!!insidediv!!

Being the Official Discussion Forum for HYPERBOREA®, a role-playing game of swords, sorcery, and weird science-fantasy

Visit us at the HYPERBOREA web site!

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

4/25/2021 11:04 am  #4201

Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

Eirvit wrote:

From the other side of the poop, Gundrabu motions with his luminous dagger.

“Come, Kondor. Do you want your own lighted dagger or not?”

"Hold, cleric," Kondor warns. "This is recent. It's human, someone civilized. Five minutes old. We may have company. Civilized company, out here in the wilds! Something strange is going on."

Kondor, his warning given, continues.

4/25/2021 11:18 pm  #4202

Tillak whips his head around, scanning the darkness.

"There is something foul, afoot!"

OOC: Could that new information give clue as to the cause of our current aged state?

• “Moonglum licked his long lips. 'So it’s sorcery again. In truth, Elric, this whole country is beginning to stink of wizardry and the minions of hell.' Elric murmured for his friend’s ears: 'No hell-beings these—but honest elementals, equally powerful in many ways.'"

4/27/2021 10:49 am  #4203

SullyB74 wrote:

OOC: Could that new information give clue as to the cause of our current aged state?

ooc: I mean, maybe - but the GM's not going to give us the answers. I'm guessing we're about to meet some NPCs, or discover we were transported to the future, maybe a new campaign setting - hopefully we get a makeover and wardrobe change, so we can imagine ourselves in cool outfits instead of poo-covered rags like this past year.  Come to think of it, we spent a year in a cesspool followed by losing years of time - and in the real world my marriage ended and Covid happened.  I'm pretty sure Grant Morrison discussed a character he modelled after himself, whose fortunes plummeting in the fiction matched the same happening in his real life, so instead he started treating that guy to amazing good fortune in the fiction, and then good things happened to him in real life.
I'm suggesting we could use some good luck, and that might help our real life selves do better.

4/27/2021 4:15 pm  #4204

oodm: yeah I mean, I'm just the ref. You guys tell me what you do and I tell you what happens. Not that I haven't been tempted to hoot the whistle and move the train along, especially in those many many many  times the characters are just standing there looking at the answer to the universe clear as a bell in front of them. ;)   but honestly i've gotten very used to the long game format and as long as you guys don't get bored figuring out a puzzle, like a full year in the slab chamber, or 6 months back and forth from the chapel to the hanging Picts...I'm all good. (although I will admit that many unknowns were left behind in all 3 of those locations.;) )

Sorry to hear about you marriage E, and of course covid...hopefully this silly game gave you some tiny bit of escape from the real world problems. I know it did for me.

I really appreciate you guys sticking with this for what ?  almost 3 years now... and hopefully you guys are game for 3 more.

4/28/2021 5:33 pm  #4205

Soooo, I think what has happened here is that Kondor is alarmed by the poop, but not enough to actually stop Gundrabu from continuing to lead him to the daggers at the bottom of the well.

So Gundrabu continues that way, providing dim light, from the dagger he has, for his companion.

Tillak’s own dagger, if he still has it, illuminates the tail of the trio.

“Our own age is not one which can afford to call its ancestors savage.” 
― Poul AndersonThe Broken Sword

4/28/2021 7:07 pm  #4206

Eirvit wrote:

Soooo, I think what has happened here is that Kondor is alarmed by the poop, but not enough to actually stop Gundrabu from continuing to lead him to the daggers at the bottom of the well.

So Gundrabu continues that way, providing dim light, from the dagger he has, for his companion.

Tillak’s own dagger, if he still has it, illuminates the tail of the trio.

It's possible that Kondor follows Gundrabu past the dung. But, Tillak's dagger was lost in the waters when he jumped in armorclad. Regardless, it is noted that Gundrabu grumps along.

4/28/2021 9:34 pm  #4207

Iron Ranger wrote:

oodm: yeah I mean, I'm just the ref. You guys tell me what you do and I tell you what happens. Not that I haven't been tempted to hoot the whistle and move the train along, especially in those many many many  times the characters are just standing there looking at the answer to the universe clear as a bell in front of them. ;)   but honestly i've gotten very used to the long game format and as long as you guys don't get bored figuring out a puzzle, like a full year in the slab chamber, or 6 months back and forth from the chapel to the hanging Picts...I'm all good. (although I will admit that many unknowns were left behind in all 3 of those locations.;) )

Sorry to hear about you marriage E, and of course covid...hopefully this silly game gave you some tiny bit of escape from the real world problems. I know it did for me.

I really appreciate you guys sticking with this for what ?  almost 3 years now... and hopefully you guys are game for 3 more.

I fully intend on returning to the Scorched sanctuary to get into that room!  There was a reason we stopped, like we couldn't get into it; and then we followed the sled & Tetranna, iirc, for some reason, like the Beast Men were attacking us and we wanted to stop them from doing that. So the situation we're in right now, to my mind, is still technically a detour from that as the main quest for this character.
No complaints, btw. My suggestion is more metaphysical. Like, what if we ended up in Castle Anthrax for a while, and they had tailors, shoemakers, and craftspersons - who are good at their jobs - and so we get freshened up a bit. THEN the GM can have us whisked off to adventure, just with a fresh set of underwear.

4/29/2021 1:30 am  #4208

OOC: Sorry to hear about your rotten year, fireinthedust.

IIC: Tillak thinks of his lost dagger and curses his clumsiness. Then he thinks of the turds. 
"Who relieves themselves like that, in the middle of a passageway?" Tillak whispers to his companions. "Even in the wilderness, where there is nary a privy to be found, one never just leaves their scat on the ground, in the open. It marks your location to others. You bury it or pitch under brush. This person is either exposing themselves to us out of cunning or foolishness. You said that the scat had clues of city food. Kondor. Perhaps that is the reason for their lack of guile?"    

• “Moonglum licked his long lips. 'So it’s sorcery again. In truth, Elric, this whole country is beginning to stink of wizardry and the minions of hell.' Elric murmured for his friend’s ears: 'No hell-beings these—but honest elementals, equally powerful in many ways.'"

5/01/2021 9:03 pm  #4209

Gundrabu continues marching down the corridor, leaving his companions chatting in the total darkness.

Gundrabu rounds the bend and sees the dim glow of dagger light ahead yonder 300 yards.

Last edited by Iron Ranger (5/01/2021 9:04 pm)

5/02/2021 10:54 am  #4210

Gundrabu will wait at the bend, providing light for his companions to follow when they want to join up.

5/02/2021 5:43 pm  #4211

Tillak, seeing that Gundrabu is moving ahead of them, hurries to catch up. He scans the dark, futilely, searching for the producer of the poop. 

5/02/2021 5:59 pm  #4212

SullyB74 wrote:

Tillak, seeing that Gundrabu is moving ahead of them, hurries to catch up. He scans the dark, futilely, searching for the producer of the poop. 

Tiillak roll d6.

5/02/2021 5:59 pm  #4213

Eirvit wrote:

Gundrabu will wait at the bend, providing light for his companions to follow when they want to join up.

Gundrabu roll d100.

5/03/2021 8:56 am  #4214

1d100- 83!

5/03/2021 7:36 pm  #4215

Kondor keeps up with Gundrabu and Tillak.

5/03/2021 7:45 pm  #4216

fireinthedust wrote:

Confirmed. Roll d6

5/03/2021 11:32 pm  #4217

1d6: 4!

5/04/2021 4:08 pm  #4218

Iron Ranger wrote:

fireinthedust wrote:

Confirmed. Roll d6

d6: 5!

5/04/2021 6:15 pm  #4219

Gundrabu notices a slight movement overhead as the others approach - a jiggle of a rope along the corridor's ceiling.

Jus before a large net falls over the three long haired adventurers!

5/05/2021 8:42 am  #4220

Gundrabu promptly begins to try to whittle away at the knots in the net with his glowing dagger.

Board footera

© 2009-2024 North Wind Adventures, LLC. “HYPERBOREA” is a registered trademark of North Wind Adventures, LLC. “Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea,” “AS&SH,” and all other North Wind Adventures product names and their respective logos are trademarks of North Wind Adventures, LLC in the USA and other countries. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.