LOGOmasthead2021

Being the Official Discussion Forum for Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea


Visit us at the HYPERBOREA web site!



You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

2/20/2021 8:38 am  #3921


Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

The Kraken’s lucky number 8.


“Our own age is not one which can afford to call its ancestors savage.” 
― Poul AndersonThe Broken Sword
 

2/21/2021 8:55 am  #3922


Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

OOC; Tillak chooses 6. 



  • “Moonglum licked his long lips. 'So it’s sorcery again. In truth, Elric, this whole country is beginning to stink of wizardry and the minions of hell.' Elric murmured for his friend’s ears: 'No hell-beings these—but honest elementals, equally powerful in many ways.'"
 

2/21/2021 10:27 am  #3923


Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

Iron Ranger wrote:

SullyB74 wrote:

[Tillak will relinquish the use of his lantern to Gundrabu.]

Tillak tests the firmness of the wax with his foot. He looks at his companions.

"Ythaqqa's bones! I have never seen such a thing!"  

The wax holds the Giant Esquimeaux...

 

Ahead, Gundrabu stares down inside of the fount and Kondor remains on the slab behind you.


 
     Thread Starter
 

2/22/2021 9:55 pm  #3924


Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

Eirvit wrote:

The Kraken’s lucky number 8.

Extremely wise to choose his fave!


 
     Thread Starter
 

2/23/2021 8:48 am  #3925


Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

Iron Ranger wrote:

Eirvit wrote:

The Kraken’s lucky number 8.

Extremely wise to choose his fave!

🐙


“Our own age is not one which can afford to call its ancestors savage.” 
― Poul AndersonThe Broken Sword
 

2/24/2021 10:10 am  #3926


Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

Sitrep:

Kondor watching Tillak look at Gundrabu peer into fount.....


 
     Thread Starter
 

2/24/2021 10:13 am  #3927


Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

ooc: sorry, been swamped, distracted.

Kondor chooses 6 (bc that's what I rolled).
He is aware of zoning out - likely exhaustion - but a surge of adrenaline and he tries to remain watchful.

 

2/24/2021 10:19 am  #3928


Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

fireinthedust wrote:

ooc: sorry, been swamped, distracted.

Kondor chooses 6 (bc that's what I rolled).
He is aware of zoning out - likely exhaustion - but a surge of adrenaline and he tries to remain watchful.

[no problem! d100 please.]


 
     Thread Starter
 

2/24/2021 5:02 pm  #3929


Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

d100: 16!

 

2/24/2021 9:07 pm  #3930


Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

fireinthedust wrote:

d100: 16!

Kondor alone notices a white hue shining up from the fount onto Gundrabu's face.


 
     Thread Starter
 

2/25/2021 9:26 am  #3931


Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

Iron Ranger wrote:

fireinthedust wrote:

d100: 16!

Kondor alone notices a white hue shining up from the fount onto Gundrabu's face.

"Gundrabu, look!" Kondor points out the glow. "A glowing white hue from the fount!"


ooc:  Yeah! Let's do this!

 

2/25/2021 11:35 am  #3932


Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

“What? No, the shadows are playing tricks with your mind.”

Still, Gundrabu closes the glands in his palm, to minimize his own light source (or he shutters the lantern—I’m losing track), to see if he can perceive what Kondor describes. As he does so, he says:

“There is a corpse tied, as if in sacrifice or execution, in the bottom of this pit. I want to investigate.”

Releasing the light again, Gundrabu looks for stairs or ladder to descend within. He also wants to determine—make certain, if he can from his height—that the floor below is earth or stone or otherwise looks capable of holding his weight.


“Our own age is not one which can afford to call its ancestors savage.” 
― Poul AndersonThe Broken Sword
 

2/25/2021 11:38 am  #3933


Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

Eirvit wrote:

“What? No, the shadows are playing tricks with your mind.”

Still, Gundrabu closes the glands in his palm, to minimize his own light source (or he shutters the lantern—I’m losing track), to see if he can perceive what Kondor describes. As he does so, he says:

“There is a corpse tied, as if in sacrifice or execution, in the bottom of this pit. I want to investigate.”

Gundrabu doesn't perceive any hue at all, but is the corpse below swaying slightly or are his eyes playing tricks??
 


 
     Thread Starter
 

2/25/2021 11:41 am  #3934


Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

Eirvit wrote:



“There is a corpse tied, as if in sacrifice or execution, in the bottom of this pit. I want to investigate.”

The is no bottom of this pit that Gundrabu can see, in fact, now that he's taking another look, it seems like the corpse is lower than before.


 
     Thread Starter
 

2/25/2021 1:32 pm  #3935


Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

Gundrabu is overcome with awe. He stumbles away from the brink, one hand fumbling for his holy symbol, and looks, his eyes wide with astonishment,  to his companions.

“I — I don’t understand it. It — it’s uncanny below, perhaps even eldritch.”


“Our own age is not one which can afford to call its ancestors savage.” 
― Poul AndersonThe Broken Sword
 

2/25/2021 5:58 pm  #3936


Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

Tillak tightens his grip on his war pick. 

"Whatever is below, it will feel the bite of my pick!" 



  • “Moonglum licked his long lips. 'So it’s sorcery again. In truth, Elric, this whole country is beginning to stink of wizardry and the minions of hell.' Elric murmured for his friend’s ears: 'No hell-beings these—but honest elementals, equally powerful in many ways.'"
 

2/25/2021 8:22 pm  #3937


Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

SullyB74 wrote:

Tillak tightens his grip on his war pick. 

"Whatever is below, it will feel the bite of my pick!" 

Gundrabu doesn't call for your help or reach for his own weapon, he remains staring down into the fount at the corpse he described and fumbling his holy symbol out.

Last edited by Iron Ranger (2/25/2021 8:54 pm)


 
     Thread Starter
 

2/26/2021 11:40 am  #3938


Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

"Gundrabu, you say the body is moving? Get back, then." Kondor touches Gundrabu's shoulder, concerned it's what's causing the cleric to merely fumble with his holy symbol. The barbarian recalls that they never did get the source of the strange voices discerned after the fireball was sent up to it, and that mind effects may be in play here.

 

2/26/2021 11:50 am  #3939


Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

fireinthedust wrote:

"Gundrabu, you say the body is moving? Get back, then." Kondor touches Gundrabu's shoulder, concerned it's what's causing the cleric to merely fumble with his holy symbol. The barbarian recalls that they never did get the source of the strange voices discerned after the fireball was sent up to it, and that mind effects may be in play here.

Kondor treads across the hardened wax past Tillak, (who stands near but not with the cleric) and joins Gundrabu at the fount. The reassuring hand doesn't perceive flinching or knotted muscles, and Gundrabu is calm. The barbarian does indeed see the pale white hue shining up onto the esquimeaux's face.


 
     Thread Starter
 

2/26/2021 3:14 pm  #3940


Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

Kondor pulls the cleric away from the fount, back towards the doorway.

 

Board footera





“HYPERBOREA” is a registered trademark of North Wind Adventures, LLC. “Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea,” “AS&SH,” and all other North Wind Adventures product names and their respective logos are trademarks of North Wind Adventures, LLC in the USA and other countries. ©2021 North Wind Adventures, LLC.