!!insidediv!!

Being the Official Discussion Forum for HYPERBOREA®, a role-playing game of swords, sorcery, and weird science-fantasy

Visit us at the HYPERBOREA web site!

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

1/24/2021 10:49 am  #1

Tales of Attluma

Read this a couple of months ago and really enjoyed it: another DMR ebook collection of short stories, all with inspirational swords & sorcery ideas. It was the first I'd read of David C. Smith, and will definitely try something else by him based on this.

"It is all very well to point out that the man lacks facility; as he asserts, sheer force can overpower sophistication."
Jack Vance, Rhialto the Marvellous

1/26/2021 11:23 am  #2

Re: Tales of Attluma

I recently read Renegade Swords and really enjoyed it! I appreciate Ritzlin’s dedication to classic reprints. I also like his editorship (it was an experience to read a “good” story by Lin Carter). I expect I’m slowly going to make my way through the DMR library. Maybe we should start a DMR Books reading club channel.

“Our own age is not one which can afford to call its ancestors savage.” 
― Poul AndersonThe Broken Sword

1/27/2021 5:51 am  #3

Eirvit wrote:

Maybe we should start a DMR Books reading club channel.

Indeed: I'm reading The Eye of Sounnu now (well-written, with a subtle humor of Vancian stamp), from DMR. I'll have to check out Renegade Swords.

"It is all very well to point out that the man lacks facility; as he asserts, sheer force can overpower sophistication."
Jack Vance, Rhialto the Marvellous

2/02/2021 12:13 pm  #4

rhialto wrote:

Eirvit wrote:

Maybe we should start a DMR Books reading club channel.

Indeed: I'm reading The Eye of Sounnu now (well-written, with a subtle humor of Vancian stamp), from DMR. I'll have to check out Renegade Swords.

The Eye of Sounnu was great.

“How can I wear the harness of toil
And sweat at the daily round,
While in my soul forever
The drums of Pictdom sound?” 

Board footera

© 2009-2024 North Wind Adventures, LLC. “HYPERBOREA” is a registered trademark of North Wind Adventures, LLC. “Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea,” “AS&SH,” and all other North Wind Adventures product names and their respective logos are trademarks of North Wind Adventures, LLC in the USA and other countries. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.