!!insidediv!!

Being the Official Discussion Forum for HYPERBOREA®, a role-playing game of swords, sorcery, and weird science-fantasy

Visit us at the HYPERBOREA web site!

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

4/07/2021 4:17 am  #4121

Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

Iron Ranger wrote:

LOW...rolling...2! almost perfect.

Tillak hears a whistling sound behind him just as Gundrabu jumps into the water.

Tillak spins around. "Wha...?"

• “Moonglum licked his long lips. 'So it’s sorcery again. In truth, Elric, this whole country is beginning to stink of wizardry and the minions of hell.' Elric murmured for his friend’s ears: 'No hell-beings these—but honest elementals, equally powerful in many ways.'"

4/07/2021 10:26 am  #4122

SullyB74 wrote:

Iron Ranger wrote:

LOW...rolling...2! almost perfect.

Tillak hears a whistling sound behind him just as Gundrabu jumps into the water.

Tillak spins around. "Wha...?"

Tillak peers into darkness, thrusting his new lighted dagger forward, but sees nothing in the corridor.

4/07/2021 10:27 am  #4123

Until the slack rope suddenly jerks against his grip, reminding him of his current chore!

[Tillak extraordinary STR feat roll please]

4/07/2021 4:18 pm  #4124

Kondor swims as fast as he can towards Gundrabu - knowing that his strength will be needed to pull them both back up along the rope.

4/07/2021 4:25 pm  #4125

The barbarian pulls as hard as he can against the onslaught, and Gundrabu is approaching fast, more  carried on the current to Kondor than Kondor actually getting anywhere...

4/07/2021 6:29 pm  #4126

Tillak follows Gundrabu and Kondor. 

• “Moonglum licked his long lips. 'So it’s sorcery again. In truth, Elric, this whole country is beginning to stink of wizardry and the minions of hell.' Elric murmured for his friend’s ears: 'No hell-beings these—but honest elementals, equally powerful in many ways.'"

4/07/2021 6:33 pm  #4127

[Wha......? ]

Leaving Kondor's armor and gear on the edge, Tillak decides that if Gundrabu can jump in fully armored, than he can too! and jumps into the raging stream, quickly realizing that in order to keep his head above the water and not drown, he will definitely need to drop both his new lighted dagger and the rope!!!

[Tillak roll extraordinary feat of STR for starters!]

4/07/2021 9:02 pm  #4128

Iron Ranger wrote:

[Wha......? ]

Leaving Kondor's armor and gear on the edge, Tillak decides that if Gundrabu can jump in fully armored, than he can too! and jumps into the raging stream, quickly realizing that in order to keep his head above the water and not drown, he will definitely need to drop both his new lighted dagger and the rope!!!

Uh... guess we'll all need these in a second (slides over several d6s)

4/07/2021 9:04 pm  #4129

fireinthedust wrote:

Iron Ranger wrote:

[Wha......? ]

HAHAHAHA! Was fishing out some blank sheets myself.....

4/07/2021 9:09 pm  #4130

Gundrabu collides into Kondor and they flail in the water for a moment sucking further and further into darkness before.....SLAM. They are suddenly stoped by a large grate blocking the tunnel....the force of the water holding both firmly against the bars!

[Gundrabu roll DEX TEST]

4/08/2021 9:29 am  #4131

Iron Ranger wrote:

fireinthedust wrote:

Iron Ranger wrote:

[Wha......? ]

HAHAHAHA! Was fishing out some blank sheets myself.....

Does making you laugh earn me enough XP that I go up in level, gain hit points immediately, and thereby survive this encounter? Yes? No?

4/08/2021 10:09 am  #4132

Iron Ranger wrote:

Gundrabu collides into Kondor and they flail in the water for a moment sucking further and further into darkness before.....SLAM. They are suddenly stoped by a large grate blocking the tunnel....the force of the water holding both firmly against the bars!

[Gundrabu roll DEX TEST]

3!

And FYI, it totally makes sense if Gundrabu didn’t have time, and it’s more realistic if we go with that, but...

I mentioned that Gundrabu “stripped” (without checking, I think that’s the word I chose) before tying the rope around his waist and diving in.

“Our own age is not one which can afford to call its ancestors savage.” 
― Poul AndersonThe Broken Sword

4/08/2021 12:21 pm  #4133

Eirvit wrote:

Iron Ranger wrote:

[Gundrabu roll DEX TEST]

3!

And FYI, it totally makes sense if Gundrabu didn’t have time, and it’s more realistic if we go with that, but...

I mentioned that Gundrabu “stripped” (without checking, I think that’s the word I chose) before tying the rope around his waist and diving in.

YOu said SHEDS. Correction stands Gundrabu +100 XP for DM humiliation!

4/08/2021 12:22 pm  #4134

Armorless bonus to roll results in Gundrabu holding the dagger and  able to get a grip on tone of the bars to keep head above water line in spite of the massive force of pressure.

4/09/2021 5:39 am  #4135

OOC: Extraordinary STR test: 19%!

4/09/2021 5:46 am  #4136

OOC: I thought I had already posted that! 

Tillak looks down at Gundrabu and Kondor. 

"Bothers!" 

4/09/2021 8:43 am  #4137

SullyB74 wrote:

OOC: I thought I had already posted that! 

Tillak looks down at Gundrabu and Kondor. 

"Bothers!" 

[I am confused by Tillak's actions. I thought he jumped in the water in order to follow Gundrabu and Kondor after he heard the strange whistling behind him. Is this not correct? ]

4/09/2021 11:35 am  #4138

SullyB74 wrote:

Tillak follows Gundrabu and Kondor. 

Sully, we’re trying to make sense of this action in the context of ongoing events.

“Our own age is not one which can afford to call its ancestors savage.” 
― Poul AndersonThe Broken Sword

4/09/2021 8:46 pm  #4139

[That's right sorry.]

Tillak begins swimming towards his companions.

4/10/2021 8:58 am  #4140

SullyB74 wrote:

[That's right sorry.]

Tillak begins swimming towards his companions.

Tillak struggles to swim but his armor restricts his movements. The rush of water is strong enough to carry him along but also holds him under.  As panic sets in, the esquimaux's lungs begin to ache for air.

Last edited by Iron Ranger (4/10/2021 8:59 am)

Board footera

© 2009-2024 North Wind Adventures, LLC. “HYPERBOREA” is a registered trademark of North Wind Adventures, LLC. “Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea,” “AS&SH,” and all other North Wind Adventures product names and their respective logos are trademarks of North Wind Adventures, LLC in the USA and other countries. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.