!!insidediv!!

Being the Official Discussion Forum for HYPERBOREA®, a role-playing game of swords, sorcery, and weird science-fantasy

Visit us at the HYPERBOREA web site!

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

7/18/2021 10:25 pm  #4421

Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

fireinthedust wrote:

SullyB74 wrote:

OOC: Totally! Have you already lost a character in this campaign?

Heck yes! My much loved fire warlock, Emral. Another player wouldn't help him during combat, after combat, etc. So in desperation he tried a potion, hoping it was a healing potion. It was a phial of poison.

An unbelievably brutal PC death!
But his short journey in purgatory could have been very enlightening! Oh the clues that were presented there!

7/19/2021 8:59 am  #4422

Dex test. 1d6- 3!

“Our own age is not one which can afford to call its ancestors savage.” 
― Poul AndersonThe Broken Sword

7/19/2021 2:10 pm  #4423

Iron Ranger wrote:

fireinthedust wrote:

SullyB74 wrote:

Heck yes! My much loved fire warlock, Emral. Another player wouldn't help him during combat, after combat, etc. So in desperation he tried a potion, hoping it was a healing potion. It was a phial of poison.

An unbelievably brutal PC death!
But his short journey in purgatory could have been very enlightening! Oh the clues that were presented there!

Yes!  And because I'm determined to not meta-game (intentionally, at least) I have avoided thinking about those clues. Annoying, yes, but as far as I'm concerned it's a "different" campaign. 

But I'm glad to have two companions who are playing characters that will be actively helpful. Thus I am determined to keep Tillak and Gundrabu alive. Mutual assistance is the key to survival, it seems.

7/20/2021 5:01 am  #4424

fireinthedust wrote:

SullyB74 wrote:

OOC: OK, that's a big bunch of bullsh*t. There are alignments and whatnot, and maybe even "role playing reasons" for not helping a fellow player, but that just irks me. Why wouldn't they help you? :/

• “Moonglum licked his long lips. 'So it’s sorcery again. In truth, Elric, this whole country is beginning to stink of wizardry and the minions of hell.' Elric murmured for his friend’s ears: 'No hell-beings these—but honest elementals, equally powerful in many ways.'"

7/20/2021 9:05 pm  #4425

SullyB74 wrote:

fireinthedust wrote:

SullyB74 wrote:

OOC: OK, that's a big bunch of bullsh*t. There are alignments and whatnot, and maybe even "role playing reasons" for not helping a fellow player, but that just irks me. Why wouldn't they help you? :/

NO CLUE!!!  It's like they were trying throughout the game to not be helpful - but if you don't want to be involved, why keep posting on a pbp game?!

7/20/2021 11:07 pm  #4426

fireinthedust wrote:

SullyB74 wrote:

fireinthedust wrote:

NO CLUE!!!  It's like they were trying throughout the game to not be helpful - but if you don't want to be involved, why keep posting on a pbp game?!

OOC: I have no clue, man. You won't have to worry about that with me, but right now I can't help anyone. #knockedthefuckout

• “Moonglum licked his long lips. 'So it’s sorcery again. In truth, Elric, this whole country is beginning to stink of wizardry and the minions of hell.' Elric murmured for his friend’s ears: 'No hell-beings these—but honest elementals, equally powerful in many ways.'"

7/21/2021 7:53 am  #4427

Eirvit wrote:

Dex test. 1d6- 3!

Leaving the crystal weapon behind, the cleric scrambles away from the safety of the canoes.
He keeps crouched as low as he can away from the deadly clubs and crawls up next to the warlock.
As he arrives, Kondor hoists the fallen warrior over his shoulder and with a look of disappointment at an unravelling plan, takes off running toward the canoes!

Last edited by Iron Ranger (7/21/2021 7:55 am)

7/21/2021 7:58 am  #4428

fireinthedust wrote:

Okay great!

Kondor steps backward over Tillak, away from the fight, and then picks up Tillak and puts him over his shoulder.

Then he's going to zigzag around the fights to Gundrabu, where he's going to drop the warlock at the cleric's feet, and hope that his Jackalope's paw will be within sight.

Ideally, Gundrabu will get the canoes ready while Kondor covers them. If his sword is right there, he'll be able to fight better than with the spit, so he's going to grab it first if the Jackalope's paw is hidden.

The warlock is much lighter than he looks and the barbarian tosses him over his shoulder as a sack of potatoes, but suddenly sees the cleric crawling at his feet and not back at readying the canoes as he'd hoped.

He runs.

7/21/2021 8:00 am  #4429

Gundrabu is stunned at a sudden thud beside him. And he is face to face with the smashed face of a beastman.

[End of round.]
[Intentions. intiatives. etc etc]

7/21/2021 10:15 am  #4430

OOC: Should I roll or am I just along for the ride?  

7/21/2021 6:40 pm  #4431

As soon as Gundrabu recovers from his shock, he scurries on all fours, backwards to the canoes.

Init. D6- 3!

“Our own age is not one which can afford to call its ancestors savage.” 
― Poul AndersonThe Broken Sword

7/21/2021 6:59 pm  #4432

SullyB74 wrote:

OOC: Should I roll or am I just along for the ride?  

You always roll!
Lebowski had a helluva ride in Gutterballz!

7/21/2021 7:04 pm  #4433

Tillak Initiative: 1d6: 4!

7/21/2021 7:05 pm  #4434

SullyB74 wrote:

See, 4 beats a 3. All hell might break loose

7/21/2021 11:45 pm  #4435

Iron Ranger wrote:

SullyB74 wrote:

See, 4 beats a 3. All hell might break loose

OOC: Thanks for letting me play in this campaign. I'm having so much fun. 

7/22/2021 8:17 am  #4436

Awesome, thanks for playing!

7/24/2021 1:40 pm  #4437

Kondor initiative:  3!

The barbarian gets over to the boats as soon as he can, bringing Tillak with him.  If the beastmen are attacking, he will then grab his sword and deposit Tillak so the cleric and he can get things started.

ooc: sorry for the delay!

7/24/2021 6:55 pm  #4438

Savage Beastmen 4
Refined Beastmen 1

Tillak's eyes flutter for a moment and he sees an empty beach. He's being carried out of the surf. In the distance, a lone figure stares out over a marshland.

Savage beastman looks down at Gundrabu, then back up at the refined beastman he battles. "No, he live!" he swings his club! 6! and the refined beast ducks just in time. "Give in, my brother!" he retorts. "And you will be rewarded beyond your wildest dreams!" as he opens his velvet coat and withdraws a crystal weapon which as he grips, internal filaments begin an orange glow!

7/24/2021 6:56 pm  #4439

Int. 3 - Gundrabu scurries away. [Roll d12]

7/24/2021 6:57 pm  #4440

Int. 3 - Kondor arrives at the canoes with Tillak. The beasts battle themselves, ignoring him for now.

Board footera

© 2009-2024 North Wind Adventures, LLC. “HYPERBOREA” is a registered trademark of North Wind Adventures, LLC. “Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea,” “AS&SH,” and all other North Wind Adventures product names and their respective logos are trademarks of North Wind Adventures, LLC in the USA and other countries. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.