!!insidediv!!

Being the Official Discussion Forum for HYPERBOREA®, a role-playing game of swords, sorcery, and weird science-fantasy

Visit us at the HYPERBOREA web site!

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

1/01/2022 6:22 pm  #4901

Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

Gundrabu whispers to Kondor, “As my longest companion I will follow your lead in this matter. To the Viking camp.”

[Of course, Gundrabu will have to know about this camp. I am assuming that this knowledge and the desire of his companions is being made known.]

“Our own age is not one which can afford to call its ancestors savage.” 
― Poul AndersonThe Broken Sword

1/01/2022 8:45 pm  #4902

Tillak voices his agreement. "The Viking's camp is the best choice."

• “Moonglum licked his long lips. 'So it’s sorcery again. In truth, Elric, this whole country is beginning to stink of wizardry and the minions of hell.' Elric murmured for his friend’s ears: 'No hell-beings these—but honest elementals, equally powerful in many ways.'"

1/01/2022 11:12 pm  #4903

The lizard suddenly appears on the crest of the north ridge, its huge form silhouetted by the rising Phobos!

Last edited by Iron Ranger (1/01/2022 11:14 pm)

1/02/2022 11:27 am  #4904

"The beast! Run!" Tillka starts running, carrying whomever needs to be carried. Tillak hopes that Sigurn is running too, so that he can follow her. 

Last edited by SullyB74 (1/02/2022 11:32 am)

• “Moonglum licked his long lips. 'So it’s sorcery again. In truth, Elric, this whole country is beginning to stink of wizardry and the minions of hell.' Elric murmured for his friend’s ears: 'No hell-beings these—but honest elementals, equally powerful in many ways.'"

1/02/2022 7:27 pm  #4905

Gundrabu runs away from the giant lizard. Since the lizard is cresting a rise, I imagine that Gundrabu is running into a valley, which should be the river. If so, he makes for the canoe he paddled over earlier.

“I am exhausted. These brawlers need to find me somewhere safe and comfortable to sleep, so I can wake and mend their wounds with the cosmic Blood of the Kraken.”

1/02/2022 9:03 pm  #4906

TIllak sees that Gundrabu is running towards the canoes, but he is unsure whether he should continue along his chosen path or follow his fellow Esquimaux. What is everyone else doing? 

1/03/2022 10:27 am  #4907

Eirvit wrote:

Gundrabu runs away from the giant lizard. Since the lizard is cresting a rise, I imagine that Gundrabu is running into a valley, which should be the river. If so, he makes for the canoe he paddled over earlier.

“I am exhausted. These brawlers need to find me somewhere safe and comfortable to sleep, so I can wake and mend their wounds with the cosmic Blood of the Kraken.”

Yes, the stream flows from west to east  between these two ridges- north and south. 
The beach with the fire spits and loads of beastman carcasses from the battle is on the north ridge side.
The canoes are across the stream on the south ridge beach, near where the lizard first emerged and where the cleric hid.
The viking;s hidden camp is on the other side of the south ridge.

Which direction does the cleric make for the canoes? At the stream directly below where the stream was crossed and then haul ass east across the south beach? Or as crow flies diagonally down the this north beach past the spits?

1/03/2022 10:29 am  #4908

SullyB74 wrote:

TIllak sees that Gundrabu is running towards the canoes, but he is unsure whether he should continue along his chosen path or follow his fellow Esquimaux. What is everyone else doing? 

Very good question! 
The lizard spies the sudden movement of the group!
[State intentions, roll initiatives. etc. etc.]

1/03/2022 7:06 pm  #4909

Which direction does the cleric make for the canoes? At the stream directly below where the stream was crossed and then haul ass east across the south beach? Or as crow flies diagonally down the this north beach past the spits?

Oh, the first one! Gundrabu heads down to the beach, then hauls ass east.

D6- 2!

1/03/2022 9:20 pm  #4910

Votin attempts to get up and retrieve his axe, hopefully one of the group will help him.

[1d6]=1

Last edited by bald_headed_yeti (1/03/2022 9:22 pm)

1/03/2022 10:46 pm  #4911

Tillak helps Votin.

1d6: 4!

1/04/2022 1:44 am  #4912

[1d6]=3

“By Ullr’s hoary balls,” Sigrun muttered under her breath at the sight of the ormr. Was her god so pitiless against her, she thought? Stoic still, the Viking pointed to trail west that would take everyone to her campsite beyond the southern ridge. “Follow me. Hopefully the ormr will stop to eat the rest of the dead beast men and not chase us.”

With that Sigrun lopes away, throwing a glance over her shoulder at both the giant lizard beast and the others.

• “He said it aloud, in a great ringing voice. Yuth-Kaathak ngom’m! Ygar naa Ithorthak! Sh’ayaa Ubb nagarr’nya Ib! Ib-nya gryalak!”
  • ― Lin Carter, The Flame of Iridar

1/04/2022 12:06 pm  #4913

Tillak hates to leave his brother Gundrabu behind, but he's going to follow Sigurn, assisting Votin as he does so.

1/04/2022 4:36 pm  #4914

Kondor follows Gundrabu, intending to protect the cleric from the lizard should it follow them.

initiative d6: 4! 

1/07/2022 10:01 am  #4915

Sigrun, Gundrabu and Kondor bound down the incline toward the stream!

Votin gets to his feet despite the seering pain of his wounds. Tillak thrusts the battle axe into the wounded warrior's hand and throws the other over his shoulder and the two hobble down after the others!

The dark sky lights as day as a cracking lightning bolt escapes the lizard's lips!

[ALL roll d20]
[Tillak +300XP for compassion.]

1/07/2022 9:25 pm  #4916

1d20- 11!

1/08/2022 11:35 am  #4917

1d20: 9! [Any modifiers?]

1/08/2022 5:39 pm  #4918

1/10/2022 9:29 am  #4919

• “He said it aloud, in a great ringing voice. Yuth-Kaathak ngom’m! Ygar naa Ithorthak! Sh’ayaa Ubb nagarr’nya Ib! Ib-nya gryalak!”
  • ― Lin Carter, The Flame of Iridar

1/11/2022 2:11 am  #4920

d20:  15!

Board footera

© 2009-2024 North Wind Adventures, LLC. “HYPERBOREA” is a registered trademark of North Wind Adventures, LLC. “Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea,” “AS&SH,” and all other North Wind Adventures product names and their respective logos are trademarks of North Wind Adventures, LLC in the USA and other countries. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.