!!insidediv!!

Being the Official Discussion Forum for HYPERBOREA®, a role-playing game of swords, sorcery, and weird science-fantasy

Visit us at the HYPERBOREA web site!

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

10/22/2021 9:15 pm  #4701

Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

fireinthedust wrote:

Crawdad wrote:

OOC: Hate to throw this in there but I will be out of pocket for the next 3to 4 days.

OOC:  Out of pocket?  Like broke, or away from the game? If you're going to be gone for several days, Kondor is therefore stuck in this position until your return. GM doesn't move for absent players, respecting player agency (which is a respect for consent, which is good). That means, however, that we'll be a bit stuck until you're back.

Also:  Welcome @Crawdad !!!  Good to have a new player. 

[Actually...sometimes a character's eyes kinda glaze over and you have to throw them over your shoulder and get the hell outta there!]

10/22/2021 9:34 pm  #4702

Tillak makes it to the canoes just as he hears the lizard attack the lone barabian!

10/23/2021 6:39 am  #4703

TIllak gears up and readies himself to help the barbarian. "Any enemy of a giant lizard that's apparently trying to eat the party is a friend of mine!"

• “Moonglum licked his long lips. 'So it’s sorcery again. In truth, Elric, this whole country is beginning to stink of wizardry and the minions of hell.' Elric murmured for his friend’s ears: 'No hell-beings these—but honest elementals, equally powerful in many ways.'"

10/23/2021 7:57 am  #4704

Satisfied with its kill, the lizard slinks up over the ridge in pursuit of the fleeing savage beastmen.

10/23/2021 8:55 pm  #4705

Sh****t. The barbarian is dead? Bummer. If the lizard has departed, I go and check up on the fallen barbarian, just to see if he really has passed or is just playing possum, so to speak. Maybe we can perform field medicine, stabilize him.]  

• “Moonglum licked his long lips. 'So it’s sorcery again. In truth, Elric, this whole country is beginning to stink of wizardry and the minions of hell.' Elric murmured for his friend’s ears: 'No hell-beings these—but honest elementals, equally powerful in many ways.'"

10/23/2021 9:20 pm  #4706

SullyB74 wrote:

Sh****t. The barbarian is dead? Bummer. If the lizard has departed, I go and check up on the fallen barbarian, just to see if he really has passed or is just playing possum, so to speak. Maybe we can perform field medicine, stabilize him.]  

The fallen barbarian is halfway up the north ridge, back where the lizard saw Tillak, but ACROSS the stream. Tillak is on the south side.

10/24/2021 7:20 pm  #4707

OK. I guess I don''t check up on him, then.  [Who is on that side of the river that can give aid?] Once I have my armor and equipment on, I return to where Kondor is. 

10/24/2021 8:14 pm  #4708

Votin roll d20.

10/25/2021 2:30 pm  #4709

10/25/2021 2:30 pm  #4710

[ooc; wow it works]

10/25/2021 9:11 pm  #4711

bald_headed_yeti wrote:

[1d20]=16

Noted!

10/26/2021 6:00 pm  #4712

Sigrun watched quietly as the stranger before her removed his sword, her cold blue eyes as sharp as the tip of her spear.  Her voice when she spoke was still low and firm.  "The ormr is angry and too powerful to defeat, by one or many. Make no noise as to attract the ormr's attention, nor test me, if you wish to live.  When the beast passes, then we talk."

OOC:
Forgive my sudden absence.  I was in the ER when I replied last. My stay in the hospital took longer than was anticipated and today I was finally discharged.  The drug-induced euphoria has worn off and I'm level headed enough to join in again. Again, my apologies for leaving everyone in the lurch.

• “He said it aloud, in a great ringing voice. Yuth-Kaathak ngom’m! Ygar naa Ithorthak! Sh’ayaa Ubb nagarr’nya Ib! Ib-nya gryalak!”
  • ― Lin Carter, The Flame of Iridar

10/26/2021 8:25 pm  #4713

NP! Glad you're feeling better. :-)

10/26/2021 10:02 pm  #4714

Crawdad wrote:

Sigrun watched quietly as the stranger before her removed his sword, her cold blue eyes as sharp as the tip of her spear.  Her voice when she spoke was still low and firm.  "The ormr is angry and too powerful to defeat, by one or many. Make no noise as to attract the ormr's attention, nor test me, if you wish to live.  When the beast passes, then we talk."

OOC:
Forgive my sudden absence.  I was in the ER when I replied last. My stay in the hospital took longer than was anticipated and today I was finally discharged.  The drug-induced euphoria has worn off and I'm level headed enough to join in again. Again, my apologies for leaving everyone in the lurch.

[Sigrun +250 XP for disarming high level Barbarian]

10/26/2021 10:15 pm  #4715

Kondor rolls his eye. "Boreas' blue bollox, I've had enough of this! You can kill - just kill me now - but I've not slept in years yet been roasted alive, beaten, held in stasis by a damned sorcerer for years, watched friends murdered and reanimated by demons as undead; or captured and eaten by cannibals; drowned in a river of feces, and chased by a dragon - and I'd rather die than be talked down to. You could have said literally nothing if you wanted to keep me quiet - but you decide to hold me at spearpoint, waste my time with taking my sword off, and now you want me to be quiet because the dragon might hear me... like I wasn't being quiet before you showed up with your dumb spear!"

The barbarian moves his chin up so the huntress can just kill him in one easy strike, and starts to buckle his belt back up - whether she murders him or not.

"Well? Did the dragon hear me? I would WELCOME a dragon eating me to the day I've been having. Unless you're a well-cooked meal and a very comfortable hammock, I have nothing to say to you!"

ooc:  lol. Nothing personal, but understand Kondor has had a TERRIBLE few days. He's done. No F's given. 

10/26/2021 11:21 pm  #4716

fireinthedust wrote:

Kondor rolls his eye. "Boreas' blue bollox, I've had enough of this! You can kill - just kill me now - but I've not slept in years yet been roasted alive, beaten, held in stasis by a damned sorcerer for years, watched friends murdered and reanimated by demons as undead; or captured and eaten by cannibals; drowned in a river of feces, and chased by a dragon - and I'd rather die than be talked down to. You could have said literally nothing if you wanted to keep me quiet - but you decide to hold me at spearpoint, waste my time with taking my sword off, and now you want me to be quiet because the dragon might hear me... like I wasn't being quiet before you showed up with your dumb spear!"

The barbarian moves his chin up so the huntress can just kill him in one easy strike, and starts to buckle his belt back up - whether she murders him or not.

"Well? Did the dragon hear me? I would WELCOME a dragon eating me to the day I've been having. Unless you're a well-cooked meal and a very comfortable hammock, I have nothing to say to you!"

ooc:  lol. Nothing personal, but understand Kondor has had a TERRIBLE few days. He's done. No F's given. 

Kondor steals a glance at the lizard disappearing over the far north ridge.

[Kondor +100 XP for sass.]

10/27/2021 1:16 am  #4717

fireinthedust wrote:

If only for a second, Sigrun is impressed at the man offering his bare throat. But it was a short second and Sigrun hissed, "Ullr knows you've spoken too much. If you fight like you talk, the dread ormr would surely be dead." Before she allows him to buckle his belt completely, the spear is a blur as she swivels the butt around to knock him out.

OOC: Iron Ranger, how do we do this?  Do you roll or do I? Is a roll needed as Kondor his kneeling/haunching, exposing his neck for her to strike?

OOC: fireinthedust: Hey man, I totally get it.  We each gotta play our parts.  I can't wait and see how our characters are going to get along, if at all. No F's given in return, LOL!

Last edited by Crawdad (10/27/2021 1:17 am)

• “He said it aloud, in a great ringing voice. Yuth-Kaathak ngom’m! Ygar naa Ithorthak! Sh’ayaa Ubb nagarr’nya Ib! Ib-nya gryalak!”
  • ― Lin Carter, The Flame of Iridar

10/27/2021 3:29 am  #4718

[Am I on the same side of the river as Kondor? If so, do I see this woman striking my friend in the head?]!]

10/27/2021 8:56 am  #4719

Crawdad wrote:

fireinthedust wrote:

If only for a second, Sigrun is impressed at the man offering his bare throat. But it was a short second and Sigrun hissed, "Ullr knows you've spoken too much. If you fight like you talk, the dread ormr would surely be dead." Before she allows him to buckle his belt completely, the spear is a blur as she swivels the butt around to knock him out.

OOC: Iron Ranger, how do we do this?  Do you roll or do I? Is a roll needed as Kondor his kneeling/haunching, exposing his neck for her to strike?

OOC: fireinthedust: Hey man, I totally get it.  We each gotta play our parts.  I can't wait and see how our characters are going to get along, if at all. No F's given in return, LOL!

[Players make the rolls.]
[Normally the attack modifier for Defender is Defenseless is Automatic, but since Kondor is not bound and conscious there is a chance his barbarian instincts might kick back in. I'll give Sigrun a +8 to hit for Kondor's resignation.]

10/27/2021 9:56 am  #4720

Iron Ranger wrote:

windcrest highlands ranch

Board footera

© 2009-2024 North Wind Adventures, LLC. “HYPERBOREA” is a registered trademark of North Wind Adventures, LLC. “Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea,” “AS&SH,” and all other North Wind Adventures product names and their respective logos are trademarks of North Wind Adventures, LLC in the USA and other countries. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.