LOGOmasthead2021

Being the Official Discussion Forum for Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea


Visit us at the HYPERBOREA web site! Also check out our new HYPERBOREA 3E Kickstarter!





You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

10/13/2021 10:32 pm  #4681


Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

Eirvit wrote:

Iron Ranger wrote:

Eirvit wrote:

[Maybe the lizard wants to be the barbarian's friend?]

When it is his turn, Gundrabu touches the bone and wiggles it a bit, to see if it will come free from the earth -- or perhaps if it is attached to a greater skeleton.

The bone shifts in the mud, about two inches protrude. Its edge is smooth by a single cleave.

Gundrabu seizes as much of the protruding part of the bone as he can. He stiffens his legs and shoulders. He gives the bone a yank, using most of his feeble strength.

Gundrabu grasps the bone tip and, with a squelching suck, pries the bone free from the mud. 
It is instantly recognizable as a forearm, cleaved at the elbow. Maggot eaten flesh droops free to the hand. 
A tarnished silver ring set with a dull red garnet encircles the thumb.


 
 

10/14/2021 6:49 pm  #4682


Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

Gundrabu has dropped his long and sharpened pike already. He also has sheathed his dagger.

“Khalk-xu conserve me.”

Gundrabu works the ring off the decomposing thumb. If he succeeds, he puts the ring on one of his own fingers.


“Our own age is not one which can afford to call its ancestors savage.” 
― Poul AndersonThe Broken Sword
 

10/14/2021 10:06 pm  #4683


Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

Eirvit wrote:

Gundrabu has dropped his long and sharpened pike already. He also has sheathed his dagger.

“Khalk-xu conserve me.”

Gundrabu works the ring off the decomposing thumb. If he succeeds, he puts the ring on one of his own fingers.

The ring easily falls away from the rotted flesh and bone but it makes for a very tight fit on the cleric's fingers.
With some working it finally slips into place.
[Gundrabu roll d10.]


 
     Thread Starter
 

10/15/2021 5:15 pm  #4684


Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

D10- 6!


“Our own age is not one which can afford to call its ancestors savage.” 
― Poul AndersonThe Broken Sword
 

10/16/2021 3:10 pm  #4685


Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

Iron Ranger wrote:

SullyB74 wrote:

OOC: Would I be able to reach my gear? Usually I wouldn't risk it, but a large wyrm that could attack any time? That armor and shield may come in handy. 

[Tillak isn't clear about how far Kondor carried him away from the canoes, and now that he is around the back side of the south ridge he can no longer see them, but his memory of the stream and its shores makes him think it could only around take a few minutes to make the return journey.]
 

 [Does Tillak choose to go back for his gear?]


 
     Thread Starter
 

10/16/2021 8:58 pm  #4686


Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

Yes, Tillak goes back for his gear.
 



  • “Moonglum licked his long lips. 'So it’s sorcery again. In truth, Elric, this whole country is beginning to stink of wizardry and the minions of hell.' Elric murmured for his friend’s ears: 'No hell-beings these—but honest elementals, equally powerful in many ways.'"
 

10/16/2021 11:48 pm  #4687


Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

She sat on her haunches within the small clearing, a young woman swaddled in hides and furs.  She's holding onto a short spear tipped with worn yet good steel free of rust, the weapon upright, butt against the ground.  The camp fire before her is unlit, the coals now cold as she couldn't risk a fire with so many tracks of the men-who-were-like-beasts nearby.  

She's listening to the sounds of battle beyond the ridge. She knows the sounds.  She knows there's a Ormr down there as well.  She's heard it, smelled the ozone of its terrible breath.  She knows she's only one warrior.  Best to stay out of it, she thinks.

Suddenly there's a sound carried with the breeze.  Her head swivels.  Once filled with baby fat, the pretty face of youth was now one of savage beauty as pale blue eyes limmed by dark soot from the camp fire searched for the source of the noise. There, in the brush, was the figure, its back towards her at the edge of the ridge.  She rose from her haunches, spear in one hand while pulling the shield from her back with the other.  She's a tall woman, her body lean and muscular under her furs and hides, with curves where it mattered.  A mane of ash white hair framed one side of her face, both loose and braided tresses falling well past her shoulder, the other side of her scalp shorn to the skin and painted with Norse symbols with woad.

She moved quietly toward the figure in a crouch, her movements fluid and graceful.  The bands, fetishes and feathers were bound, tied and affixed to her hair and braids so as to not make a noise.  

She will attempt to sneak up behind the figure in armor.  If successful, she will press the tip of her spear against the base of the skull and whisper in a feminine voice laced with a hard edge. "Careful. Make no sound or any sudden move or this spear goes through your head and out your mouth.  With the fingers of one hand, take each weapon you have and slowly toss them away."

I make make no attempt to reveal her name, yet…

(OOC: I don't know if you want me to roll my own Move Silently attempt - I rolled a 3 on a d12 -or if you the DM roll this yourself.)

(OOC: Btw, hi y'all)

Inspiration Pic

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/fd/f1/22/fdf122731b193c62f868d3382ea9abfb.jpg

 

Last edited by Crawdad (10/17/2021 12:12 am)



  • "You know my work. One more step and I'll set to work on you, you fucking swollen pig." The Blade Itself
 

10/17/2021 8:49 am  #4688


Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

Kondor is amazed at the lizard's patience and ponders the young barbarian's methods to apparently tame this ferocious beast. There is a sudden musk on the air and his Alertness warns him of impending Ambush! He spins on his haunch to face the tip of the short spear inches from his face.
She towers over him, her features a hard beauty. Her common tongue laced with Viking lilt,
"Careful. Make no sound or any sudden move or this spear goes through your head and out your mouth.  With the fingers of one hand, take each weapon you have and slowly toss them away."


 
     Thread Starter
 

10/17/2021 6:47 pm  #4689


Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

[@crawdad: Welcome!]



  • “Moonglum licked his long lips. 'So it’s sorcery again. In truth, Elric, this whole country is beginning to stink of wizardry and the minions of hell.' Elric murmured for his friend’s ears: 'No hell-beings these—but honest elementals, equally powerful in many ways.'"
 

10/17/2021 7:13 pm  #4690


Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

SullyB74 wrote:

Yes, Tillak goes back for his gear.
 

Motivated by necessity, Tillak takes back to the south beach, sprinting at breakneck speed for the canoes far ahead.

Suddenly the lizard turns hearing his panting and footfalls in the mud!


 
     Thread Starter
 

10/18/2021 12:13 pm  #4691


Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

[@crawdad:Welcome @not the new one now]

 

10/18/2021 6:14 pm  #4692


Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

Iron Ranger wrote:

SullyB74 wrote:

Yes, Tillak goes back for his gear.
 

Motivated by necessity, Tillak takes back to the south beach, sprinting at breakneck speed for the canoes far ahead.

Suddenly the lizard turns hearing his panting and footfalls in the mud!

[Holy s*** balls!!! https://cdn.boardhost.com/emoticons/errr.png
]
 



  • “Moonglum licked his long lips. 'So it’s sorcery again. In truth, Elric, this whole country is beginning to stink of wizardry and the minions of hell.' Elric murmured for his friend’s ears: 'No hell-beings these—but honest elementals, equally powerful in many ways.'"
 

10/19/2021 8:35 am  #4693


Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

Noticing the great lizard's gaze focus elsewhere, Votin increasing the banging on the shield to draw it's attention back to him.

He also starts hollering a string of insults, not that the lizard would understand but it encourages Votin to continue his show of bravado.

 

10/20/2021 9:11 am  #4694


Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

bald_headed_yeti wrote:

Noticing the great lizard's gaze focus elsewhere, Votin increasing the banging on the shield to draw it's attention back to him.

He also starts hollering a string of insults, not that the lizard would understand but it encourages Votin to continue his show of bravado.

Votin spies the running man and renews his clanging threats! The lizard returns its attention to the task at hand.
And in a blur advances atop the barbarian - its multiple razor claws slash and rip through metal and flesh [6,13,19,18,16, and 20!] as it tries in vain to sink its fanged teeth [4!]  

[Votin -13HP]
 


 
     Thread Starter
 

10/20/2021 11:19 am  #4695


Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

[ooc: Medic!]

 

10/21/2021 11:13 am  #4696


Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

bald_headed_yeti wrote:

[ooc: Medic!]

Sorry, Gundrabu has no spells! I’m beginning to believe he’ll never have spells again. 😂

No rest for worshippers of the Kraken!

Last edited by Eirvit (10/21/2021 11:14 am)


“Our own age is not one which can afford to call its ancestors savage.” 
― Poul AndersonThe Broken Sword
 

10/21/2021 12:38 pm  #4697


Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

Eirvit wrote:

bald_headed_yeti wrote:

[ooc: Medic!]

Sorry, Gundrabu has no spells! I’m beginning to believe he’ll never have spells again. 😂

No rest for worshippers of the Kraken!

[LOL. The esquimeaux needs sleep for prayer rejuvenation!
feels like it's been years since he took a nap!]

Last edited by Iron Ranger (10/21/2021 12:38 pm)


 
     Thread Starter
 

10/21/2021 5:48 pm  #4698


Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

Iron Ranger wrote:

Kondor is amazed at the lizard's patience and ponders the young barbarian's methods to apparently tame this ferocious beast. There is a sudden musk on the air and his Alertness warns him of impending Ambush! He spins on his haunch to face the tip of the short spear inches from his face.
She towers over him, her features a hard beauty. Her common tongue laced with Viking lilt,
"Careful. Make no sound or any sudden move or this spear goes through your head and out your mouth.  With the fingers of one hand, take each weapon you have and slowly toss them away."

ooc: don't worry, I thought - there's nothing going on in the game until Votin fights that dragon. Just chill out with the new job and watch squid game for a few days. You'll be fine!

IC:  Kondor faces the spear-wielding warrior woman and looks her in the eye as she speaks.  He ignores the spear, and seems more irritated than anything else. His body is bruised, his face battered, and he looks as though recently burned or held too close to the fire, matched by the smell of smoke on him. Kondor says nothing, untying the buckle of his sheath and letting his sword fall off his shoulder to the sand behind him.

That done he holds his hands out with an irked shrug and frown as if asking if the newcomer was happy now.

 

10/21/2021 9:51 pm  #4699


Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

OOC: Hate to throw this in there but I will be out of pocket for the next 3to 4 days.



  • "You know my work. One more step and I'll set to work on you, you fucking swollen pig." The Blade Itself
 

10/22/2021 5:18 pm  #4700


Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

Crawdad wrote:

OOC: Hate to throw this in there but I will be out of pocket for the next 3to 4 days.

OOC:  Out of pocket?  Like broke, or away from the game? If you're going to be gone for several days, Kondor is therefore stuck in this position until your return. GM doesn't move for absent players, respecting player agency (which is a respect for consent, which is good). That means, however, that we'll be a bit stuck until you're back.

Also:  Welcome @Crawdad !!!  Good to have a new player. 

 

Board footera





“HYPERBOREA” is a registered trademark of North Wind Adventures, LLC. “Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea,” “AS&SH,” and all other North Wind Adventures product names and their respective logos are trademarks of North Wind Adventures, LLC in the USA and other countries. ©2021 North Wind Adventures, LLC.