!!insidediv!!

Being the Official Discussion Forum for HYPERBOREA®, a role-playing game of swords, sorcery, and weird science-fantasy

Visit us at the HYPERBOREA web site!

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

9/23/2020 2:15 pm  #1

Zardoz

Quite a good analog for a Hyperporean house destroying itself from within due to its own machinations.

Cannot recommend this enough, at least one viewing of this, they just don’t make em like this anymore.

Last edited by Monkeydono (9/23/2020 2:19 pm)

...before fatidic silver pools on a auspicious night stood a Hyperborean Xathoqquan priestess; stripping naked like a beast crawling in on all fours in supplication...

9/23/2020 3:32 pm  #2

Re: Zardoz

Never seen it. Will check it out, thanks! 

Blackadder23: Insanely long villain soliloquy, then "Your action?"
BORGO'S PLAYER: I shoot him in the face

9/24/2020 3:54 pm  #3

One of my favorite films. Chainsaw you will love it, it is 70's sci fi at it's best

9/24/2020 6:07 pm  #4

Brock Savage wrote:

One of my favorite films. Chainsaw you will love it, it is 70's sci fi at it's best

Nice! 

9/25/2020 12:13 pm  #5

Chainsaw wrote:

Yup.  You will never "un-see" it, either.

9/26/2020 10:35 am  #6

francisca wrote:

Chainsaw wrote:

That's an understatement.

HYPERBOREA- A Role-Playing Game of Swords, Sorcery, and Weird Science-Fantasy

9/27/2020 2:58 am  #7

Ghul wrote:

francisca wrote:

Chainsaw wrote:

That's an understatement.

If only I could un-see to re-un-see it again.

A lot going on; low budget making a fantastic theatrical cut with literally using smoke, mirror...breaking the 4th wall, etc. don’t wanna spoil any more possible elements...

& Connery in thigh highs.

Last edited by Monkeydono (9/27/2020 3:03 am)

...before fatidic silver pools on a auspicious night stood a Hyperborean Xathoqquan priestess; stripping naked like a beast crawling in on all fours in supplication...

9/27/2020 6:14 am  #8

I watched it yesterday. Movie was wild! And, now I have a great idea for my costume at next year's neighborhood Halloween party. 

Monkeydono wrote:

A lot going on; low budget making a fantastic theatrical cut with literally using smoke, mirror...breaking the 4th wall, etc. don’t wanna spoil any more possible elements...

Good luck! 

Board footera

© 2009-2024 North Wind Adventures, LLC. “HYPERBOREA” is a registered trademark of North Wind Adventures, LLC. “Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea,” “AS&SH,” and all other North Wind Adventures product names and their respective logos are trademarks of North Wind Adventures, LLC in the USA and other countries. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.