Ranger (5/15/2022 8:53 am)


 
     Thread Starter
 

Board footera





“HYPERBOREA” is a registered trademark of North Wind Adventures, LLC. “Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea,” “AS&SH,” and all other North Wind Adventures product names and their respective logos are trademarks of North Wind Adventures, LLC in the USA and other countries. ©2022 North Wind Adventures, LLC.