!!insidediv!!

Being the Official Discussion Forum for HYPERBOREA®, a role-playing game of swords, sorcery, and weird science-fantasy

Visit us at the HYPERBOREA web site!

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

2/06/2022 4:00 pm  #1

Stone throwing Gem Elementals

So we are working our way through the Sea Wolfs Daughter and I am adding a few more random sea encounters. One will have the party while on ship pass between two land banks while sailing a sea inlet. There the party and ships crew will be attacked by stone throwing elementals. 
These will be elementals whos physical bodies are made of precious gem stones,(Ruby,Emerald,Diamond and so on.)
The stones/boulders they hurl may even have gems on their surface or inside. They hurl these to try and sink the party to an icy watery death.
Has anyone ever used none traditional monster types before?

Last edited by Chartauk (2/06/2022 4:01 pm)

Na Chuba! Na Gita! Negatorie Na! Na! Natoota! 

2/07/2022 6:11 am  #2

Re: Stone throwing Gem Elementals

I have done a lot of changes to monsters, sometime making them in the moment to suit the environment. A lot was for my Conan D20 games though.

But for AS&SH, for example I recreated a fellow's scenario and created a couple of monsters to suit scenario.

https://hyperborea.boardhost.com/viewtopic.php?pid=22315#p22315

Last edited by Caveman (2/07/2022 6:14 am)

2/07/2022 8:33 am  #3

That is cool. I tend to change things too. Not too much but enough to suit the tables needs.

2/07/2022 1:37 pm  #4

Yes, in theory, I cut a chunk of Hyperborea to make my own. It the only way to make it work sometimes.

2/07/2022 2:16 pm  #5

Yes. I dropped Hyperborea into the setting I am running. Hyperborea is a  very cool game!

Knowing the table I game with. It is likely they will want the elementals "bodies" as treasure if they defeat them. But the gems will be cursed,.......I am evil at the table like that sometimes. lol

2/08/2022 6:02 am  #6

lol, too much treasure will them complacent!

2/08/2022 7:24 am  #7

it does and they do. lol Last nights/yesterdays games was cool. We are running The Sea Wolfs Daughter. Pretty much at the adventures beginning. The party wanted to attack the man eating apes at the start of the adventure. Almost had a TPK. lol The party pulled their wounded away and will likely make it. But they were all like "attack!" , I'm like ,"suckers." lol Maybe their experience will temper their reaction with the Gem Elementals.

As for the Gonzo/Hyperborea/Numenera game. My character Oola was captured  by the space slug last time. Last nights game? Can't mention that here I think.  Have to keep this site rated PG. lol

Last edited by Chartauk (2/08/2022 7:32 am)

2/08/2022 11:43 am  #8

Your an evil GMess.

Yes, I notice the picture!

Board footera

© 2009-2024 North Wind Adventures, LLC. “HYPERBOREA” is a registered trademark of North Wind Adventures, LLC. “Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea,” “AS&SH,” and all other North Wind Adventures product names and their respective logos are trademarks of North Wind Adventures, LLC in the USA and other countries. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.