!!insidediv!!

Being the Official Discussion Forum for HYPERBOREA®, a role-playing game of swords, sorcery, and weird science-fantasy

Visit us at the HYPERBOREA web site!

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

3/18/2021 3:35 pm  #561

Re: Introduction Thread

Welcome aboard, and thank you for the kind words. I hope your crew and you enjoy many games to come. Cheers! 

HYPERBOREA- A Role-Playing Game of Swords, Sorcery, and Weird Science-Fantasy

3/18/2021 4:15 pm  #562

Welcome Shankspeare....

-- 
BlackKnight, AKA Sausage
Older than Dirt, Crusty, and set in my ways. Been playing TTRPGs for over 45 years...

3/18/2021 7:16 pm  #563

Welcome, this is a friendly and creative place, redolent of old-style pulp gaming goodness.

"It is all very well to point out that the man lacks facility; as he asserts, sheer force can overpower sophistication."
Jack Vance, Rhialto the Marvellous

3/18/2021 8:23 pm  #564

Welcome to the boards, Shankspeare!

3/19/2021 9:27 am  #565

Welcome and enjoy!!

"No interruptions! I am El Jefe!"
[url=www.unseenservant.us]Unseen Servant[/url] for all your PbP needs.

3/30/2021 6:24 am  #566

Hello,
my name is Jay.
I'm new to AS&SH. I went and snagged the Humble Bundle and then went and purchased all the other other North Wind stuff on Drivethu that wasn't in the bundle..

I've been playing RPGs since 1977 on and off. Was playing wargames a year or 2 before.  I also do 3d art work and have way too many mapping programs that I play with.

I have been impressed with the North Wind products and got to run Rats in the Walls over the weekend for some friends.  The North Wind modules have an old Conan comic book vibe to them that most of my older players I'm sure are going to love when I get around to running the others.

Anyway looking forward to getting any new stuff North Wind releases.

3/30/2021 6:30 am  #567

Welcome!

Blackadder23: Insanely long villain soliloquy, then "Your action?"
BORGO'S PLAYER: I shoot him in the face

3/30/2021 7:10 am  #568

Welcome, nice Mi-gos..., amigo...

3/30/2021 9:17 am  #569

Jay_NOLA wrote:

Hello,
my name is Jay.
I'm new to AS&SH. I went and snagged the Humble Bundle and then went and purchased all the other other North Wind stuff on Drivethu that wasn't in the bundle..

I've been playing RPGs since 1977 on and off. Was playing wargames a year or 2 before.  I also do 3d art work and have way too many mapping programs that I play with.

I have been impressed with the North Wind products and got to run Rats in the Walls over the weekend for some friends.  The North Wind modules have an old Conan comic book vibe to them that most of my older players I'm sure are going to love when I get around to running the others.

Anyway looking forward to getting any new stuff North Wind releases.

Welcome aboard!

3/30/2021 11:33 am  #570

Welcome to the forum!

Michael Sipe 1979-2018
Rest in peace, brother.

3/31/2021 6:55 am  #571

Welcome to the forum! We're a convivial and creative lot around here.

"It is all very well to point out that the man lacks facility; as he asserts, sheer force can overpower sophistication."

7/23/2021 9:21 am  #572

Recently started playing ASSH and backed the 3E KS, really like the the rules and I'm running a solo game elsewhere but have expanded to include a map of Greyhawk..

Thanks!

Last edited by bald_headed_yeti (7/23/2021 9:22 am)

7/23/2021 10:20 am  #573

bald_headed_yeti wrote:

Recently started playing ASSH and backed the 3E KS, really like the the rules and I'm running a solo game elsewhere but have expanded to include a map of Greyhawk..

Thanks!

Welcome aboard! I feel like a bald-headed yeti myself. I've lost all my hair on my head, and I think it slipped down to my back. TMI? 

7/23/2021 10:22 am  #574

Ghul wrote:

bald_headed_yeti wrote:

Thanks!

Welcome aboard! I feel like a bald-headed yeti myself. I've lost all my hair on my head, and I think it slipped down to my back. TMI? 

At least you've still got just the two arms.

"Could you fancy me as a pirate bold?  Or a longship Viking warrior with the old gods on his side?  Well, I'm an inshore man and I'm nobody's hero.  But I'll make you tight for a windy night and a dark ride."--Jethro Tull

7/23/2021 10:24 am  #575

Spider of Leng wrote:

Ghul wrote:

bald_headed_yeti wrote:

Thanks!

At least you've still got just the two arms.

LOL

7/23/2021 10:41 am  #576

Got it from my old job, 6 foot 2 inches , 265 lbs then and bald.

I was in EMS then, very under appreciated job.

7/23/2021 10:48 am  #577

bald_headed_yeti wrote:

Got it from my old job, 6 foot 2 inches , 265 lbs then and bald.

I was in EMS then, very under appreciated job.

That's excellent. Thanks for sharing! LOL

9/05/2021 9:50 am  #578

Howdy folks,
I bought my first Dragon Magazine #64 and Moldvay/Cook Basic D&D Basic Box Set 
in the Fall of 1982. Unfortunately I couldn't find friends to game with 
until High School. We ended up playing AD&D (because someone said it was Advanced...)
and Twilight 2000 and a bit of Top Secret. Then after High School my gamer 
friends went into the Military or off to University and I had a long break with 
no table top gaming as Family/Computers/Work etc took up my time. Then around 
2004 I found that you could buy old D&D PDFs from this Internet site called 
"Drive Thru RPG" So I tried to get my kids to play the old games, 
that was only partially successful, but it reignited my interest in gaming.

Finally around summer to 2012 I found a stable game group and we have been playing and running
D&D 3.5, Pathfinder, Call of Cthulhu 6e and 7e, Savage Worlds, Vampire the Masquerade 5e, 
Classic Cortex and just enough FATE to know that it isn't for us.

Now fast forward to 2021 and I could wait no longer I heard the call of 
"Hyperborea 3e" Kickstarter too late to join in, but I did pre-order 
And now here I am, and glad of it.

Last edited by mkotschi (9/07/2021 8:07 am)

9/05/2021 11:01 am  #579

Welcome to the fray!  Great group of people here and the creator himself maintains a very active presence on these boards, which is pretty cool.

"Could you fancy me as a pirate bold?  Or a longship Viking warrior with the old gods on his side?  Well, I'm an inshore man and I'm nobody's hero.  But I'll make you tight for a windy night and a dark ride."--Jethro Tull

9/06/2021 4:00 pm  #580

Welcome! We're a convivial lot here, freewheeling with S&S cut-and-thrust.

Board footera

© 2009-2024 North Wind Adventures, LLC. “HYPERBOREA” is a registered trademark of North Wind Adventures, LLC. “Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea,” “AS&SH,” and all other North Wind Adventures product names and their respective logos are trademarks of North Wind Adventures, LLC in the USA and other countries. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.