!!insidediv!!

Being the Official Discussion Forum for HYPERBOREA®, a role-playing game of swords, sorcery, and weird science-fantasy

Visit us at the HYPERBOREA web site!

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

4/04/2021 7:38 am  #4101

Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

8!

“Our own age is not one which can afford to call its ancestors savage.” 
― Poul AndersonThe Broken Sword

4/04/2021 8:24 am  #4102

Eirvit wrote:

8!

By calling instead of rolling, I mean you call High or Low against the roll, then I will get a proximity range.

4/04/2021 1:10 pm  #4103

High!

4/04/2021 1:45 pm  #4104

Eirvit wrote:

High!

So, High....[rolling]....5. 

4/04/2021 8:15 pm  #4105

OOC: Calling 6.

• “Moonglum licked his long lips. 'So it’s sorcery again. In truth, Elric, this whole country is beginning to stink of wizardry and the minions of hell.' Elric murmured for his friend’s ears: 'No hell-beings these—but honest elementals, equally powerful in many ways.'"

4/05/2021 9:58 am  #4106

Ha ha! As Ranger explained to me, you’re supposed to call High or Low, not an actual number. 😀

4/05/2021 12:38 pm  #4107

Eirvit wrote:

Ha ha! As Ranger explained to me, you’re supposed to call High or Low, not an actual number. 😀

That's right, you call High or Low, and I roll, Gundrabu has HIGH 5.

4/05/2021 3:16 pm  #4108

Extraordinary Strength:  87!  Hah, that's high so it's good, right? Right?!

ooc:  sigh.

3d6: 9
3d6: 7
3d6: 8... ugh.

4/06/2021 9:34 am  #4109

fireinthedust wrote:

Extraordinary Strength:  87!  Hah, that's high so it's good, right? Right?!

ooc:  sigh.

3d6: 9
3d6: 7
3d6: 8... ugh.

Kondor's feet are immediately pulled out from under him by the strong undertow and he disappears underneath the surface of the rushing waters.

4/06/2021 10:32 am  #4110

“Rope! Rope! Who has the rope? We should have tied him to us from the beginning. Oh, why does everyone just do what I say without question!”

Gundrabu has the sinking feeling that Kondor was the last to be carrying the rope, that he may be drowning right now with what Gundrabu requires to try to save him, for Gundrabu will not dive after without some means for Tillak to drag them both out.

4/06/2021 10:43 am  #4111

Gundrabu quickly spies all of Kondor's armor and gear on the floor where he shed it before entering the raging unground river.

4/06/2021 11:25 am  #4112

He sheds his own pack and clothes, then scrambles through Kondor’s gear, searching for the rope.

If he finds it, he hurriedly ties one end around his waist, glancing occasionally at the water, hoping to see Kondor surface, or otherwise seeking sign of the barbarian’s presence.

If all this occurs without complication, and if nothing more transpires or interferes, Gundrabu shouts:

“Tillak! Hold the rope! I’m diving after him. If you see us floundering—or if I otherwise appear to be drowning—fish us out!”

Last edited by Eirvit (4/06/2021 11:26 am)

4/06/2021 12:36 pm  #4113

ooc:  How cold is the water for Kondor? Can he attempt to swim to the surface?

4/06/2021 3:20 pm  #4114

Eirvit wrote:

He sheds his own pack and clothes, then scrambles through Kondor’s gear, searching for the rope.

If he finds it, he hurriedly ties one end around his waist, glancing occasionally at the water, hoping to see Kondor surface, or otherwise seeking sign of the barbarian’s presence.

If all this occurs without complication, and if nothing more transpires or interferes, Gundrabu shouts:

“Tillak! Hold the rope! I’m diving after him. If you see us floundering—or if I otherwise appear to be drowning—fish us out!”

"Thankfully Kondor had the foresight to untie the rope and pack it backk up before climbing down into this new hell," thinks Gundrabu as he wraps the thin twine securely around his waist!

4/06/2021 3:21 pm  #4115

fireinthedust wrote:

ooc:  How cold is the water for Kondor? Can he attempt to swim to the surface?

The water is extremely cold, initially paralyzing the beast of the barbarian steppes, but eventually he kicks upward for AIR!!

4/06/2021 3:22 pm  #4116

[Still need the revised CALLED d12 from Tillak]

4/06/2021 3:54 pm  #4117

Eirvit wrote:

Bloody hell. Guess I'm low. 😅

• “Moonglum licked his long lips. 'So it’s sorcery again. In truth, Elric, this whole country is beginning to stink of wizardry and the minions of hell.' Elric murmured for his friend’s ears: 'No hell-beings these—but honest elementals, equally powerful in many ways.'"

4/06/2021 3:57 pm  #4118

LOW...rolling...2! almost perfect.

Tillak hears a whistling sound behind him just as Gundrabu jumps into the water.

4/06/2021 7:49 pm  #4119

Kondor fights to get his limbs to move, to break the surface and breathe.

How far has he travelled?

4/06/2021 7:56 pm  #4120

A giant gulp of air and Kondor spins around in time to see Gundrabu and his tiny dagger light jump into the water maybe 25 ft upstream!

Board footera

© 2009-2024 North Wind Adventures, LLC. “HYPERBOREA” is a registered trademark of North Wind Adventures, LLC. “Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea,” “AS&SH,” and all other North Wind Adventures product names and their respective logos are trademarks of North Wind Adventures, LLC in the USA and other countries. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.