!!insidediv!!

Being the Official Discussion Forum for HYPERBOREA®, a role-playing game of swords, sorcery, and weird science-fantasy

Visit us at the HYPERBOREA web site!

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

3/13/2021 7:12 pm  #4041

Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

OOC: Well, I rolled a 5 this time. 😅

That gives me a whopping 9 HP. 😁

(I might be in trouble.)

• “Moonglum licked his long lips. 'So it’s sorcery again. In truth, Elric, this whole country is beginning to stink of wizardry and the minions of hell.' Elric murmured for his friend’s ears: 'No hell-beings these—but honest elementals, equally powerful in many ways.'"

3/15/2021 2:13 pm  #4042

Ability scores:  Kondor will take the 18 Strength, because it's what he uses most. Might as well do a better job slaying than I've been doing, math-wise at least.

Character sheet: I'm going to look for a fillable character sheet I can update on a PDF, like I have for a DCC game I'm in. I've been reliant upon the GM, and while it's best to have my work checked, I'd like to at least appear like I'm doing the work, lol.

3/15/2021 2:15 pm  #4043

fireinthedust wrote:

Ability scores:  Kondor will take the 18 Strength, because it's what he uses most. Might as well do a better job slaying than I've been doing, math-wise at least.

Character sheet: I'm going to look for a fillable character sheet I can update on a PDF, like I have for a DCC game I'm in. I've been reliant upon the GM, and while it's best to have my work checked, I'd like to at least appear like I'm doing the work, lol.

I think there’s one on the website somewhere , it’s 2e but it’ll do in a pinch I guess

3/15/2021 2:44 pm  #4044

Iron Ranger wrote:

fireinthedust wrote:

I think there’s one on the website somewhere , it’s 2e but it’ll do in a pinch I guess

Found it!  And filled it out based on the sheet You'd sent, plus iirc he's gone up a level to 5th?
Attaching it here, if the site will let me...

3/15/2021 3:42 pm  #4045

fireinthedust wrote:

Iron Ranger wrote:

fireinthedust wrote:

Found it!  And filled it out based on the sheet You'd sent, plus iirc he's gone up a level to 5th?
Attaching it here, if the site will let me...

Here i'll send my copy updated.
hang on

3/15/2021 3:52 pm  #4046

3/15/2021 3:53 pm  #4047

3/15/2021 3:54 pm  #4048

3/15/2021 3:56 pm  #4049

Whoops missed a couple fields.
Kondor's WEAPON COMBAT  "to hit' modifier should be +3 and "damage" = d8(2d6)+4 for Bastard Sword
and +2 to hit and d6+3 damage with the hand axe.

3/16/2021 10:18 am  #4050

Gundrabu continues a slow and careful descent into the depths of the well.

“Our own age is not one which can afford to call its ancestors savage.” 
― Poul AndersonThe Broken Sword

3/16/2021 12:56 pm  #4051

Armed with his faith in the Kraken, the Esquimeaux cleric steps deeper into the fount. After another 60 ft the drippings of wax finally run dry. Another 60 ft he guesses, and now sees that the pricks of soft white light emit from 4 daggers stabbed into the very stone walls near the bottom.

3/16/2021 1:16 pm  #4052

Are the daggers equidistant one from the other, of a level in the stone of what I imagine to be a cylindrical well? What does the bottom of the well look like? Is there an apparent surface, or is it full of water? If it’s a surface, can Gundrabu reach the daggers while standing on it? If he tries to descend to the bottom, does a dagger (or more) get in his way?

3/16/2021 7:30 pm  #4053

There is no water at the bottom, It looks like stone down there.
The daggers are equidistant from one other on a single plane.
The daggers look like they are likely planted 8 ft. above the bottom.
​The fount is nearly 15 diameter, there is plenty of room to descend between the lighted daggers.

3/16/2021 8:57 pm  #4054

Kondor will climb down, as soon as there's space for him.

3/16/2021 9:15 pm  #4055

fireinthedust wrote:

Kondor will climb down, as soon as there's space for him.

Noted, at current Gundrabu is almost 60 ft below, and Tillak is in your way .

3/17/2021 8:52 am  #4056

Gundrabu climbs all the way down to the floor, ignoring the daggers for now. He doesn’t want to do anything that will disrupt the light.

Once at the bottom, if nothing else happens, he awaits the others for conference.

3/17/2021 10:58 am  #4057

After completing his descent, Gundrabu waits at the bottom staring into the gape of four tunnels surrounding him and leading into darkness, each's opening set back underneath a lighted dagger. 

Last edited by Iron Ranger (3/17/2021 11:03 am)

3/17/2021 3:24 pm  #4058

Seeing that Kondor wishes to move, Tillak follows Gundrabu. If able to, he holds the war pick in his right hand. If not, he uses both hands to assist his descent.

• “Moonglum licked his long lips. 'So it’s sorcery again. In truth, Elric, this whole country is beginning to stink of wizardry and the minions of hell.' Elric murmured for his friend’s ears: 'No hell-beings these—but honest elementals, equally powerful in many ways.'"

3/17/2021 3:51 pm  #4059

Unfortunately, the stone steps jutting out are very narrow, and Tillak's current diminished constitution, lack of food, and water leaves him too woozy to not use both hands to balance against the wall.

3/17/2021 6:31 pm  #4060

Tillak girds himself and reaches out towards the wall as he begins his descent following his fellow Esquimaux into the pit below. 
"Ythaqqa's blood and bones! This pit wll be the death of us all." Tillak growls under his breath. 

Board footera

© 2009-2024 North Wind Adventures, LLC. “HYPERBOREA” is a registered trademark of North Wind Adventures, LLC. “Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea,” “AS&SH,” and all other North Wind Adventures product names and their respective logos are trademarks of North Wind Adventures, LLC in the USA and other countries. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.