!!insidediv!!

Being the Official Discussion Forum for HYPERBOREA®, a role-playing game of swords, sorcery, and weird science-fantasy

Visit us at the HYPERBOREA web site!

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

8/15/2021 4:57 pm  #4521

Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

fireinthedust wrote:

Iron Ranger wrote:

Kondor easily paddles his canoe to the far shore. The landing is a similar clearing and the nearest trees for cover are at the top of the  hillside. The clearing is empty. 

Kondor gets out of the canoe and drags it up the hillside. Once there he starts putting his armour and loincloth on.

"There's more going on here than we knew at first, and those beast men are busy with the unclothed ones. Let's get dressed and arm ourselves before whatever monster that's roaring from up ahead reaches us. Then... perhaps we'll get some answers - but I'm certainly in need of some vengeance upon those murderous, treacherous, cannibal beast men!" 

[kondor + 800XP]

8/15/2021 5:41 pm  #4522

ooc:  Thanks!   I do hope we can get to our new player soon. We're not going to help anyone if we die the second we get there. On the bright side, he's got a bunch of beast men surrounding him; so that's a bunch of meat shields!

8/16/2021 9:24 am  #4523

Gundrabu sighs.

“Khalk-xu coil your indifferent arms about us.”

Gundrabu likewise crunches his canoe on the shingle and begins to look for his own gear with which to clothe and arm himself.

“Our own age is not one which can afford to call its ancestors savage.” 
― Poul AndersonThe Broken Sword

8/16/2021 2:03 pm  #4524

ooc:  My sheet hasn't saved my xp!  Do you have the last total anywhere? I've been keeping track of everything else.

8/16/2021 2:22 pm  #4525

fireinthedust wrote:

ooc:  My sheet hasn't saved my xp!  Do you have the last total anywhere? I've been keeping track of everything else.

Yes I have everything. Will report back on Wednesday with new total.

8/16/2021 4:40 pm  #4526

Iron Ranger wrote:

fireinthedust wrote:

Awesome!  But as long as you've got it where you're at, it can wait - if you've got a bunch of "real life" going on.

8/17/2021 9:12 am  #4527

OOC: I'm back. 

• “Moonglum licked his long lips. 'So it’s sorcery again. In truth, Elric, this whole country is beginning to stink of wizardry and the minions of hell.' Elric murmured for his friend’s ears: 'No hell-beings these—but honest elementals, equally powerful in many ways.'"

8/18/2021 9:10 am  #4528

fireinthedust wrote:

Iron Ranger wrote:

fireinthedust wrote:

Awesome!  But as long as you've got it where you're at, it can wait - if you've got a bunch of "real life" going on.

Kondor  29161XP

8/18/2021 11:12 am  #4529

Iron Ranger wrote:

Kondor  29161XP

Updated!  Is that before or after the 800xp?  Either way: so close!!!

8/18/2021 11:39 am  #4530

fireinthedust wrote:

Iron Ranger wrote:

Kondor  29161XP

Updated!  Is that before or after the 800xp?  Either way: so close!!!

After and with the 10%.  But level 6 is a distant 48000

8/18/2021 6:57 pm  #4531

Eirvit wrote:

Gundrabu sighs.

Gundrabu likewise crunches his canoe on the shingle and begins to look for his own gear with which to clothe and arm himself.

Kondor and Gundrabu search through their canoes for their respective armors and important gear.
[Each roll d6]

8/18/2021 6:58 pm  #4532

SullyB74 wrote:

Tillak floats in his canoe looking desperately back and forth between the stranger and his beached companions.

8/18/2021 7:01 pm  #4533

bald_headed_yeti wrote:

Votin seems confused by the two different groups of beastmen, but in a moment of clarity remembers an old adage, "Enemy of my enemy is an ally"...well at least in this fight.

Initiative 1d6= 5!

Votin will fight alongside the beastmen against the other group until he can find out what's really going on.

Does he notice the group in the boat?

Votin's attention on the fleeing men is shattered by the sudden barking and bone on bone and skull as melee erupts.
The savage beastmen tighten the circle and hold out all but one lucky regal beast man. The intruder slips through and heads straight at Votin, a savage rage unmasked in his eyes!

8/18/2021 7:16 pm  #4534

Iron Ranger wrote:

Eirvit wrote:

Gundrabu sighs.

Kondor and Gundrabu search through their canoes for their respective armors and important gear.
[Each roll d6]

d6:  6!

8/18/2021 7:53 pm  #4535

fireinthedust wrote:

Iron Ranger wrote:

Eirvit wrote:

Gundrabu sighs.

[Each roll d6]

d6:  6!

Kondor finds all his armor pieces and his sword among the gear!

8/18/2021 7:55 pm  #4536

Iron Ranger wrote:

SullyB74 wrote:

Tillak floats in his canoe looking desperately back and forth between the stranger and his beached companions.

Tillak begins rowing towards his companions on the shore.  

• “Moonglum licked his long lips. 'So it’s sorcery again. In truth, Elric, this whole country is beginning to stink of wizardry and the minions of hell.' Elric murmured for his friend’s ears: 'No hell-beings these—but honest elementals, equally powerful in many ways.'"

8/19/2021 9:36 pm  #4537

Iron Ranger wrote:

[

Kondor puts on all his armour pieces and his sword in its scabbard.

Does he see his whip along with the belt for the scabbard?

Once dressed, Kondor watches the events with the beast men and the newcomer.

8/19/2021 9:37 pm  #4538

And he is in hiding, watching for the monster that seemed like it was going to be here any second.

8/19/2021 9:51 pm  #4539

fireinthedust wrote:

Iron Ranger wrote:

[

Kondor puts on all his armour pieces and his sword in its scabbard.

Does he see his whip along with the belt for the scabbard?

Once dressed, Kondor watches the events with the beast men and the newcomer.

Kondor did see the whip, but it is not among the items in the 2 canoes.

The stranger is lost among the distant blur of the beastmen battle.

There is nowhere to hide on the beach.

8/19/2021 9:53 pm  #4540

Tillak hits the beach!

Board footera

© 2009-2024 North Wind Adventures, LLC. “HYPERBOREA” is a registered trademark of North Wind Adventures, LLC. “Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea,” “AS&SH,” and all other North Wind Adventures product names and their respective logos are trademarks of North Wind Adventures, LLC in the USA and other countries. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.