!!insidediv!!

Being the Official Discussion Forum for HYPERBOREA®, a role-playing game of swords, sorcery, and weird science-fantasy

Visit us at the HYPERBOREA web site!

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

3/31/2022 7:16 pm  #5001

Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

“You look rested but not quite well, my friend. I must experiment. Tell me if you feel any better after this viscous touch of the Kraken.”

Gundrabu will attempt to cast Cure Light Wounds on Kondor.

“Our own age is not one which can afford to call its ancestors savage.” 
― Poul AndersonThe Broken Sword

3/31/2022 7:31 pm  #5002

Eirvit wrote:

“You look rested but not quite well, my friend. I must experiment. Tell me if you feel any better after this viscous touch of the Kraken.”

Gundrabu will attempt to cast Cure Light Wounds on Kondor.

The cleric reaches into the barbarian's canoe and lays his palm across Kondor's forehead. The barbarian quakes as the enveloping tentacles of the Kraken strip away a layer of his discomforts.
[Gundrabu speak for Khalk-Xu with 1d8]

3/31/2022 10:01 pm  #5003

1d8 - 8!

4/01/2022 5:27 pm  #5004

Eirvit wrote:

1d8 - 8!

The barbarian has felt the power.

4/02/2022 8:24 am  #5005

Tillak slides closer to the wild man and peers down at the bespoke beastmen below. How many are there?

• “Moonglum licked his long lips. 'So it’s sorcery again. In truth, Elric, this whole country is beginning to stink of wizardry and the minions of hell.' Elric murmured for his friend’s ears: 'No hell-beings these—but honest elementals, equally powerful in many ways.'"

4/02/2022 9:24 am  #5006

SullyB74 wrote:

Tillak slides closer to the wild man and peers down at the bespoke beastmen below. How many are there?

More than fifty.

4/02/2022 9:11 pm  #5007

Tillak looks back at the camp, hoping that his companions, Sigurn and Votin, are awake and will come and join him.

• “Moonglum licked his long lips. 'So it’s sorcery again. In truth, Elric, this whole country is beginning to stink of wizardry and the minions of hell.' Elric murmured for his friend’s ears: 'No hell-beings these—but honest elementals, equally powerful in many ways.'"

4/04/2022 2:44 pm  #5008

"Kondor, do you desire again to feel the touch of the Kraken?"

4/04/2022 2:59 pm  #5009

This is the perfect time to point out, if you look at pg 102 in 1E players handbook, that spell stacking is generally not allowed. In this case think of it like Kondor has a variety of wounds: superficial, light, serious, and critical ones.
Cure light wounds cures the light wounds. A cleric of higher power might be able to cure the serious ones, etc. 
This makes more sense to me than thinking that putting the whole box of little band-aids on, is going to fix it.

4/05/2022 12:32 pm  #5010

Iron Ranger wrote:

This is the perfect time to point out, if you look at pg 102 in 1E players handbook, that spell stacking is generally not allowed. In this case think of it like Kondor has a variety of wounds: superficial, light, serious, and critical ones.
Cure light wounds cures the light wounds. A cleric of higher power might be able to cure the serious ones, etc. 
This makes more sense to me than thinking that putting the whole box of little band-aids on, is going to fix it.

I dig it! Gritty and elegant.

4/05/2022 4:36 pm  #5011

4/05/2022 4:38 pm  #5012

After what seems like an eternity, Votin stirs in his sleep.
[ooc: sorry, horrible last couple of weeks]

4/05/2022 6:29 pm  #5013

bald_headed_yeti wrote:

After what seems like an eternity, Votin stirs in his sleep.
[ooc: sorry, horrible last couple of weeks]

Votin wakes, his injuries greatly healed by the viking's tinctures through the night. She remains asleep next to him, but the warlock who carried him to safety is nowhere to be seen.

4/05/2022 8:17 pm  #5014

Votin stands albeit unsteady and surveys his surroundings.
He looks for his belongings, mostly his weapons, and scans the area for the warlock.

4/05/2022 8:58 pm  #5015

bald_headed_yeti wrote:

Votin stands albeit unsteady and surveys his surroundings.
He looks for his belongings, mostly his weapons, and scans the area for the warlock.

Votin stands much stronger than he expects(7/10). His dagger, pack and battle axe are heaped just outside the fire ring. His poncho near-shredded round his neck. His barbarian alertness sets him at ease. 
[Votin roll d6.]

4/06/2022 10:33 am  #5016

4/06/2022 3:02 pm  #5017

bald_headed_yeti wrote:

[1d6]=3

Votin notices a slight indent in a piece moss on the carpet of leaves underfoot!

4/06/2022 7:01 pm  #5018

Votin gathers his belongings and tries to rouse Sigurn,
"The warlock is gone but might have left that way", pointing to the depression in the moss.

4/09/2022 2:18 pm  #5019

bald_headed_yeti wrote:

Votin gathers his belongings and tries to rouse Sigurn,
"The warlock is gone but might have left that way", pointing to the depression in the moss.

Sigrun seems to be unrousable. 

4/10/2022 6:57 pm  #5020

After several attempts to waken Sigrun, Votin dons his armor and follows the trail of Tillak making obvious signs of passage should Sigrun awaken.

Last edited by bald_headed_yeti (4/11/2022 8:53 am)

Board footera

© 2009-2024 North Wind Adventures, LLC. “HYPERBOREA” is a registered trademark of North Wind Adventures, LLC. “Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea,” “AS&SH,” and all other North Wind Adventures product names and their respective logos are trademarks of North Wind Adventures, LLC in the USA and other countries. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.