!!insidediv!!

Being the Official Discussion Forum for HYPERBOREA®, a role-playing game of swords, sorcery, and weird science-fantasy

Visit us at the HYPERBOREA web site!

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

1/17/2021 1:37 pm  #3701

Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

Roll Dex feat

1/17/2021 3:38 pm  #3702

d100: 8!  I rolled my legit d100 on my Christmas tray and got a legit 8!

1/17/2021 4:00 pm  #3703

fireinthedust wrote:

d100: 8!  I rolled my legit d100 on my Christmas tray and got a legit 8!

Kondor closes his eyes instinctively for impact, ready to bend and roll. But is somewhat surprised when he lands quickly atop the slab about 3 ft under him.

Below the room illuminates as the cleric finally gets the torch lit.

And the clacking of approaching feet above instantly stops on cue!

1/17/2021 4:55 pm  #3704

The torch flaring, Gundrabu hastily grabs up the pack and all their stowed possessions and looks to the open doorway beyond the now-raised slab. If necessary, he approaches it, trying to get a look beyond the threshold, expecting all the while that, like the other door, the flames won't even illuminate the darkness beyond.

“Our own age is not one which can afford to call its ancestors savage.” 
― Poul AndersonThe Broken Sword

1/18/2021 3:17 pm  #3705

Kondor drops down again, this time from the slab, to join Gundrabu at the doorway. He draws his sword and backs toward the now-open doorway, motioning Gundrabu to get to the other side.

"We cannot leave the crown here," he whispers. "Misfortunate that it rolled away JUST before we needed its balls of fire!"

1/18/2021 3:44 pm  #3706

Gundrabu’s eyes grow wide.

“You think it merely *rolled*, barbarian? In *this* place? Dost thou remember what was said by Tetranna’s corse? She sought the crown! I expect it was pilfered while we slept.”

The footsteps sounding nearer above, Gundrabu lowers his voice and steps closer to his ally.

“There is a benison I have. I may speak it and direct our steps to thine lost crown. But should we do that now, with our enemies so near?”

1/18/2021 5:24 pm  #3707

"We need to slim their numbers first. Draw them down this corridor, I'll take them one at a time, you support me." Kondor motions the cleric to move forward along the corridor. "And look to make sure they don't enter from there, too."

1/19/2021 9:42 am  #3708

Gundrabu nods, but he still is not certain that anything resembling a “corridor” waits beyond the threshold. There had been light there, after all.

Again, torchlight flickering, Gundrabu attempts to determine what waits beyond.

1/19/2021 11:09 am  #3709

With the barbarian at his side, Gundrabu holds the torch closer to the crude opened doorway  in order to illuminate the dark space beyond, when there is a horrid thump on the slab above their heads. Then another. And another!!

1/19/2021 11:25 am  #3710

😆

Okay, Gundrabu rushes forward into uncertainty, willing to effect Kondor’s plan.

1/19/2021 2:12 pm  #3711

The cleric rushes into the Unknown as Kondor -bastard sword drawn - guards him from the 3 giant beetles with red glowing eyes and long serrated pincers that drop down from the slab in front of him!

[Kondor actions,roll INT,  etc. etc]

1/19/2021 7:13 pm  #3712

"Hah! Thought they would be beast men!" Kondor's sword ready, he prepares to strike the first beetle and hop back.

Init:  1!
d20:  13+3: 16!
d10: 4+2 = 6!

1/19/2021 7:58 pm  #3713

The Beetles fan out to surround the fighter and  lunge forward with a 3!

The one on Kondor's weak side finds flesh 18! with a pincer bite  for 6 -1 DR = -5 HP
The one head on slams into the chain mail, and is unsuccessful 10! at cutting through!
The one facing the Sword slips into a sweet spot 18! as the barbarian hefts the mighty blade airborne to retaliate for 5 -1 DR = -4 more HP. 

The barbarian goes into his mighty swing @ 5/37 HP.
His blade easily decapitates the offending beetle!   [Kondor +20XP]

end of Round 1

actions, INt , etc for round 2.

1/19/2021 8:12 pm  #3714

[Gundrabu roll DEX feat.]
[Gundrabu roll STR feat.]

1/20/2021 8:57 am  #3715

D6- 5!

1/20/2021 9:23 am  #3716

Need feats not tests please -d100s

1/20/2021 12:03 pm  #3717

ooc:  Wasn't Kondor in the corridor? The whole point of staying put was so they would go single file so he'd only be attacked one at a time.

Actions:  Kondor is going to keep hacking away.
d20:  6+3: 9
d20: 19! +3: 22!!!
d10: 3+2: 5!

1/20/2021 12:13 pm  #3718

fireinthedust wrote:

ooc:  Wasn't Kondor in the corridor? The whole point of staying put was so they would go single file so he'd only be attacked one at a time.

oodm: There is no corridor, Eirvit confirmed (post #3707). I went with this plan: "Kondor drops down again, this time from the slab, to join Gundrabu at the doorway. He draws his sword and backs toward the now-open doorway, motioning Gundrabu to get to the other side."

1/20/2021 1:32 pm  #3719

95!

😂

(If only this were Rolemaster right now.)

Last edited by Eirvit (1/20/2021 1:32 pm)

1/20/2021 3:26 pm  #3720

Iron Ranger wrote:

fireinthedust wrote:

oodm: There is no corridor, Eirvit confirmed (post #3707). I went with this plan: "Kondor drops down again, this time from the slab, to join Gundrabu at the doorway. He draws his sword and backs toward the now-open doorway, motioning Gundrabu to get to the other side."

Wait, so it's just a doorway? I thought there was a dark corridor beyond.  Eek!  We better hurry this up, or you're going to need to raise dead on Kondor!

Board footera

© 2009-2024 North Wind Adventures, LLC. “HYPERBOREA” is a registered trademark of North Wind Adventures, LLC. “Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea,” “AS&SH,” and all other North Wind Adventures product names and their respective logos are trademarks of North Wind Adventures, LLC in the USA and other countries. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.