!!insidediv!!

Being the Official Discussion Forum for HYPERBOREA®, a role-playing game of swords, sorcery, and weird science-fantasy

Visit us at the HYPERBOREA web site!

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

2/08/2022 6:08 pm  #4941

Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

“So it is the two of us together again, eh, friend Kondor?”

Gundrabu sighs and lounges in the bows of the boat while he curiously inspects this new (?) crystal weapon. [I fear I’ve “lost the plot.” 😂 I’ll have to go back and do some digging.]

“I am exhausted, Kondor. I say we let the stream carry us where it will, give our bark to the Kraken’s tendrils. It may be that the indifferent cosmos shoals us upon some shelter, where I may sleep and drink deep again from Khalk-xu’s brackish shore. When I rise out of that foetor again into the illusion of consciousness, I may refill our salts with vigor.”

“Our own age is not one which can afford to call its ancestors savage.” 
― Poul AndersonThe Broken Sword

2/09/2022 8:21 am  #4942

[These are one man canoes so Im afraid the cleric will need to float his own.]

The 2 lizards atop the crest bark wildly as the two old friends push off the shore but do not give chase.
Gundrabu floats lazily down the stream, the soft glow of Selene illuminating the two crystal weapons in his hands, each with glowing filaments within the housings. Both glows are of equal intensity. The stream slowly winds through the forest trees and the lapping of the water against the boat becomes rhythmic...like the sound of his old mother shaving the fish scales. .... She turns to him at his place near the hearth. "What is that silver band on your finger my boy?"

2/10/2022 9:25 pm  #4943

Tillak looks back at his friends floating away down the river. " Y'thaq'a's bloody bones! This is bear dung!"

• “Moonglum licked his long lips. 'So it’s sorcery again. In truth, Elric, this whole country is beginning to stink of wizardry and the minions of hell.' Elric murmured for his friend’s ears: 'No hell-beings these—but honest elementals, equally powerful in many ways.'"

2/11/2022 12:12 am  #4944

SullyB74 wrote:

Tillak looks back at his friends floating away down the river. " Y'thaq'a's bloody bones! This is bear dung!"

Tillak pauses with the barbarian leaning heavily on his shoulder.
He sees the lizards are turning back over the ridge.
He sees the single one-man canoe his "friends" have left behind.

2/11/2022 7:07 pm  #4945

[Sering as you said that it's a one-man canoe,, I assume that only I will fit, and I won't leave Votin. Beyond being a d*** move, it's also goes against my alignment.] "Maybe Y'thaq'a will bring us together again," Tillak murmurs to himself.

• “Moonglum licked his long lips. 'So it’s sorcery again. In truth, Elric, this whole country is beginning to stink of wizardry and the minions of hell.' Elric murmured for his friend’s ears: 'No hell-beings these—but honest elementals, equally powerful in many ways.'"

2/11/2022 7:12 pm  #4946

SullyB74 wrote:

[Sering as you said that it's a one-man canoe,, I assume that only I will fit, and I won't leave Votin. Beyond being a d*** move, it's also goes against my alignment.] "Maybe Y'thaq'a will bring us together again," Tillak murmurs to himself.

[Tillak +2000XP for aiding strangers instead of fleeing with friends.]

Last edited by Iron Ranger (2/11/2022 7:12 pm)

2/11/2022 7:37 pm  #4947

[I forgot my total.]😅

2/11/2022 7:42 pm  #4948

SullyB74 wrote:

[I forgot my total.]😅

oh boy, well at least I have a good memory ;)

you had 4560 before making the hardest decision of your life.

the 2000 plus the 10% warlock bonus brings you to 6760!

Roll those new hit points and all that other cool stuff for 3rd level!

2/12/2022 8:35 am  #4949

[Thanks! I'll keep track, now! 😅😁]

2/12/2022 9:28 pm  #4950

ooc:  I mean, Kondor and Gundrabu just started running, and no one else followed.  

Don't worry, when we get a chance, Kondor will track you guys down and help - or avenge!

2/12/2022 10:14 pm  #4951

fireinthedust wrote:

ooc:  I mean, Kondor and Gundrabu just started running, and no one else followed.  

Don't worry, when we get a chance, Kondor will track you guys down and help - or avenge!

Kondor watches as Gundrabu's head lolls back against the stern. He quickly looks behind as his canoe gets swallowed by the density of the the forest at the sight of Tillak limping across the stream with the fallen barbarian. He takes mark of the land so better to return - but now is not the time, he knows that viking b**** can protect them and his body aches, muscles tremble and his eyelids close!

2/13/2022 8:37 am  #4952

Tillak follows Sigurn, supporting Votin.

2/13/2022 4:13 pm  #4953

SullyB74 wrote:

Tillak follows Sigurn, supporting Votin.

Tillak  rounds the safety of the south ridge, following Sigrun back to her hidden camp. He's eager to put the brawny barbarian down and ink the final words which have suddenly popped into his mind of his new long elusive ______ spell into his spellbook before curling himself up near the fire for some much needed rest.

[Tillak roll new HP. and choose 2nd level warlock spell.]

2/20/2022 7:57 pm  #4954

Iron Ranger wrote:

"What is that silver band on your finger my boy?"

"I wear no band, mother."
Gundrabu looks down at his hand. Startled, he shakes it, but the flames he thought he saw enwreathing it are not there. Instead, he has thrown the blaze back into the fire beside which he kneels, where it belongs. But the warmth remains, most pronounced on his finger, flowing throughout his entire body, lulling him deeper into sleep and into another dream...

“Our own age is not one which can afford to call its ancestors savage.” 
― Poul AndersonThe Broken Sword

2/22/2022 7:51 am  #4955

[ooc: still here, I'm moving right now]

2/22/2022 9:38 am  #4956

Sigrun, Tillak, and Votin enter the camp. The embers of the fire spring to life with little stoking. Silence envelopes the night, broken only by the soft creaks from the settling trees and the gentle snap of burning twigs. The fallen needles are soft underfoot.

2/23/2022 5:17 pm  #4957

(I'm still here, but unsure if I'm supposed to have gotten a PM or checked somewhere?)

2/23/2022 5:22 pm  #4958

fireinthedust wrote:

(I'm still here, but unsure if I'm supposed to have gotten a PM or checked somewhere?)

The steady sway of the canoe on the gentle stream keeps Kondor in a long overdue and much needed sleep. 

3/06/2022 9:35 am  #4959

The cleric and Kondor jolt awake as their canoes scrape along a sandbar in the shallow stream. The deep red sun has risen. The stream is full of marsh grasses grown too tall to see above. The dawn is quiet. 

3/06/2022 9:38 am  #4960

Likewise, the dawn awakens Sigrun, Tillak, and Votin in the hidden viking camp. The fire has gone out. Sigrun's bandages have stopped the barbarian's wounds from bleeding. Birds sing high in the tall trees.

Board footera

© 2009-2024 North Wind Adventures, LLC. “HYPERBOREA” is a registered trademark of North Wind Adventures, LLC. “Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea,” “AS&SH,” and all other North Wind Adventures product names and their respective logos are trademarks of North Wind Adventures, LLC in the USA and other countries. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.