LOGOmasthead2021

Being the Official Discussion Forum for Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea


Visit us at the HYPERBOREA web site! Also check out HYPERBOREA 3E now available for pre-order!


You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

9/19/2021 6:25 pm  #4641


Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

Gundrabu confounds the lizard by actually running closer to the beast! allowing him to slip into the cover of the trees along the stream's east end!

Votin climbs the ridge clawing his way up over the dead carcasses of the electrified beastmen.

Kondor makes it nearly the edge of the ridge but has to stop short as Tillak suddenly springs to life on his shoulder and drops to his feet!

Watching all this movement - The lizard turns its crocodilian head in the direction of (rolling...)  Votin! And drops to all its clawed feet, and runs in his direction!

[End of Round 2. You know the drill!]

 

Last edited by Iron Ranger (9/19/2021 6:25 pm)


 
 

9/19/2021 7:08 pm  #4642


Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

Kondor, freed of the weight of the Warlock, keeps going.  "Don't stop - Dragon!"

Initiative: d6:  5!

 Kondor goes around the side of the ridge to get some cover, then will climb back up to hide in the trees at the top. He's hoping the Dragon will be going after the beast men, and they'll be able to rest and regain HP - he's feeling his injuries, the bruising and such from their ordeal, and admits he's in no shape to fight a dragon head on. 

ooc: I'm doing something all day tomorrow.

 

9/19/2021 8:00 pm  #4643


Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

D6- 3!

Gundrabu finds cover -- some trees, at least -- to put between himself and the giant lizard on (I think) the opposite bank now. He laments not having a ranged weapon that he could use to help Kondor. Anyway, he glances about for a long, fallen branch -- one, ideally, that has sharp, stout branches at the end -- to use as a spear to keep the great lizard at bay if it comes his way.


“Our own age is not one which can afford to call its ancestors savage.” 
― Poul AndersonThe Broken Sword
 

9/20/2021 10:39 am  #4644


Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

[ooc: sorry, it has been a horrible week]

[1d6]=3

Votin puts on a burst of barbarian speed also, hoping to gain the ridge and once over look for cover.

 

9/22/2021 12:27 pm  #4645


Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

bald_headed_yeti wrote:

[ooc: sorry, it has been a horrible week]

Been there. Do what you can, when you can. It's a marathon, not a sprint. 

 

9/22/2021 5:22 pm  #4646


Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

1d6: 1! (Balls! https://cdn.boardhost.com/emoticons/confused.png
)



  • “Moonglum licked his long lips. 'So it’s sorcery again. In truth, Elric, this whole country is beginning to stink of wizardry and the minions of hell.' Elric murmured for his friend’s ears: 'No hell-beings these—but honest elementals, equally powerful in many ways.'"
 

9/22/2021 5:35 pm  #4647


Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

SullyB74 wrote:

1d6: 1! (Balls! https://cdn.boardhost.com/emoticons/confused.png
)

And speaking of balls. Kondor snatched Tillak before he got all his  clothes out of the canoes!!!


 
     Thread Starter
 

9/22/2021 6:38 pm  #4648


Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

Iron Ranger wrote:

SullyB74 wrote:

1d6: 1! (Balls! https://cdn.boardhost.com/emoticons/confused.png
)

And speaking of balls. Kondor snatched Tillak before he got all his clothes out of the canoes!!!

Was going to ask but I DIDN'T WANT TO KNOW!!!  

 

9/22/2021 8:17 pm  #4649


Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

fireinthedust wrote:

Iron Ranger wrote:

SullyB74 wrote:

1d6: 1! (Balls! https://cdn.boardhost.com/emoticons/confused.png
)

And speaking of balls. Kondor snatched Tillak before he got all his clothes out of the canoes!!!

Was going to ask but I DIDN'T WANT TO KNOW!!!  

LOL! KONDOR +100 XP for looking the other way!


 
     Thread Starter
 

9/23/2021 5:42 pm  #4650


Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

Flipping and flopping, everywhere!! https://cdn.boardhost.com/emoticons/embarrassed.png
 



  • “Moonglum licked his long lips. 'So it’s sorcery again. In truth, Elric, this whole country is beginning to stink of wizardry and the minions of hell.' Elric murmured for his friend’s ears: 'No hell-beings these—but honest elementals, equally powerful in many ways.'"
 

9/25/2021 8:53 am  #4651


Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

Iron Ranger wrote:

LOL! KONDOR +100 XP for looking the other way!

As much as was possible. Sadly.

 

9/25/2021 8:07 pm  #4652


Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

The lizard bounds across the wide beach toward the ridge, easily closing the large gap between it and the ridge. Votin can almost feel the snapping of its wide jaws on the nape of his neck.

Kondor screams at the groggy naked warlock to move his ass but his confusion makes him slow to act! He leaves quickly rounding the ridge into the safety of the trees beyond.

Gundrabu hides among the trees next to the stream, after watching the lizard run away toward the ridge, he's confident enough to scour the bank for this nice heavy branch!

Votin huffs up the north ridge, but the armor is too much for him. The savages disappear over the crest leaving him alone with the lizard on his heels! [Votin roll d12]

Tillak watches Kondor continue west and disappear around the ridge edge. The lizard is across the beach chasing the new barbarian up the hill.


[end of round]


 
     Thread Starter
 

9/25/2021 11:28 pm  #4653


Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

[1d12]=8

[ooc: I have a bad feeling about this...]

 

9/26/2021 8:27 am  #4654


Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

bald_headed_yeti wrote:

[1d12]=8

[ooc: I have a bad feeling about this...]

Votin steps on something hard in the loose dirt which nearly twists his ankle. He did not see it coming. Could have been a buried rock or perhaps something dropped by the beastmen.

The lizard is extremely close. And so is the ridge crest.


 
     Thread Starter
 

9/28/2021 8:49 am  #4655


Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

[ooc: new round or can votin act?]

 

9/28/2021 9:02 am  #4656


Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

bald_headed_yeti wrote:

[ooc: new round or can votin act?]

Votin can act. this is phase 2.


 
     Thread Starter
 

9/28/2021 9:27 am  #4657


Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

Votin seems to feel the dragon's breath down his neck as he struggles to make it up the hill...

A vision of his Uncle Bartak appears before him and runs along side.

"Running away from a fight eh? The tribal elders would be so proud...maybe you need a new totem spirit...like a chicken!"

Whether are not Bartak is a spirit or Votin's own conscience, Votion pivots around with axe and shield raised...then charges the beast yelling a war cry as loud as he can.

[1d6]=5 Initiative
[1d20+1]=6+1=7 Attack
[1d8+2]=2+2=4 Damage

[ooc: meanwhile, I'll just casually roll up another PC...just in case.

 

9/28/2021 9:38 am  #4658


Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

bald_headed_yeti wrote:

Votin seems to feel the dragon's breath down his neck as he struggles to make it up the hill...

A vision of his Uncle Bartak appears before him and runs along side.

"Running away from a fight eh? The tribal elders would be so proud...maybe you need a new totem spirit...like a chicken!"

Whether are not Bartak is a spirit or Votin's own conscience, Votion pivots around with axe and shield raised...then charges the beast yelling a war cry as loud as he can.

[1d6]=5 Initiative
[1d20+1]=6+1=7 Attack
[1d8+2]=2+2=4 Damage

[ooc: meanwhile, I'll just casually roll up another PC...just in case.

[Understood, but hold the charge and the rolling for next round.]

The lizard halts at the warrior's futile bravery. Then rears on its rear legs, raising a dozen arms of razored claws in the air to show Votin his fate!

[end of round.]


 
     Thread Starter
 

9/28/2021 9:55 pm  #4659


Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

Kondor starts to climb the ridge, and find a spot to hide in the brush at the top. If he can spot Gundrabu and Tillak, he will - but his primary concern is the whatever the Dragon is up to. 

Kondor can feel his body's exhaustion, the bludgeoning and burns from the beast men, and is none too pleased that he can't dive into battle immediately - but he watches the dragon now, looking for weaknesses and planning how to fight it later.

 

9/28/2021 10:07 pm  #4660


Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

Gundrabu retreats into the shrubbery with his long stick. He begins to sharpen one end with his +1 Dagger.


“Our own age is not one which can afford to call its ancestors savage.” 
― Poul AndersonThe Broken Sword
 

Board footera





“HYPERBOREA” is a registered trademark of North Wind Adventures, LLC. “Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea,” “AS&SH,” and all other North Wind Adventures product names and their respective logos are trademarks of North Wind Adventures, LLC in the USA and other countries. ©2021 North Wind Adventures, LLC.