!!insidediv!!

Being the Official Discussion Forum for HYPERBOREA®, a role-playing game of swords, sorcery, and weird science-fantasy

Visit us at the HYPERBOREA web site!

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

6/15/2021 8:18 pm  #4301

Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

Feat of Str:  d100: 95!  Dang, I was SO close to the 37 on my d100. Drat.

6/15/2021 8:27 pm  #4302

fireinthedust wrote:

The binds are just too tight, like wire than twine!

One of the screaming beastmen gets close to Gundrabu, but - wailing  about his eyes  - drops his torch. The tinders beneath Tillak begin to ignite.

Kondor hears metal weapons leave sheaths behind him.

plus...
[Tillak roll save vs sorcery.] 

Last edited by Iron Ranger (6/15/2021 8:32 pm)

6/16/2021 5:35 am  #4303

Save vs. Srocery: 1d20 +2: 20! 

• “Moonglum licked his long lips. 'So it’s sorcery again. In truth, Elric, this whole country is beginning to stink of wizardry and the minions of hell.' Elric murmured for his friend’s ears: 'No hell-beings these—but honest elementals, equally powerful in many ways.'"

6/16/2021 7:46 am  #4304

SullyB74 wrote:

Save vs. Srocery: 1d20 +2: 20! 

Tillak retains his sight! Behind him the loud snap and crackle of FIRE!

6/16/2021 9:27 pm  #4305

Iron Ranger wrote:

fireinthedust wrote:

One of the screaming beastmen gets close to Gundrabu, but - wailing  about his eyes  - drops his torch. The tinders beneath Tillak begin to ignite.

If Kondor can't snap the ropes, he's going to heave up on the pole the ropes are tied to - bouncing off the posts holding him above the kindling!

ooc: strength check?

6/16/2021 10:24 pm  #4306

fireinthedust wrote:

Iron Ranger wrote:

fireinthedust wrote:

If Kondor can't snap the ropes, he's going to heave up on the pole the ropes are tied to - bouncing off the posts holding him above the kindling!

ooc: strength check?

Kondor can give it a try.

6/17/2021 12:55 pm  #4307

Strength d6: 5!  But as I'm 18Str that's a success

6/18/2021 6:20 am  #4308

OOC: Can I attempt to break my bonds? (I assume that I'm tied as well.)

• “Moonglum licked his long lips. 'So it’s sorcery again. In truth, Elric, this whole country is beginning to stink of wizardry and the minions of hell.' Elric murmured for his friend’s ears: 'No hell-beings these—but honest elementals, equally powerful in many ways.'"

6/18/2021 5:16 pm  #4309

SullyB74 wrote:

OOC: Can I attempt to break my bonds? (I assume that I'm tied as well.)

Sully struggles and finds he is tied to a spit just as tightly as Gundrabu before him.
The smell of burning wood immediately fills his nostrils, and the crackle of nearby fire floods his ears!

[Tillak can try to break his bonds. EXT FEAT OF STR]

6/18/2021 5:17 pm  #4310

fireinthedust wrote:

Strength d6: 5!  But as I'm 18Str that's a success

Kondor's sinews strain beneath the mummifying twines and he feels the slightest stretch...but not instant freedom.

Last edited by Iron Ranger (6/18/2021 5:34 pm)

6/19/2021 5:09 pm  #4311

Gundrabu hears struggling and the twisting of ropes behind him!!

6/19/2021 8:57 pm  #4312

Gundrabu cries out, but not so loudly (he hopes) that everyone about can hear. “Who is that at my bonds? Are ye friend or foe to me?”

“Our own age is not one which can afford to call its ancestors savage.” 
― Poul AndersonThe Broken Sword

6/19/2021 9:03 pm  #4313

Eirvit wrote:

Gundrabu cries out, but not so loudly (he hopes) that everyone about can hear. “Who is that at my bonds? Are ye friend or foe to me?”

There is no answer or loosening of his binds, but the clatter of sticks and stones begins to erupt as does the flames beneath the 3 hapless adventurers!

6/20/2021 8:20 am  #4314

Begging the Kraken, Gundrabu makes a go at shaking his body side to side, attempting to upset the spit, even if it means falling into the flames.

Test of Strengthening: D6 - 5

Extraordinary Test of Strength: D100 - 70

Nope.

“Our own age is not one which can afford to call its ancestors savage.” 
― Poul AndersonThe Broken Sword

6/21/2021 3:34 pm  #4315

Stray rocks begin to rain down from the ridge line behind Kondor. Beastmen begin to move around as chaos erupts!

Flames lick in the space between you.

6/26/2021 8:39 am  #4316

War-barks of rage echo through the air as a force of savage beastmen break over the ridge, raining stones, clubs, and bones, down on the svelt beastmen who have captured the adventurers!

Wails of bloody carnage erupt as the melee clashes all around the helpless wayfarers!

6/26/2021 11:45 am  #4317

Tillak attempts to look over his shoulder to the commotion behind him. Is he able to see what's happening behind him? 

6/26/2021 12:10 pm  #4318

SullyB74 wrote:

Tillak attempts to look over his shoulder to the commotion behind him. Is he able to see what's happening behind him? 

Tillak twists his neck and from the corner of his eye he can see lush wooded mountains  in the distance, a stream about 30 yards away, a dozen dressed beastmen running away toward the stream. and flames flickering on tinder ignited just underneath him!!!

6/28/2021 4:08 am  #4319

OOC: I forgot what I'm supposed to roll for a strength feat. Am I able to make another attempt to break my bonds? 

6/28/2021 9:25 am  #4320

SullyB74 wrote:

OOC: I forgot what I'm supposed to roll for a strength feat. Am I able to make another attempt to break my bonds? 

[d%.  Tillak can struggle as much as he chooses, though I add fatigue and/or desperation bonuses as necessary.]

Board footera

© 2009-2024 North Wind Adventures, LLC. “HYPERBOREA” is a registered trademark of North Wind Adventures, LLC. “Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea,” “AS&SH,” and all other North Wind Adventures product names and their respective logos are trademarks of North Wind Adventures, LLC in the USA and other countries. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.