!!insidediv!!

Being the Official Discussion Forum for HYPERBOREA®, a role-playing game of swords, sorcery, and weird science-fantasy

Visit us at the HYPERBOREA web site!

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

3/19/2020 10:29 pm  #1

What Is Star Metal?

This material gets referenced on the Jewellery Table but is not defined in the main text. What is it, please?

3/20/2020 6:30 am  #2

Re: What Is Star Metal?

It's meteoritic iron, p. 452 of the 2e book.

"It is all very well to point out that the man lacks facility; as he asserts, sheer force can overpower sophistication."
Jack Vance, Rhialto the Marvellous

3/20/2020 9:00 am  #3

Thanks, Rhialto! It's a big book. Things get missed.

3/20/2020 1:54 pm  #4

Indeed: I cheated by searching the PDF for the page citation (though I remembered "meteoritic iron").

"It is all very well to point out that the man lacks facility; as he asserts, sheer force can overpower sophistication."
Jack Vance, Rhialto the Marvellous

3/20/2020 3:04 pm  #5

That's what we are here for!

“How can I wear the harness of toil
And sweat at the daily round,
While in my soul forever
The drums of Pictdom sound?” 

7/13/2021 10:08 am  #6

By Crom!!!

by Starmetal was Conan's Sword in the 90's animation. It "killed" Snake-Men and send them on an other plane.

This game has so many sword and sorcery references and i'm still finding them 4 years later.

-Gladiator, What is best in life?
-The inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents,  terrifying vistas of reality,  the peace and safety of a new Dark Age.
-Yee... wait... what ... WHAT?

Board footera

© 2009-2024 North Wind Adventures, LLC. “HYPERBOREA” is a registered trademark of North Wind Adventures, LLC. “Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea,” “AS&SH,” and all other North Wind Adventures product names and their respective logos are trademarks of North Wind Adventures, LLC in the USA and other countries. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.