LOGOmasthead2021

Being the Official Discussion Forum for Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea


Visit us at the HYPERBOREA web site! Also check out our new HYPERBOREA 3E Kickstarter!





You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

9/13/2021 7:06 pm  #4621


Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

Gundrabu chases after  Kondor and his cousin.

[End of round 1.  State intentions, etc...]


 
 

9/14/2021 2:00 am  #4622


Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

While the dragon is frying up some beastmen, Kondor takes off with Tillak, veering left and around the opposite hillside. The barbarian is thankful for his mighty thews, and his apex-of-human-potential physical strength, helping him not only move faster than most humans but also drag Tillak along for the ride!

initiative d6: 5!

 

9/14/2021 3:27 pm  #4623


Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

Gundrabu, now fully geared, runs away from the lightning-breathing monster and into/over the tree-lined north ridge.

D6- 6!


“Our own age is not one which can afford to call its ancestors savage.” 
― Poul AndersonThe Broken Sword
 

9/14/2021 3:30 pm  #4624


Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

Eirvit wrote:

Gundrabu, now fully geared, runs away from the lightning-breathing monster and into/over the tree-lined north ridge.

D6- 6!

Gundrabu is on the south side of the stream, running west (away from lizard) along the beach. The lizard is on the east end of the north beach, lightninging the beastmen running up the north ridge followed by the new barbarian.


 
     Thread Starter
 

9/14/2021 3:39 pm  #4625


Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

By the Kraken this is confusing! I was working from the map, but everyone has moved around on it now.

Okay, Gundrabu will redirect his run south, away from the beach and the river. His aim is to disappear into cover and maybe someday get some rest and a meal and memorize some spells.


“Our own age is not one which can afford to call its ancestors savage.” 
― Poul AndersonThe Broken Sword
 

9/14/2021 3:40 pm  #4626


Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

Eirvit wrote:

By the Kraken this is confusing! I was working from the map, but everyone has moved around on it now.

Okay, Gundrabu will redirect his run south, away from the beach and the river. His aim is to disappear into cover and maybe someday get some rest and a meal and memorize some spells.

ha! let me try to update the map.


 
     Thread Starter
 

9/14/2021 4:01 pm  #4627


Re: The Scorched Sanctuary


 
     Thread Starter
 

9/14/2021 4:10 pm  #4628


Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

Haha! Everyone’s running around willy nilly!

Gundrabu heads east, seeking cover.


“Our own age is not one which can afford to call its ancestors savage.” 
― Poul AndersonThe Broken Sword
 

9/14/2021 4:45 pm  #4629


Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

Eirvit wrote:

Haha! Everyone’s running around willy nilly!

Gundrabu heads east, seeking cover.

Straight east is down the beach with stream. map is twisted.


 
     Thread Starter
 

9/14/2021 5:05 pm  #4630


Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

😂

Well, okay, I run to trees/ridge, whatever is away from the monster and beastmen, seeking some sort of cover, a tree bole to put my back to.


“Our own age is not one which can afford to call its ancestors savage.” 
― Poul AndersonThe Broken Sword
 

9/14/2021 5:08 pm  #4631


Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

Gotcha, bit of a steep incline up the south ridge, but probably manageable. Trees are at the top. Good luck!


 
     Thread Starter
 

9/14/2021 8:41 pm  #4632


Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

As soon as possible, since the lizard is heading after the beast men, Kondor will zip up the hillside with Tillak - a 90* angle away from the lizard's path.

 

9/14/2021 9:25 pm  #4633


Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

fireinthedust wrote:

As soon as possible, since the lizard is heading after the beast men, Kondor will zip up the hillside with Tillak - a 90* angle away from the lizard's path.

I already have a Kondor intention for this round - to run west to the end of the south ridge incline treeline. Are you changing path midstream for phase 2?


 
     Thread Starter
 

9/15/2021 11:01 am  #4634


Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

Iron Ranger wrote:

fireinthedust wrote:

As soon as possible, since the lizard is heading after the beast men, Kondor will zip up the hillside with Tillak - a 90* angle away from the lizard's path.

I already have a Kondor intention for this round - to run west to the end of the south ridge incline treeline. Are you changing path midstream for phase 2?

Nah, Powering through with barbarian speed and strength. The dragon's got people closer, and Kondor could zip around the edge of the hill to get cover by next round.

 

9/15/2021 11:08 am  #4635


Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

fireinthedust wrote:

Iron Ranger wrote:

fireinthedust wrote:

As soon as possible, since the lizard is heading after the beast men, Kondor will zip up the hillside with Tillak - a 90* angle away from the lizard's path.

I already have a Kondor intention for this round - to run west to the end of the south ridge incline treeline. Are you changing path midstream for phase 2?

Nah, Powering through with barbarian speed and strength. The dragon's got people closer, and Kondor could zip around the edge of the hill to get cover by next round.

LOL! Let me compute the distance and Kondor's armored MV with a limp companion slung over his shoulder!


 
     Thread Starter
 

9/16/2021 3:15 pm  #4636


Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

Iron Ranger wrote:

fireinthedust wrote:

Iron Ranger wrote:


I already have a Kondor intention for this round - to run west to the end of the south ridge incline treeline. Are you changing path midstream for phase 2?

Nah, Powering through with barbarian speed and strength. The dragon's got people closer, and Kondor could zip around the edge of the hill to get cover by next round.

LOL! Let me compute the distance and Kondor's armored MV with a limp companion slung over his shoulder!

Just ONE companion?! Pfft, only with his low hit point total. Otherwise, he's one of the strongest humans in Hyperborea.*

*by 3d6 rolling, an 18 is the top 0.46% of humans. Less than 1% of the population sample. And he's above 3rd level. That amount includes all the smarter people out there, too, but he's in that sample.

 

9/16/2021 3:39 pm  #4637


Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

fireinthedust wrote:

Iron Ranger wrote:

fireinthedust wrote:


Nah, Powering through with barbarian speed and strength. The dragon's got people closer, and Kondor could zip around the edge of the hill to get cover by next round.

LOL! Let me compute the distance and Kondor's armored MV with a limp companion slung over his shoulder!

Just ONE companion?! Pfft, only with his low hit point total. Otherwise, he's one of the strongest humans in Hyperborea.*

*by 3d6 rolling, an 18 is the top 0.46% of humans. Less than 1% of the population sample. And he's above 3rd level. That amount includes all the smarter people out there, too, but he's in that sample.

I think we all can agree that Kondor is an Astonishing Swordsman!

 


 
     Thread Starter
 

9/16/2021 6:32 pm  #4638


Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

[Just need intentions and initiatives for round 2 from Tillak and Votin...]


 
     Thread Starter
 

9/19/2021 11:23 am  #4639


Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

 1d6: 2!

Tillak, having been a stupor, follows his cousin and his barbarian friend. 



  • “Moonglum licked his long lips. 'So it’s sorcery again. In truth, Elric, this whole country is beginning to stink of wizardry and the minions of hell.' Elric murmured for his friend’s ears: 'No hell-beings these—but honest elementals, equally powerful in many ways.'"
 

9/19/2021 11:30 am  #4640


Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

Tillak regains his senses and finds himself slung over Kondor's shoulder!

Last edited by Iron Ranger (9/19/2021 3:39 pm)


 
     Thread Starter
 

Board footera





“HYPERBOREA” is a registered trademark of North Wind Adventures, LLC. “Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea,” “AS&SH,” and all other North Wind Adventures product names and their respective logos are trademarks of North Wind Adventures, LLC in the USA and other countries. ©2021 North Wind Adventures, LLC.