!!insidediv!!

Being the Official Discussion Forum for HYPERBOREA®, a role-playing game of swords, sorcery, and weird science-fantasy

Visit us at the HYPERBOREA web site!

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

6/26/2020 5:16 pm  #2941

Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

[Gundrabu: make a Saving Throw vs Avoidance +1 please]

6/27/2020 10:49 am  #2942

d12:  rolled a 4, didn't add modifiers for being a barbarian or ability scores, as I don't know which you want.

6/27/2020 4:53 pm  #2943

1 +1 = 2

😱

Last edited by Eirvit (6/27/2020 4:53 pm)

“Our own age is not one which can afford to call its ancestors savage.” 
― Poul AndersonThe Broken Sword

6/28/2020 2:29 pm  #2944

[Kondor: make a Saving Throw vs Avoidance +1 as well.]

6/28/2020 3:32 pm  #2945

Eirvit wrote:

1 +1 = 2

😱

Oh jeez...Gundrabu slips on something extremely slick on the cave opening's floor and falls hard to the rock, thankfully his heavy furs cushion his glutes from the fall, but he quickly slides past the barbarian and down the steep cave.

6/29/2020 4:19 pm  #2946

d20: 4!  +1 +2 Barbarian +2 for Dexterity 17 (unless the Chainmail stops that; apparently there's a saving throw bonus that I didn't think about).

6/29/2020 4:44 pm  #2947

fireinthedust wrote:

d20: 4!  +1 +2 Barbarian +2 for Dexterity 17 (unless the Chainmail stops that; apparently there's a saving throw bonus that I didn't think about).

to clarify I see:
17 = defence adj to avoidance +1
Barbarian hardiness = +2

dont see anything about armor interfering.

Kondor sees the Esquimeaux go sliding by as he loses his own footing on the slickness and joins Gundrabu in the slide down the tunnel.  [Roll d6 dex test to hang onto lantern and sword!]

6/29/2020 6:31 pm  #2948

rolled a 5!

6/29/2020 6:36 pm  #2949

fireinthedust wrote:

rolled a 5!

Are you kidding me?!?!

Kondor drops both items which clang loudly against the stone! Thankfully the lantern somehow stays lighted, but both adventurers can hear it and the heavy sword sliding down with you! 

7/01/2020 2:46 pm  #2950

Iron Ranger wrote:

fireinthedust wrote:

rolled a 5!

Are you kidding me?!?!

Kondor drops both items which clang loudly against the stone! Thankfully the lantern somehow stays lighted, but both adventurers can hear it and the heavy sword sliding down with you! 

Kondor struggles to get control over the slide, and looks for something to hold onto. With one hand he pulls the whip of Emral from his belt and swings the length to Gundrabu to hold on to so they don’t get separated. Then, if his comrade grabs it, Kondor will plant his legs on the walls of the tunnel and tries to stop the fall before they land on spikes!

Ooc: maybe? I might as well use the whip.

7/01/2020 3:04 pm  #2951

fireinthedust wrote:

Iron Ranger wrote:

fireinthedust wrote:

rolled a 5!

Are you kidding me?!?!

Kondor struggles to get control over the slide, and looks for something to hold onto. With one hand he pulls the whip of Emral from his belt and swings the length to Gundrabu to hold on to so they don’t get separated. Then, if his comrade grabs it, Kondor will plant his legs on the walls of the tunnel and tries to stop the fall before they land on spikes!

Ooc: maybe? I might as well use the whip.

It's a wicked slide and a tough feat for Kondor to regain control on this slide to hell! 
roll an attack roll at a -3 to bullseye on Gundrabu! His small shield is clanking away between you so he'll retain his AC 5. If Kondor's aim is true then Gundrabu roll a Dex feat to grab it!

7/01/2020 11:30 pm  #2952

Ha ha! Well, here’s my roll:

Just in case it’s d6 for this (but I think it’s the percentage), d6 - 3 (that doesn’t do it).

d100 - 57 (not even close!)

7/02/2020 11:39 am  #2953

I rolled an 18!  +3 for level, +2 for strength, -3 for difficulty?  Should be good, very exciting.

7/02/2020 1:26 pm  #2954

Ha!  I've got Kondor at
17 str  = +1/+2  and no weapon mastery of Whip so no bonus there.
Not sure what a level bonus is. Am i missing something?
His combat matrix for AC 5 is 11.

So 18 +1 -3 = 16!
A fantastic cast -  but the hapless esquimeaux cannot manage to grab the whip in the fuss.

Down, down they slide, feels faster and steeper all of a sudden....

7/02/2020 7:31 pm  #2955

Wheeee! 🤪

7/02/2020 8:27 pm  #2956

Is it possible to try again or should we think of something else?

7/02/2020 8:34 pm  #2957

Eirvit wrote:

Wheeee! 🤪

Gundrabu +50 XP! 

7/02/2020 8:36 pm  #2958

fireinthedust wrote:

Is it possible to try again or should we think of something else?

Entirely up to you guys...

The stone is slick and getting steeper by the second. The lamp is loose and giving flashes of jagged tunnel, the bastard sword is loose.  The small shield is clanking and its Esquimeaux is squealing with delight!

7/03/2020 8:42 am  #2959

Gundrabu tries to slip out of his pack and fish out his crampons.

7/03/2020 10:37 am  #2960

Eirvit wrote:

Gundrabu tries to slip out of his pack and fish out his crampons.

Assuming you mean his original and not the pack he had in his arms before he slipped?

Make a d6 Dex feat.

Board footera

© 2009-2024 North Wind Adventures, LLC. “HYPERBOREA” is a registered trademark of North Wind Adventures, LLC. “Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea,” “AS&SH,” and all other North Wind Adventures product names and their respective logos are trademarks of North Wind Adventures, LLC in the USA and other countries. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.