!!insidediv!!

Being the Official Discussion Forum for HYPERBOREA®, a role-playing game of swords, sorcery, and weird science-fantasy

Visit us at the HYPERBOREA web site!

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

3/01/2021 7:18 pm  #3961

Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

Tillak looks at his companions. 

"We have been cursed by deviltry! Y'thaqa's bones!" 

OOC: Is our hair just longer, or is it grey as well?

• “Moonglum licked his long lips. 'So it’s sorcery again. In truth, Elric, this whole country is beginning to stink of wizardry and the minions of hell.' Elric murmured for his friend’s ears: 'No hell-beings these—but honest elementals, equally powerful in many ways.'"

3/01/2021 7:21 pm  #3962

Tillka looks at his companions with horror on his face. 

"We are cursed by deviltry! Y'thaqqa's bones!!"

OOC: Is our hair just longer, or is it grey now, as well? 

• “Moonglum licked his long lips. 'So it’s sorcery again. In truth, Elric, this whole country is beginning to stink of wizardry and the minions of hell.' Elric murmured for his friend’s ears: 'No hell-beings these—but honest elementals, equally powerful in many ways.'"

3/01/2021 7:40 pm  #3963

Tillak's and his friends' still dark hair and beards are now 4 feet long, Everyone's finger and toenails and coiled curled footlongers!

Last edited by Iron Ranger (3/01/2021 7:42 pm)

3/01/2021 7:45 pm  #3964

Gundrabu tries to snap off a long nail by bending it against the stone edge of the fount.

“Our own age is not one which can afford to call its ancestors savage.” 
― Poul AndersonThe Broken Sword

3/01/2021 8:11 pm  #3965

They are thick and gnarly things now, will definitely need a blade or saw.

3/02/2021 1:18 am  #3966

Tillak attempts to draw his dagger from its sheath and saw off his finger nails. 

Last edited by SullyB74 (3/02/2021 1:28 am)

3/02/2021 8:36 am  #3967

Gundrabu reaches out with his consciousness for the Kraken. It seems to him that he has “slept,” after a fashion. Has the Kraken therefore filled his rested mind with its full complement of blessings (i.e., spells)?

3/02/2021 8:52 am  #3968

Eirvit wrote:

Gundrabu reaches out with his consciousness for the Kraken. It seems to him that he has “slept,” after a fashion. Has the Kraken therefore filled his rested mind with its full complement of blessings (i.e., spells)?

Gundrabu can hear the faraway pounding of surf as listening to a shell. He knows it will take time to recall the Kraken.

3/02/2021 8:53 am  #3969

[Tillak make a Dex test.]

3/02/2021 11:38 am  #3970

Iron Ranger wrote:

Kondor recalls from his childhood years after a bully sheared his barbarian locks, his mother coddling him with assurances that his mane would regrow, half an inch a moon.

ooc: Whoa whoa whoa, are we talking the Hyperborean moon Phobos (a 7-day cycle) or Selene (a 45.5 day cycle)? Either one is different from the Earth moon's 28day cycle.

This would be a great time to plug in the setting's calendar: https://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/109228/Hyperborea-Annual-Calendar

If we do that, are we assuming that the game started at the assumed starting year of 576CAE, or before so that the current time jump starts us off at 576 (saving us time and paperwork, if we use the provided calendar from the PDF)?

3/02/2021 11:48 am  #3971

fireinthedust wrote:

Iron Ranger wrote:

Kondor recalls from his childhood years after a bully sheared his barbarian locks, his mother coddling him with assurances that his mane would regrow, half an inch a moon.

ooc: Whoa whoa whoa, are we talking the Hyperborean moon Phobos (a 7-day cycle) or Selene (a 45.5 day cycle)? Either one is different from the Earth moon's 28day cycle.

This would be a great time to plug in the setting's calendar: https://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/109228/Hyperborea-Annual-Calendar

If we do that, are we assuming that the game started at the assumed starting year of 576CAE, or before so that the current time jump starts us off at 576 (saving us time and paperwork, if we use the provided calendar from the PDF)?

What kind of crazy question is this, Kondor knows full well that his memories would reference twin totality.

3/02/2021 12:41 pm  #3972

See, if it's Phobos, then 4ft at 1/2inch per moon is (4x12=96"x2=) 192 weeks we've been asleep. At 13 months a year, 4 weeks a month (192/4=48 months/13) 3.692307692 years (approximately 3.7 years).

However, if it's 1/2inch per Selene moon rotation (45.5 days) that 45.5x192= 8736 days/364 (hyperborean calendar days) =24 years.

3/02/2021 12:42 pm  #3973

What's twin totality? (honest question, I'm blanking)

My brain is futzed right now, so I'm hopefully not off on the math.

3/02/2021 12:57 pm  #3974

Kondor recomputes. "Let's see, It grows 1/2 inch in 45.5 days, then that's 1 inch in 91 days. 91 days x 48 inches is 4368 days, and there's 364 days in a year, that's ... 12 years???"

3/02/2021 1:13 pm  #3975

fireinthedust wrote:

What's twin totality? (honest question, I'm blanking)

My brain is futzed right now, so I'm hopefully not off on the math.

Twin totality is when both Phobos and Selene are full (every 91 days) but Kondor is confused, those are when the festivals are held...

3/02/2021 2:24 pm  #3976

"Twelve years!!!" Kondor exclaims, then uses the palms of his hands to remove his sword from its sheath, before slicing off the nails as carefully as he can. Kondor growls while he works at the sword and his nails.
"Unless this is some illusion, or we were aged magically rather than immobilized for a decade, we've lost too much time. What in blazes happened? And, with our gear destroyed, how are we going to survive in this tundra without proper footgear?!"

3/02/2021 6:12 pm  #3977

OOC: Dex of 9, 2:6; 1d6: 2! 

3/02/2021 6:17 pm  #3978

Tillak listens to the concversation that Gundrabu and Knodor are having

"12 years??!!! Y'thaqqa's bones! We are truly cursed, brothers! We must escape this pit. At least we have each other's aid and companion ship."

He looks at Kondor. 

"We should find your crown and abscond from this place, quickly." Tillak glances at his war pick and scowls, dolefully. 

"This will not aid me if we encounter those beetles again, brothers."

3/02/2021 8:21 pm  #3979

“If you’re able to trim your nails, Kondor, please try me next. I don’t fancy trying to climb out of this hole with these claws on my hands and feet.”

3/03/2021 3:51 pm  #3980

Kondor will finish with his own nails before helping the others.

Board footera

© 2009-2024 North Wind Adventures, LLC. “HYPERBOREA” is a registered trademark of North Wind Adventures, LLC. “Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea,” “AS&SH,” and all other North Wind Adventures product names and their respective logos are trademarks of North Wind Adventures, LLC in the USA and other countries. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.