Being the Official Discussion Forum for Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea™

Visit us at the HYPERBOREA web site!

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

9/15/2020 5:04 pm  #1

Echoes from Fomalhaut #03

Well, in my campaign the party is stopping over at an island for repairs to their recently shark bitten ship.

It's the tiny island if you follow the finger of the Skarag coast "north" and just to the "west" of New Pictland. Just before the River Okeanos starts.

So I was scanning through the Fomalhauts and I'll be damned if Tridentfish Island isn't about damn perfect.

I think just a little smudging to better fit things is all that I need.

I mean...I can ignore the competing party stuff (I have a week to ponder that) but the rest will work nicely.

s***, there is even a worm creature that could be a nifty stand in for the ashen worm mythology of hyperborea.

Even better #04 has descriptions for the futuristic weapons found.

I recommend Gabor's stuff. Very high quality and a rich place to find ideas to plunder.

What? Me worry?

9/16/2020 3:09 pm  #2

Re: Echoes from Fomalhaut #03

Yes, I highly recommend his work, too. Great ideas, Gizmo!

Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea - A Role-Playing Game of Swords, Sorcery, and Weird Fantasy

9/16/2020 7:38 pm  #3

I own a great deal of Gabor's stuff. His brand of fantasy is a good fit for Hyperborea. 

9/21/2020 11:34 am  #4

An act of bloggery was committed.

I'm not sure where to put it but it's related to this thread so here it gets put.

Making a hexmap, customizing it to my needs, and then taking some excellent old school zine content and modifying that to meet my campaign's need.

https://opensourcegamer.com/blog/blog/2020/09/21/i-need-a-hex-map/

What? Me worry?

9/22/2020 5:30 am  #5

Just so you know Giz, but when I download image it is dull, shaded; difficult to see map. I can fix this with my Photoshop 10 and make it white as seen in your site, but not sure that it just me or other are affect also?

9/22/2020 7:11 am  #6

Of the hexmap or tridentfish island stuff?

There is some...weirdness.

I think partly some conversion to png from svg artifacts. Maybe the background grid is causing some problems.

I'll turn off the grid and upload that shortly.

What? Me worry?

9/23/2020 3:58 am  #7

Oki doki.

Board footera

“Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea”, “AS&SH”, and all other North Wind Adventures product names and their respective logos are trademarks of North Wind Adventures, LLC in the USA and other countries. ©2020 North Wind Adventures, LLC.