!!insidediv!!

Being the Official Discussion Forum for HYPERBOREA®, a role-playing game of swords, sorcery, and weird science-fantasy

Visit us at the HYPERBOREA web site!

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

11/26/2020 10:44 am  #1

Anyone Interested in Running a PbP?

Hi All,

I am new to ASSH system, but it is slowly becoming my favorite for running and playing fantasy games. However, most of my friends and other players tend to stick to 5e and unless I am running an ASSH I don't get to play it. I was wondering if anyone was out there interested in running a PbP through Discord? I have at least one other player who is interested and maybe add one more (I find more than four players in a PbP makes the game move slower). If interested please reach out to me. Thanks.

11/27/2020 4:33 pm  #2

Re: Anyone Interested in Running a PbP?

Hi! If you’re simply hoping to get into a game and the platform doesn’t matter that much to you, might I recommend The Scorched Sanctuary here on these boards? Iron Ranger allows players to jump in, and the game has just two players right now.

In my own experience, PbP games have always failed, so it’s a testament to Iron Ranger just how long this one has been going.

Read a bit of it and see what you think. No need to read from the beginning (in fact, I don’t advise it!). I recommend reading enough of the later posts to get a sense of how it feels.

Of course, if this doesn’t seem like the kind of game you have in mind, that’s fine. I hope you find a good Ref!

“Our own age is not one which can afford to call its ancestors savage.” 
― Poul AndersonThe Broken Sword

11/27/2020 8:45 pm  #3

Re: Anyone Interested in Running a PbP?

Thanks I will check it out!

Board footera

© 2009-2024 North Wind Adventures, LLC. “HYPERBOREA” is a registered trademark of North Wind Adventures, LLC. “Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea,” “AS&SH,” and all other North Wind Adventures product names and their respective logos are trademarks of North Wind Adventures, LLC in the USA and other countries. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.