!!insidediv!!

Being the Official Discussion Forum for HYPERBOREA®, a role-playing game of swords, sorcery, and weird science-fantasy

Visit us at the HYPERBOREA web site!

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

6/01/2021 4:22 pm  #1

Hyqueous Vaults conversion

I'm planting the map hook from The Hyqueous Vaults (lulu and drivethrurpg) in a dungeon my group is in.

I'm slightly stuck on how to convert the ogre mage into Hyperborea.

The troll is a slight stretch but that's ok. The elf fighter/mu will just get made into an equivalent atlantean warlock.

The goblins will just be humans.

Any thoughts?

What? Me worry?

6/01/2021 8:03 pm  #2

Re: Hyqueous Vaults conversion

Just pull one in from OSR, Monsters translate over pretty easily. Shouldn't be hard to scale to the party. Else I'd work one making a crossbreed Mountain Ape/Ape-Man (size with the mountain Ape, but intelligent, maybe even broken common...

From the PFD20SRD (Pathfinder)

The OSR D20SRD

Note, PFD20SRD only has Ogre Mage as part of the Oni listings (Japanese Demon). but I'm sure you can use one of the regular Ogre classes and add some intelligence and spell-using abilities.

Last edited by BlackKnight (6/01/2021 8:15 pm)

-- 
BlackKnight, AKA Sausage
Older than Dirt, Crusty, and set in my ways. Been playing TTRPGs for over 45 years...

6/02/2021 5:32 am  #3

A type of demon, or demon possessed mountain ape.

"Role-playing isn't storytelling. If the dungeon master is directing it, it's not a game."  ~ Gary Gygax

6/02/2021 8:48 am  #4

ooh, I like the idea of a demon possessed mountain ape.

What? Me worry?

7/04/2021 3:24 pm  #5

Jimm.Iblis wrote:

A type of demon, or demon possessed mountain ape.

What a great idea!!!

7/05/2021 12:44 pm  #6

gizmomathboy wrote:

I'm planting the map hook from The Hyqueous Vaults (lulu and drivethrurpg) in a dungeon my group is in.

I'm slightly stuck on how to convert the ogre mage into Hyperborea.

The troll is a slight stretch but that's ok. The elf fighter/mu will just get made into an equivalent atlantean warlock.

The goblins will just be humans.

Any thoughts?

Any updates on how this adventure worked out in your Hyperborea campaign?

7/05/2021 7:36 pm  #7

Nothing yet.

I dropped the map and key in some treasure but they are off doing other things at the moment.

What? Me worry?

Board footera

© 2009-2024 North Wind Adventures, LLC. “HYPERBOREA” is a registered trademark of North Wind Adventures, LLC. “Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea,” “AS&SH,” and all other North Wind Adventures product names and their respective logos are trademarks of North Wind Adventures, LLC in the USA and other countries. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.