!!insidediv!!

Being the Official Discussion Forum for HYPERBOREA®, a role-playing game of swords, sorcery, and weird science-fantasy

Visit us at the HYPERBOREA web site!

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

11/21/2021 1:20 pm  #4821

Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

Kondor looks for Gundrabu.

ooc: Did Kondor get any more hit points, or is he just at 2hp now?

11/21/2021 1:57 pm  #4822

Tillak says, "I didn't see Gundrabu be eaten by the lizard. We should follow the path of the huntsman. Come, she is down by the river."

• “Moonglum licked his long lips. 'So it’s sorcery again. In truth, Elric, this whole country is beginning to stink of wizardry and the minions of hell.' Elric murmured for his friend’s ears: 'No hell-beings these—but honest elementals, equally powerful in many ways.'"

11/22/2021 10:32 am  #4823

fireinthedust wrote:

Kondor looks for Gundrabu.

ooc: Did Kondor get any more hit points, or is he just at 2hp now?

Kondor remains in sad shape with 2 hp, even after his brief rest and the seabird.

11/23/2021 10:44 am  #4824

[Jehosaphat! That sucks!]

• “Moonglum licked his long lips. 'So it’s sorcery again. In truth, Elric, this whole country is beginning to stink of wizardry and the minions of hell.' Elric murmured for his friend’s ears: 'No hell-beings these—but honest elementals, equally powerful in many ways.'"

11/23/2021 5:26 pm  #4825

SullyB74 wrote:

I mean, sure, but also nah: this game ain't fer people who like it easy!!! This is a game for people who walk ten miles to and from the game, uphill both trips, in five feet of snow - pausing only to fight and eat polar bears attacking en route!
Chuck Norris played this game, and quit because he couldn't take it!

But yeah, eventually I could use a full heal. It's been months and I miss being able to fight stuff without risking instant death.

11/24/2021 11:55 am  #4826

fireinthedust wrote:

SullyB74 wrote:

I mean, sure, but also nah: this game ain't fer people who like it easy!!! This is a game for people who walk ten miles to and from the game, uphill both trips, in five feet of snow - pausing only to fight and eat polar bears attacking en route!
Chuck Norris played this game, and quit because he couldn't take it!

But yeah, eventually I could use a full heal. It's been months and I miss being able to fight stuff without risking instant death.

[Kondor +100XP for reality check!]

11/24/2021 6:39 pm  #4827

Tillak looks at Kondor's wounds and grimaces. "Y'thaq'a favors you with life and little else, brother. If Gundrabu has not gone to his beloved Kraken, then perhaps he can heal you."

11/24/2021 8:11 pm  #4828

Kondor grins. "Aye, let's go see. Perhaps this valkyrie can explain herself - or give a reason to intrude upon our band's misfortunate journey, like a campsite or hunter's cabin so we can get a proper night's rest! Or shears for this beard, or boots for these Kimmerian feet."

Kondor heads down to find Gundrabu, hopefully with Tillak at his side.

11/25/2021 2:04 am  #4829

Tillak follows.

Last edited by SullyB74 (11/25/2021 8:34 am)

11/25/2021 10:46 am  #4830

Kondor and Tillak grab their weapons and leave the small camp, the fire still flickering in the dark.
The path is unclear but they follow the distant sound of the water. 

[Kondor roll d6]
[Tillak roll d6]

11/25/2021 12:29 pm  #4831

1d6: 2! Any bonuses? 

11/27/2021 9:20 am  #4832

Kondor: d6: 3!

11/27/2021 10:04 am  #4833

Kondor and Tillak round the south ridge and see 3 figures moving in the dark halfway up the north ridge across the stream.

11/27/2021 10:44 am  #4834

Are we able to make out the shape of the figures as they approach us? For example, can we discern the outline of Gundrabu?

11/27/2021 10:45 am  #4835

The figures are too far in this darkness.

11/27/2021 3:40 pm  #4836

Kondor whispers to Tillak - "What happened while I've been out? When was the last you saw Gundrabu or that viking woman? I'll track them from this campsite. That's three people, so unless there's someone else who's joined us, that could be three beastmen. If it is, our cleric (and whoever, so long as she doesn't hit me in the face for no reason) will need our help. If it isn't... well, I'm ready for some answers. Let's go, but quietly."

Quietly, Kondor uses his hunter's skills and his barbarian's instincts to follow the trail of the cleric and others - hoping that it is they who are the trio, not some new threat.

11/28/2021 6:47 pm  #4837

There are human boot prints leading ahead to the stream.

11/29/2021 6:30 pm  #4838

Iron Ranger wrote:

There are human boot prints leading ahead to the stream.

Kondor follows them!

11/29/2021 9:13 pm  #4839

Crawdad wrote:

”…I will stay and watch over you two.”

Sigrun is on the alert for external threats as her two charges rest, her spear ready to be brought to bear.

• “He said it aloud, in a great ringing voice. Yuth-Kaathak ngom’m! Ygar naa Ithorthak! Sh’ayaa Ubb nagarr’nya Ib! Ib-nya gryalak!”
  • ― Lin Carter, The Flame of Iridar

11/30/2021 9:28 am  #4840

Kondor reaches the stream and from here can make out the shapes of the figures on the hill, it's the cleric and the barbarian with the viking looming over them with her familiar spear.

Board footera

© 2009-2024 North Wind Adventures, LLC. “HYPERBOREA” is a registered trademark of North Wind Adventures, LLC. “Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea,” “AS&SH,” and all other North Wind Adventures product names and their respective logos are trademarks of North Wind Adventures, LLC in the USA and other countries. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.