!!insidediv!!

Being the Official Discussion Forum for HYPERBOREA®, a role-playing game of swords, sorcery, and weird science-fantasy

Visit us at the HYPERBOREA web site!

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

1/21/2021 4:47 am  #1

Looking for a game.

Hello,

Are any of you planning on starting a new play-by-post game, soon? I'm trying to find a game, IRL, but I haven't been able to find anyone who wants to play AS&SH in my area. 

• “Moonglum licked his long lips. 'So it’s sorcery again. In truth, Elric, this whole country is beginning to stink of wizardry and the minions of hell.' Elric murmured for his friend’s ears: 'No hell-beings these—but honest elementals, equally powerful in many ways.'"

1/21/2021 10:46 am  #2

Re: Looking for a game.

Just out of curiosity, what’s your time zone?

And if you don’t mind joining a PbP that’s in progress, message Iron Ranger of the Scorched Sanctuary (on this forum). I’m fairly certain his virtual door is always open to additional players.

“Our own age is not one which can afford to call its ancestors savage.” 
― Poul AndersonThe Broken Sword

1/21/2021 9:06 pm  #3

Hi, Eirvit. 

Thanks for responding. I live on Guam, which is GMT +10 (Vladivostok, Port Moresby)

I'll send  Iron Ranger a PM. Thanks.

• “Moonglum licked his long lips. 'So it’s sorcery again. In truth, Elric, this whole country is beginning to stink of wizardry and the minions of hell.' Elric murmured for his friend’s ears: 'No hell-beings these—but honest elementals, equally powerful in many ways.'"

1/23/2021 12:22 pm  #4

I’ve been wanting to get back into playing a pbp as well. I might even want to try running something. I’m new on this forum, 1st post, so am not sure how one goes about that here.

It is immortality of a sort.

1/24/2021 2:52 am  #5

eakratz wrote:

I’ve been wanting to get back into playing a pbp as well. I might even want to try running something. I’m new on this forum, 1st post, so am not sure how one goes about that here.

I've never played play-by-post style before, but that might be my only way of playing this game. If you want to run a game, I'd love to play. 

1/25/2021 6:19 am  #6

I’ll see if there is something I can come up with. I’ve never GMed AS&SH before.

You could also look at virtual table tops like roll20. That’s how I run my current campaign. 5E however. There’s got to be someplace where people post games using Zoom or Google Meets. I don’t know where or how to find them but it’s got to be out there.

1/25/2021 8:36 am  #7

test

d10

d10=

[roll]1d10[/roll]

[dice]1d10[/dice]

Is there a way to roll dice on this forum? Thank you.

Last edited by eakratz (1/25/2021 8:38 am)

1/27/2021 5:16 pm  #8

I just roll it and tell the referee what I got. 

1/27/2021 5:25 pm  #9

eakratz wrote:

There's an active one here on the forum. It seems as if all you have to do is have people who want to play, and then you start posting the scenario. 

1/27/2021 5:48 pm  #10

Actually, go to the very first page of The Scorched Sanctuary, and you’ll see the referee Iron Ranger simply tossing out a hook and waiting for somebody—anybody—to bite. It looks like it took awhile to catch someone, too!

“Our own age is not one which can afford to call its ancestors savage.” 
― Poul AndersonThe Broken Sword

1/27/2021 6:13 pm  #11

It did seem to take a bit. I haven't even seen the first player who began playing with him. I see that there are some Discord games going on, but I imagine that those require invites. 

8/01/2022 6:55 pm  #12

I'm going to resurrect this thread to say I'd love to be a player in a pbp game. If anyone wants to start one let me know.

8/02/2022 9:29 am  #13

Matteus wrote:

I'm going to resurrect this thread to say I'd love to be a player in a pbp game. If anyone wants to start one let me know.

As always - if anyone wants to drop into the Scorched game, always happy to have more players.

2/20/2023 7:21 pm  #14

Iron Ranger wrote:

Matteus wrote:

As always - if anyone wants to drop into the Scorched game, always happy to have more players.

Is this still an open invite?  Anyone else potentially starting a PbP adventure?   If so, what would be PC generation criteria?  Time Zone is US Eastern i.e. UTC-5.  

Last edited by Aelric (2/20/2023 7:23 pm)

2/22/2023 9:02 pm  #15

Hey Aelric, if you go back to the main forum and go to the thread I started. I just started a a game on Mythweavers. We are playing The Black Moss-Hag of Lug, just finished negotiating with the witch but have room for another player.

2/22/2023 10:40 pm  #16

eakratz wrote:

Hey Aelric, if you go back to the main forum and go to the thread I started. I just started a a game on Mythweavers. We are playing The Black Moss-Hag of Lug, just finished negotiating with the witch but have room for another player.

Just applied over there.  Had to go with a different ID as 'Aelric' was taken, so I am Vedast at MW.  

2/23/2023 10:14 pm  #17

Aelric wrote:

Iron Ranger wrote:

Matteus wrote:

Is this still an open invite?  Anyone else potentially starting a PbP adventure?   If so, what would be PC generation criteria?  Time Zone is US Eastern i.e. UTC-5.  

Scorched is always open. Just shoot me a PM with your character so I can make a sheet and figure out how to drop you in.

Board footera

© 2009-2024 North Wind Adventures, LLC. “HYPERBOREA” is a registered trademark of North Wind Adventures, LLC. “Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea,” “AS&SH,” and all other North Wind Adventures product names and their respective logos are trademarks of North Wind Adventures, LLC in the USA and other countries. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.