!!insidediv!!

Being the Official Discussion Forum for HYPERBOREA®, a role-playing game of swords, sorcery, and weird science-fantasy

Visit us at the HYPERBOREA web site!

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

2/28/2022 12:52 am  #1

Magic item Clarification

The Axe, Great +3, Dæmon’s Thirst is described as "double-bitted on one side (single cheek with two perpendicular bits)".  Can anyone tell me in plain language what that would look like?  Google hasn't been helpful.

2/28/2022 1:29 am  #2

Re: Magic item Clarification

I believe Jeff means it has two separate blades on one side of the axe (as opposed to the usual double-headed axe where the blades are on opposite sides of the handle). I can't find any pictures of an actual axe of this configuration, but I guess that's what makes it fantasy.

Michael Sipe 1979-2018
Rest in peace, brother.

2/28/2022 1:37 am  #3

Maybe something like this (please forgive the crudity of the image):

Michael Sipe 1979-2018
Rest in peace, brother.

2/28/2022 10:51 am  #4

Yeah, I would abide this interpretation

What? Me worry?

2/28/2022 11:21 am  #5

Quite literally, this is the axe! ;)

HYPERBOREA- A Role-Playing Game of Swords, Sorcery, and Weird Science-Fantasy

2/28/2022 11:25 am  #6

bachman75 wrote:

The Axe, Great +3, Dæmon’s Thirst is described as "double-bitted on one side (single cheek with two perpendicular bits)".  Can anyone tell me in plain language what that would look like?  Google hasn't been helpful.

Oh, and welcome to the forum!

HYPERBOREA- A Role-Playing Game of Swords, Sorcery, and Weird Science-Fantasy

2/28/2022 4:44 pm  #7

I'm thinking that one, The One that Rexor wielded in Conan the Barbarian...

-- 
BlackKnight, AKA Sausage
Older than Dirt, Crusty, and set in my ways. Been playing TTRPGs for over 45 years...

Board footera

© 2009-2024 North Wind Adventures, LLC. “HYPERBOREA” is a registered trademark of North Wind Adventures, LLC. “Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea,” “AS&SH,” and all other North Wind Adventures product names and their respective logos are trademarks of North Wind Adventures, LLC in the USA and other countries. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.