!!insidediv!!

Being the Official Discussion Forum for HYPERBOREA®, a role-playing game of swords, sorcery, and weird science-fantasy

Visit us at the HYPERBOREA web site!

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

12/28/2021 7:20 pm  #1

White Marsh map

Here is a map I made when my group and I started playing our game a few years back.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/194693902@N02/51784455110/in/dateposted-public/

The White Marsh played and is still playing a key roll in game. A bit of a "genesis" region .

Last edited by Blackadder23 (12/29/2021 8:01 pm)

Na Chuba! Na Gita! Negatorie Na! Na! Natoota! 

12/29/2021 8:18 am  #2

Re: White Marsh map

Good map; great detail.

Just so you know your link did not work, but can copy and paste it and it goes to map!

12/29/2021 4:03 pm  #3

Thanks. I will try and fix that on future uploads.

12/29/2021 7:59 pm  #4

Nice! Made with Campaign Cartographer 3?

ETA: I fixed the link for you, since  I was (perhaps unwisely) given admin access while working on the playtest document.

Last edited by Blackadder23 (12/29/2021 8:01 pm)

Michael Sipe 1979-2018
Rest in peace, brother.

12/29/2021 9:20 pm  #5

Thanks! 

12/30/2021 4:03 am  #6

Sorted!

12/30/2021 5:26 am  #7

I made it using Inkranate. The online program. I do have CC3 installed but I have been using Inkarnate more lately.

1/04/2022 6:09 am  #8

Not see this reply, very good, just looked at site, very interesting, but I a doom and gloom B&W map person for some reason.

Still enjoying your maps and tales.

1/04/2022 12:24 pm  #9

whatever floats your boat! I like hand drawn maps too. I need to post some of mine. I like Inkarnate because of the versitility.

1/05/2022 5:00 am  #10

Yes, it seems easy to use, what takes me days could be done in hours, but it what I use to.

Nialldubh’s albums | Flickr

This is my Flickr, you need to scroll to lower part of screen to see my maps I done. Most are conversions of other folks maps, but some are mine, just too many to label.

1/05/2022 7:11 pm  #11

I'll give it a look. Thank you

1/06/2022 5:28 am  #12

1/06/2022 4:54 pm  #13

I faved some of those that I really liked.

1/07/2022 3:20 am  #14

Thanks Chartauk...

I do add stuff from other peoples' work, the cities (if not obvious) are done by others, but I fix broken maps or enhance and redo 80% of the time. So, just so you know I not the creator.

I did sketch Qarachinua Tungalag though...

1/07/2022 4:39 am  #15

Same. Aside from those I have done in Inkarnate I use other maps too. Lots of handouts at my table and tactile props too.

1/08/2022 3:15 am  #16

Yeah, noticed, enjoy the Keep on the Border side view, downloaded that one.

1/08/2022 5:16 am  #17

Yes. That map has everything a  party needs for a home base. Off topic I also started to try and run a Star Trek game with the Tiny D6 system. (Set in the Romulan Empire/ party are freelancers). Having trouble however getting players to show up. So I started, reinstated my old play by post game/

Last edited by Chartauk (1/08/2022 5:42 am)

1/09/2022 4:18 am  #18

Yes, I enjoy Star Trek, but never played. Got a D20 set of rules, but with so much work to do in real life I stopped doing PBP as it can distracted. I try doing a Conan PbP for a group of folk at beginning of last year; most from America (I Glasgow, Scotland) and ended working at it 8-9 hours a day. With this covid, they had too much time to play and I had to stop it as it was exhausting. Getting old I guess.

I working at a Zombie set of rules at present, stuff I created about 38 years ago, and with my Conan forums; it busy, busy, busy...

Still off topic, is that you dressed as a predator, if so nice headgear..

1/09/2022 4:34 am  #19

I run a "slow" game in play by post. I only post twice a week and my players ,do too, more or less. I want to play a Conan game, my dad showed me the old Conan movie and it was great! I even enjoyed the second one. My dad said the second one is crap! lol
Yes. The issue I have is not all my players can make game day(s), because of work and life. So the play by post seems like the way to go. However even with that, some of them still struggle with finding time. No, that is not me. That is my sister I believe, hard to tell by the shot, but she sent me the picture, as she was going to do a predator for halloween. She lives in another state. I did do an Oola costume a couple years back for a local Star Wars cosplay event. I was barred from entering because it showed too much skin,.....I was like this IS how the original was in the film,......
So I instead went home and watched tv with friends. lol

Last edited by Chartauk (1/09/2022 4:46 am)

1/10/2022 4:53 am  #20

Do you have a game site, like RPG Crossing, I could manage if it just 2 posts a week, but if your USA and I UK the time difference can be annoying, but with 2 post/week, that might work.

I just play Conan RPG these days; mostly and more to just create, than play. If you want a Conan PbP, it would have to be slow as your game, I have game slot in RPG Crossing I could readjust to do a quick adventure?

Yes, first film with Arnie is the best and done has been better so far, the second film was a disaster and embarrasses me when watching it.

So, your sister? eh, and if to not cripple my soul attempting to ask right question, is any of those photographs you?

Board footera

© 2009-2024 North Wind Adventures, LLC. “HYPERBOREA” is a registered trademark of North Wind Adventures, LLC. “Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea,” “AS&SH,” and all other North Wind Adventures product names and their respective logos are trademarks of North Wind Adventures, LLC in the USA and other countries. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.