!!insidediv!!

Being the Official Discussion Forum for HYPERBOREA®, a role-playing game of swords, sorcery, and weird science-fantasy

Visit us at the HYPERBOREA web site!

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

4/29/2021 8:35 pm  #1

Gamehole VIII 2021

Who's all going?  Anyone running anything?  I'll be there, kids with me as they attend their first big con.  If I run something it will be AS&SoH or AD&D.  Mr. Manowar will be present and accounted for.  When I saw my doctor last I asked for a vaccination against lycanthropes, but they misheard me and gave me one for Covid-19 instead.  Looking forward to seeing who will all be there and catching up.  It's been a while!

Other bands play, Manowar kill!

4/29/2021 10:44 pm  #2

Re: Gamehole VIII 2021

I intend to be there.

Probably running some circus and wreckus maximus. I'm not sure if I'll run a Hyperborea event or not. Maybe a Gaslands event.

We'll see what strikes me around event submission time.

What? Me worry?

5/06/2021 8:15 am  #3

The wife and I will definitely be there!

Nothing submitted yet, but I am currently thinking about running one session of AS&SH. (or will it be simply H by that time?) 

Looking forward to seeing you guys, and all our convention friends again!!! 

5/07/2021 4:01 pm  #4

I will be there.

...or be square!

Last edited by M'Koth (5/07/2021 4:02 pm)

5/07/2021 4:32 pm  #5

I will be there. Hail and kill, Mr. Manowar! ;)

HYPERBOREA- A Role-Playing Game of Swords, Sorcery, and Weird Science-Fantasy

5/13/2021 1:19 pm  #6

Ghul wrote:

I will be there.

AWESOME!!! 

Do you know your game schedule yet, by any chance? 

I assume you will be running something? 

5/13/2021 6:41 pm  #7

Big Shiny wrote:

Ghul wrote:

I will be there.

AWESOME!!! 

Do you know your game schedule yet, by any chance? 

I assume you will be running something? 

Not yet, but I will entering my games soon!

6/19/2021 11:10 am  #8

I am going to submit this one for Thursday 4-8. I know it won’t appeal to everyone, but the timeless connection between metal music and fantasy RPG’s was too good to pass up. I would love to hear any thoughts or opinions. (or corrections)

Metal Church

From the depths of Underborea, rumors proliferate of an ancient temple encased in a strange and mystical black steel. Enduring abundant hardships, your motley band of cutthroat explorers has traversed the immeasurable darkness to locate this unholy edifice and now stand before its immense fortifications reflecting in your dim torchlight. Will any survive to discover the secrets concealed inside the Metal Church?

This game will be an old-school dungeon crawl played with minis on a multi-level 3D DF set-up, complete with metal themed tricks, traps, monsters, and spewing over with Classic Heavy Metal references. Designed for 5-8 characters, levels 4th through 7th (head banging pregens provided), this adventure is sure to scratch the itch of any role-playing metalheads out there. No hairspray posers allowed! (Prior knowledge of classic Metal music is not actually required to play, but it will help.)

6/23/2021 10:12 am  #9

Big Shiny wrote:

I am going to submit this one for Thursday 4-8. I know it won’t appeal to everyone, but the timeless connection between metal music and fantasy RPG’s was too good to pass up. I would love to hear any thoughts or opinions. (or corrections)

This sounds awesome! I love Metal Church (the band and especially that self-titled album). I love 3D terrain. I am definitely in for this event. I will wear my metal patch vest and participate joyfully with all the inside jokes and bad puns.

By the way I think this is my first post on here. I have not played HYPERBOREA yet and I am looking forward to the upcoming 3e Kickstarter.

- Nick

6/23/2021 1:58 pm  #10

Well, thanks for making me your first,  and welcome to the board, Nick! 

After the long silence, I was starting to think this game sounded pretty terrible. 

I appreciate your feedback, and dig the enthusiasm. Are you near the Madison area? 

6/23/2021 2:47 pm  #11

Ahh, I must have missed the post where you described the adventure! Sounds great, and I'm a fan of Metal Church, too. My favorite album is Blessing in Disguise, but the self-titled album is a close second. Cheers!

6/24/2021 8:30 am  #12

Big Shiny wrote:

Are you near the Madison area?  

Nope, I'm in central Ohio. I work in a hospital. This last year has the been the worst. I'm taking a few weeks off in October and my wife and I are going to hit the road. Part of our trip will be hitting 3 RPG conventions that month. I've been looking forward to a chance to come to Gamehole. 

6/28/2021 10:48 am  #13

Ghul wrote:

Ahh, I must have missed the post where you described the adventure! Sounds great, and I'm a fan of Metal Church, too. My favorite album is Blessing in Disguise, but the self-titled album is a close second. Cheers!

I think Blessing in Disguise was a masterpiece and by far their best album. 

But I like the first two a lot as well, and the fourth one for that matter. 

This game will be about classic metal music in general, not just about Metal Church. But I found that to be a fitting title. 

6/28/2021 10:54 am  #14

multiarms wrote:

Big Shiny wrote:

Are you near the Madison area?  

Nope, I'm in central Ohio. I work in a hospital. This last year has the been the worst. I'm taking a few weeks off in October and my wife and I are going to hit the road. Part of our trip will be hitting 3 RPG conventions that month. I've been looking forward to a chance to come to Gamehole. 

Awesome! 

The wife and I try to make all the local conventions and GHC is by far the best run convention we attend. I think most of us cant wait to get back into playing around the table safely again. 

If you have any questions about the game or the con, just ask. 

7/03/2021 7:06 pm  #15

I just bought my ticket and I’m trying to decide on event submissions. Thinking about running something of my own for Hyperborea, but I can’t decide. 

7/04/2021 8:07 am  #16

Tim_D wrote:

I just bought my ticket and I’m trying to decide on event submissions. Thinking about running something of my own for Hyperborea, but I can’t decide. 

I hope you do! It's always easier to run something that you make up, so I can see why you'd want to. Plus you have a diabolical imagination, so I'm sure it will be good. ;)

EDIT: Oh, and welcome to the boards, Tim!

Last edited by Ghul (7/04/2021 8:08 am)

9/04/2021 6:39 pm  #17

multiarms wrote:

Big Shiny wrote:

This sounds awesome! I love Metal Church (the band and especially that self-titled album). I love 3D terrain. I am definitely in for this event. I will wear my metal patch vest and participate joyfully with all the inside jokes and bad puns.

By the way I think this is my first post on here. I have not played HYPERBOREA yet and I am looking forward to the upcoming 3e Kickstarter.

- Nick

Just curious. Were you able to get a seat? 

10/25/2021 8:49 pm  #18

Fantastic time at Gamehole!  Boy it was great to see people and game with you all again (to those who attended).  It's so much fun to have generated new memories and stories about how Gamehole was.  Also, since I played Late Trapper's Lament, can't wait to see the finished product when the KS ships next year.  Ghul, thanks for the great conversations as always and looking forward to seeing you all in the future!

Other bands play, Manowar kill!

10/26/2021 3:22 pm  #19

Damn, I should have stopped by and said hi.

I saw a dude in a Manowar shirt and thought, "that kinda looks like MrManowar. I think".

And as Francisca replied when I mentioned I thought it was you, "at the very least he would know who MrManowar is".

Oh well, maybe next year :-)

What? Me worry?

10/26/2021 3:37 pm  #20

We had a blast as well!

Got to chat with Jeff a couple times and drank way too much for 4 straight days. 

We didn’t get to see or hang with everyone we wanted, but our games were great and I had 2 good groups of players in mine. 

There is never enough time to get to do everything you want to do at these things. 

Board footera

© 2009-2024 North Wind Adventures, LLC. “HYPERBOREA” is a registered trademark of North Wind Adventures, LLC. “Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea,” “AS&SH,” and all other North Wind Adventures product names and their respective logos are trademarks of North Wind Adventures, LLC in the USA and other countries. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.