!!insidediv!!

Being the Official Discussion Forum for HYPERBOREA®, a role-playing game of swords, sorcery, and weird science-fantasy

Visit us at the HYPERBOREA web site!

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

12/21/2017 6:04 pm  #61

Re: Welcome!

Handy Haversack wrote:

Though my group has noted that the book was pretty clearly designed by people who don't have to carry it around on the subway, Ghul.

I feel bad for those who bring multiple copies to conventions so players can use it at their games. 

4/15/2019 12:47 pm  #62

I just realized that over a month ago, this place had it's 5th anniversary/birthday/whatever the hell message boards have/do.

Congrats, most of all to Ghul, but also to my fellow posters!

4/15/2019 1:50 pm  #63

Wow. How long has AS&SH been out in the wild? Feels like not long, but if these forums have been up for 5 years already...

"No interruptions! I am El Jefe!"
[url=www.unseenservant.us]Unseen Servant[/url] for all your PbP needs.

4/15/2019 1:58 pm  #64

The first edition KS was fulfilled around April 2012. I believe..

“How can I wear the harness of toil
And sweat at the daily round,
While in my soul forever
The drums of Pictdom sound?” 

4/15/2019 7:46 pm  #65

Time flies....

9/22/2019 7:06 am  #66

Well HAPPY BIRTHDAY forum! (if that is a thing).... 

And a big welcome to those of you just joining that I have not welcomed. 

Del Teigeler, Illustrator
mavfire.blogspot.com
mavfire.deviantart.com

9/22/2019 7:16 am  #67

Good morning! It’s a beautiful day down in Northern Virginia!

3/16/2020 3:14 pm  #68

Hello, I’ve newly registered to this forum having bought the 2nd ed. books early in 2019 and having lurked about for sometime whilst reading the rules.  I’ll introduce myself.  I live in Essex, England, work in London and have been playing (mainly running games) for nearly 30 years.  My first gaming love was Middle Earth Role Playing; and I’ve mainly played d100 systems (Mythras nowadays).  I’ve been drawn to the OSR however, with great products like the Midderlands by Monkey Blood Design, and many excellent and creative adventures.  I also love pulp and sword & sorcery.  I am also old school in my gaming sensibilities: its not a play or a story, it’s a game where the story is shared after we’ve played!  I expect I shall not post often, although I will have some questions on the rules that I hope the community will help with.  Otherwise, stay safe and healthy in these challenging times!

3/16/2020 3:20 pm  #69

Welcome!

Blackadder23: Insanely long villain soliloquy, then "Your action?"
BORGO'S PLAYER: I shoot him in the face

3/16/2020 10:50 pm  #70

Welcome Antalon!

3/17/2020 2:22 pm  #71

This IS a welcoming thread! 

3/17/2020 3:49 pm  #72

Welcome!!!

3/18/2020 7:16 am  #73

Welcome Antalon! 

3/18/2020 6:58 pm  #74

Welcome Antalon: this is a convivial forum, full of erudite and dilettantish folks of a weird bent.

"It is all very well to point out that the man lacks facility; as he asserts, sheer force can overpower sophistication."
Jack Vance, Rhialto the Marvellous

1/07/2022 6:31 pm  #75

After many years of visiting this forum and an exchange of emails with Ghul today, it occurred to me that I never introduced myself.  Imagine my shock when I went to correct that and noticed I had not joined the forum and had been a guest these many years.  I guess that means I'm the old guy sitting to the side and nodding in agreement with all the great conversations and not saying anything.  So, let's correct the lack of manners in not introducing myself.

My name is Tom and I'm from Morgantown, WV.  I first gamed in 1977/78, though it was 1980 that marked the year I would say it became serious.  I have used many systems, settings and genres over 40 plus years and currently use a mix of OSR/older edition Dungeons and Dragons, as well as games such as COC 7e (for both mythos and to run MERP games), and Stars Without Number and/or Traveller for Space based fun.  My groups current favorite is shock of shocks, since I'm posting here, Hyperborea 2E, but we will be switching to 3E when we resume after the weather breaks. 

Lastly, I'll add that I am a huge fan of both Tolkien, and Sword and Sorcery as seen in Clark Ashton Smith's and Robert E Howard's works.  Films run to the same types as well as Sci/Fi and horror and music varies a bit with a Hard Rock/Metal upbringing.  

Best,

Tom (aka Imandos)

Last edited by imandos (1/07/2022 6:32 pm)

1/08/2022 9:09 am  #76

Welcome to the fora Tom! Since you've been a guest all this time you know what a convivial lot we are.  

"It is all very well to point out that the man lacks facility; as he asserts, sheer force can overpower sophistication."
Jack Vance, Rhialto the Marvellous

1/10/2022 10:41 am  #77

Welcome Tom!

1/10/2022 11:09 am  #78

Welcome aboard, Tom!

HYPERBOREA- A Role-Playing Game of Swords, Sorcery, and Weird Science-Fantasy

1/10/2022 12:36 pm  #79

Welcome Aboard!!

-- 
BlackKnight, AKA Sausage
Older than Dirt, Crusty, and set in my ways. Been playing TTRPGs for over 45 years...

1/10/2022 4:29 pm  #80

Thanks, 

Tom

Board footera

© 2009-2024 North Wind Adventures, LLC. “HYPERBOREA” is a registered trademark of North Wind Adventures, LLC. “Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea,” “AS&SH,” and all other North Wind Adventures product names and their respective logos are trademarks of North Wind Adventures, LLC in the USA and other countries. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.