!!insidediv!!

Being the Official Discussion Forum for HYPERBOREA®, a role-playing game of swords, sorcery, and weird science-fantasy

Visit us at the HYPERBOREA web site!

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

12/11/2020 9:52 am  #1

the Sea-Wolf's Daughter [spoilers]

My players managed to steal the thing, kill the beast, and kill the bad guys (wolfpack included) without breaking much of a sweat. The party has a cryomancer who can control the thing.

Obviously, moving forward, they'll be increasing frequent and nasty visitors in the night as the sphere does what it does. I imagine my players will get rid of the thing before they break it. 

Interesting adventure and a nice doorway into higher level play. Now I need to find what lands from New Vinland the players will be gifted for saving the princess. perhaps this can lead into some political stuff with the Vikings.

12/11/2020 11:57 am  #2

Re: the Sea-Wolf's Daughter [spoilers]

Interesting results! Let us know what happens next!

HYPERBOREA- A Role-Playing Game of Swords, Sorcery, and Weird Science-Fantasy

12/11/2020 1:21 pm  #3

Ghul wrote:

Interesting results! Let us know what happens next!

Thanks! It did turn out very interestingly.

Writing this out as a post has inspired me to go political with the Vikings. We'll offer the party a chance to establish their land grants from Ragnar. To claim their grants they'll have to vie with other lords who think the land is theirs, enemies of Ragnar. Perhaps an accident in a battle can take us to "Chapter 2" of the adventure.

12/15/2020 10:46 am  #4

It sounds like a great idea, kind of like keeping a card hidden up your sleeve, waiting for just the right moment to play it... ;)

HYPERBOREA- A Role-Playing Game of Swords, Sorcery, and Weird Science-Fantasy

2/07/2021 10:20 am  #5

Follow up on this one: The nightguants eventually showed up and stole the thing back. Later, while travelling through the woodlands of Gal, the Cryomancer who earlier possessed it died accidentally sniffing a blue lotus. Such is life.

Board footera

© 2009-2024 North Wind Adventures, LLC. “HYPERBOREA” is a registered trademark of North Wind Adventures, LLC. “Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea,” “AS&SH,” and all other North Wind Adventures product names and their respective logos are trademarks of North Wind Adventures, LLC in the USA and other countries. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.