!!insidediv!!

Being the Official Discussion Forum for HYPERBOREA®, a role-playing game of swords, sorcery, and weird science-fantasy

Visit us at the HYPERBOREA web site!

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

1/24/2022 12:56 pm  #21

Re: New Character Sheet

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1JHP1kfboDhPDowVXRnbbO-pgSHFdcXb3?usp=sharing

Update to HYPERBOREA 3E character sheet, now including form fillable version.

HYPERBOREA- A Role-Playing Game of Swords, Sorcery, and Weird Science-Fantasy

1/24/2022 7:40 pm  #22

Very nice! 

I like the clean look and how things are co-located. 

1/26/2022 6:51 am  #23

Looking good: I do prefer it to the 2E one, though I'm still in favor of an 11 x 17 bifold sheet. 

"It is all very well to point out that the man lacks facility; as he asserts, sheer force can overpower sophistication."
Jack Vance, Rhialto the Marvellous

1/27/2022 12:10 pm  #24

Any chance to get an alternate version of the sheet that has the awesome comic-booky HYPERBOREA logo we have all come to love and was on the 2E sheet?

1/27/2022 12:46 pm  #25

Shinrin wrote:

Any chance to get an alternate version of the sheet that has the awesome comic-booky HYPERBOREA logo we have all come to love and was on the 2E sheet?

I'm afraid not. Not only are proportions completely different, but I also don't have the bandwidth to honor all the requests that I've been receiving of late, particularly the ones that are cosmetic in nature. Cheers!

2/11/2022 6:18 pm  #26

Here is another version. I have been tentative about pulling the trigger on a "final" version, because I've been so picky about it. Basically, the only adjustments here are to the attributes, saving throws, and I freed up some space, so I added a little section for miscellaneous notes. Here it is:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1xehodksZplqlSphH594IOiXZ26NBjlFs/view?usp=sharing 

2/11/2022 9:53 pm  #27

If you're taking input, I prefer the previous version where the attributes and info flow on the same line. More intuitive and tidy. 

2/12/2022 7:52 am  #28

tomas wrote:

If you're taking input, I prefer the previous version where the attributes and info flow on the same line. More intuitive and tidy. 

Seconded, but if both versions are going to be available folks can choose.

"It is all very well to point out that the man lacks facility; as he asserts, sheer force can overpower sophistication."
Jack Vance, Rhialto the Marvellous

2/12/2022 11:36 am  #29

Yeah, I like the second version over the first.

What? Me worry?

2/12/2022 3:39 pm  #30

I'm assuming that you are waiting to decide on a "final" version before making it form fillable?

What? Me worry?

2/14/2022 11:37 am  #31

gizmomathboy wrote:

I'm assuming that you are waiting to decide on a "final" version before making it form fillable?

I was still making some adjustments, many of which are nearly imperceptible. I'll do form-fillable ASAP. I wear a lot of hats, so I can't spend too much time on one thing, or I'm terribly neglecting five other things. So it goes! Not complaining, mind you.

2/14/2022 6:28 pm  #32

Yep, I figured you were wanting to get the format settled on before doing form fillable.

I'm patiently waiting, mostly because it will just mean more work for me when it comes out ;-)

What? Me worry?

2/21/2022 2:33 pm  #33

3/12/2022 9:26 pm  #34

I finally got around to dumping the form data for the new character sheet.

The 2e sheet has 630 fields.

The 3e sheet has 743 fields.

Almost 20% more fields in the same space :-)

What? Me worry?

3/14/2022 11:27 am  #35

gizmomathboy wrote:

I finally got around to dumping the form data for the new character sheet.

The 2e sheet has 630 fields.

The 3e sheet has 743 fields.

Good to know! I do believe it economizes space more, but I hadn't realized it was to that degree. 

3/14/2022 2:56 pm  #36

There are a few more fields that didn't exist before. The S/M/L range is one that comes to mind.

Maybe some of the physical traits stuff, too.

Although there are some that are wholly new, maybe the scrolls/research notes?

But yeah, definitely making using of every bit of space there is :-)

What? Me worry?

3/29/2022 10:57 am  #37

gizmomathboy wrote:

MOAR WORK FOR THE HARRIED DM!!!!
<grumble grumble grumble>

Board footera

© 2009-2024 North Wind Adventures, LLC. “HYPERBOREA” is a registered trademark of North Wind Adventures, LLC. “Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea,” “AS&SH,” and all other North Wind Adventures product names and their respective logos are trademarks of North Wind Adventures, LLC in the USA and other countries. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.