!!insidediv!!

Being the Official Discussion Forum for HYPERBOREA®, a role-playing game of swords, sorcery, and weird science-fantasy

Visit us at the HYPERBOREA web site!

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

2/04/2022 3:32 pm  #1

Heavy Metal Magazine

While not safe for youngsters. I inherited copies from my dad. Fantasy,science fiction,horror,ect
good stuff. Worth a look.
https://flic.kr/p/2n1TJ5a
https://flic.kr/p/2n1V32r

Last edited by Chartauk (2/04/2022 4:02 pm)

Na Chuba! Na Gita! Negatorie Na! Na! Natoota! 

2/05/2022 1:27 pm  #2

Re: Heavy Metal Magazine

Nifty! Cool Dad. I collected from the late eighties to late 90's but lost them all in a basement flood. I had an itch recently to start collecting again and was happy to see they are still publishing but haven't pulled the trigger yet. They are a huge influence on my gaming ideas.

"Role-playing isn't storytelling. If the dungeon master is directing it, it's not a game."  ~ Gary Gygax

2/05/2022 4:35 pm  #3

Re: Heavy Metal Magazine

Yea. I still get mine to this day. (I watched both films of the same name when I was 13 and I loved them.)
They totally influcenced me and our other DM.Thing I like about the magazine is it's always first rate. I have had some people tell me, that the stories are too graphic, violence too much. I feel however if you take a certain context, and do it as a part of the events in a story or your game and they have meaning in that way. Then it is not too much. People tell me too that the women in Heavy Metal are too over sexual. I say, nothing wrong with a girl being and showing her sexuality. I wouldn't be working the job I have or gaming in our style , if I were a prude. lol

Last edited by Chartauk (2/05/2022 4:47 pm)

Na Chuba! Na Gita! Negatorie Na! Na! Natoota! 

Board footera

© 2009-2024 North Wind Adventures, LLC. “HYPERBOREA” is a registered trademark of North Wind Adventures, LLC. “Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea,” “AS&SH,” and all other North Wind Adventures product names and their respective logos are trademarks of North Wind Adventures, LLC in the USA and other countries. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.