!!insidediv!!

Being the Official Discussion Forum for HYPERBOREA®, a role-playing game of swords, sorcery, and weird science-fantasy

Visit us at the HYPERBOREA web site!

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

6/29/2021 6:49 am  #4321

Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

d100: 15%!

• “Moonglum licked his long lips. 'So it’s sorcery again. In truth, Elric, this whole country is beginning to stink of wizardry and the minions of hell.' Elric murmured for his friend’s ears: 'No hell-beings these—but honest elementals, equally powerful in many ways.'"

6/29/2021 9:32 am  #4322

Tillak's heart pounds as his naked flesh begins to scorch from the licking flames, and he strains against the twine enveloping him until ...POP! One of the thick vines snaps!
Hope floods the warlock's mind and the sounds of warbarks and deathwails surrounding him becomes clearer and nearer!

6/30/2021 1:35 pm  #4323

Kondor takes the slight success as a second chance to snap the ropes. He digs deep, focuses on how much stronger he is than mere rope, and strains against the bonds once more...

d100: 17!

6/30/2021 6:27 pm  #4324

Hanging out in his magical Darkness, Gundrabu starts whipping his body back and forth, trying [in vain, I am certain] to upset his spit and hopefully tumble beyond the fire (if one is indeed lit under him at this time; I don't recall if the beastmen had succeeded yet).

Test of Strength: d6 - 2! (nope)
Feat of Strength: d100 - 75! (nope)

Having failed, he continues his prayers to Khalk-xu to send someone or something to save him!

Last edited by Eirvit (6/30/2021 6:27 pm)

“Our own age is not one which can afford to call its ancestors savage.” 
― Poul AndersonThe Broken Sword

6/30/2021 6:52 pm  #4325

fireinthedust wrote:

Kondor takes the slight success as a second chance to snap the ropes. He digs deep, focuses on how much stronger he is than mere rope, and strains against the bonds once more...

Kondor feels a giant SNAP as the twine holding his torso to the spit explode open! The sudden freefall lands him in the tinder below, only his feet remained tied above.
A deep dark hue lay before his eyes, but he can make out the flames, and he can easily smell the smoke of the burning embers underneath the Warlock, who is tied up on the other side of the Cleric, up to know unseen.
From his new vantage, he can see the dressed beastmen trying to defend themselves against a new band of crude beastmen who appear to be gaining an upperhand. 

6/30/2021 6:53 pm  #4326

Eirvit wrote:

Hanging out in his magical Darkness, Gundrabu starts whipping his body back and forth, trying [in vain, I am certain] to upset his spit and hopefully tumble beyond the fire (if one is indeed lit under him at this time; I don't recall if the beastmen had succeeded yet).

Test of Strength: d6 - 2! (nope)
Feat of Strength: d100 - 75! (nope)

Having failed, he continues his prayers to Khalk-xu to send someone or something to save him!

The cleric see the Barbarian's bonds break and the brute fall to the ground in front of him.

6/30/2021 7:51 pm  #4327

Iron Ranger wrote:

fireinthedust wrote:

Kondor feels a giant SNAP as the twine holding his torso to the spit explode open! The sudden freefall lands him in the tinder below, only his feet remained tied above.
A deep dark hue lay before his eyes, but he can make out the flames, and he can easily smell the smoke of the burning embers underneath the Warlock, who is tied up on the other side of the Cleric, up to know unseen.
From his new vantage, he can see the dressed beastmen trying to defend themselves against a new band of crude beastmen who appear to be gaining an upperhand. 

Kondor is going to push up, lifting the pole his legs are tied to up and off to the side, so he can pull the pole out and loosen the ropes enough he can just step out of them.

6/30/2021 8:05 pm  #4328

"Kondor! To me! Help me with these bindings?"

[Can he truly see me? Did my Darkness spell work? That's still unclear to me. I know that the use of magic seemed to have an unforeseen effect in this location.]

“Our own age is not one which can afford to call its ancestors savage.” 
― Poul AndersonThe Broken Sword

6/30/2021 9:40 pm  #4329

Tillak pulls his hands free and begins to work at the bonds on his ankles.
"Brother," he calls to Gundrabu in Esquimaux, "I'm coming!"

• “Moonglum licked his long lips. 'So it’s sorcery again. In truth, Elric, this whole country is beginning to stink of wizardry and the minions of hell.' Elric murmured for his friend’s ears: 'No hell-beings these—but honest elementals, equally powerful in many ways.'"

7/01/2021 8:48 am  #4330

fireinthedust wrote:

Iron Ranger wrote:

fireinthedust wrote:

Kondor is going to push up, lifting the pole his legs are tied to up and off to the side, so he can pull the pole out and loosen the ropes enough he can just step out of them.

Kondor manages this, and now sits naked on the rapidly igniting tinder under the spits.

7/01/2021 8:53 am  #4331

Eirvit wrote:

"Kondor! To me! Help me with these bindings?"

[Can he truly see me? Did my Darkness spell work? That's still unclear to me. I know that the use of magic seemed to have an unforeseen effect in this location.]

[Both Kondor and Tilllak were inside the 15' area with the Cleric when the spell went off. Both made their saves against darkness, so I'm assuming they have the same diark view as the Cleric. Gundrabu did hear cries from beastmen as The Kraken turned out the lights, so he assumes that his unsuspecting captors' sight was damaged.]

7/01/2021 8:55 am  #4332

SullyB74 wrote:

Tillak pulls his hands free and begins to work at the bonds on his ankles.
"Brother," he calls to Gundrabu in Esquimaux, "I'm coming!"

The flames singe Tillak's naked hide.
[Tillak -1HP]

7/01/2021 4:38 pm  #4333

Tillak screams. 

"Argh! My biscuits are burning!" 

He continues to try and free himself. 

7/01/2021 6:23 pm  #4334

SullyB74 wrote:

Tillak screams. 

"Argh! My biscuits are burning!" 

He continues to try and free himself. 

[Tillak roll a DEX test.]

7/01/2021 9:17 pm  #4335

100%: 23% Tillak fails!😅

7/01/2021 9:44 pm  #4336

SullyB74 wrote:

100%: 23% Tillak fails!😅

Oh my Kraken! The warlock twists and turns as the flames leap! He always thought he was tough in his earlier encounters with fire but he is quickly realizing that it was his armor that was tough and not his raw rump!
[Tillak -2HP] [now 4 of 9] !!!

7/01/2021 9:54 pm  #4337

Kondor pulls the spit out of the ropes, then steps out fo the ones on his ankles. He rolls away from the lit tinder and stands up. As soon as possible, he moves to get Gundrabu off the spit, and help Tillak a moment after.

ooc: is that possible? Based on your description, I am thinking that pulling the spit away will loosen the ropes; then he can wriggle out easily, and do what he can for the others next.

If not, of course, let me know.

7/01/2021 10:11 pm  #4338

fireinthedust wrote:

Kondor pulls the spit out of the ropes, then steps out fo the ones on his ankles. He rolls away from the lit tinder and stands up. As soon as possible, he moves to get Gundrabu off the spit, and help Tillak a moment after.

ooc: is that possible? Based on your description, I am thinking that pulling the spit away will loosen the ropes; then he can wriggle out easily, and do what he can for the others next.

If not, of course, let me know.

Kondor can make his move to total freedom this round.
Next turn free Gundrabu.
3rd turn help Tillak.
Unless other things intervene of course. [Loud GM Cackling!]

7/02/2021 3:10 pm  #4339

ooc: Kondor will do so.

7/02/2021 3:16 pm  #4340

fireinthedust wrote:

ooc: Kondor will do so.

Now Totally free of his bonds, Kondor shields his stripped skin from the exploding tinder as he prepares to rescue the CLeric!
There are 2 beastmen battling each other with clubs not 3 feet away from the barbarian and their swings are long and wild!

Board footera

© 2009-2024 North Wind Adventures, LLC. “HYPERBOREA” is a registered trademark of North Wind Adventures, LLC. “Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea,” “AS&SH,” and all other North Wind Adventures product names and their respective logos are trademarks of North Wind Adventures, LLC in the USA and other countries. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.