!!insidediv!!

Being the Official Discussion Forum for HYPERBOREA®, a role-playing game of swords, sorcery, and weird science-fantasy

Visit us at the HYPERBOREA web site!

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

5/08/2020 4:37 pm  #1

HYPERBOREA SOLD OUT!

HYPERBOREA SOLD OUT! Look for a future announcement regarding the next printing of the hardback book. Thank you to everyone who has supported the game.

HYPERBOREA- A Role-Playing Game of Swords, Sorcery, and Weird Science-Fantasy

5/08/2020 10:22 pm  #2

Re: HYPERBOREA SOLD OUT!

But...there's one right there...in that picture   Congrats!!

5/08/2020 10:28 pm  #3

Really? Wow! Time sure flies! Here's to the 2nd printing!

5/09/2020 11:35 pm  #4

Congratulations Jeff!  That's awesome.  I'm thankful my foil one was free from abuse however my first print from the KS has been bandied around a bit.  Brings back nostalgic memories of players and I perusing and abusing my old 1E and 2E stuff.  It's like gaming old time memories.  Great to hear that you have to reprint as AS&SOH is definitely a game people should own!

Other bands play, Manowar kill!

5/10/2020 9:30 am  #5

I know this is ...selfish and silly question, but...are you considering adding an index to the second printing?

What? Me worry?

5/11/2020 9:45 am  #6

gizmomathboy wrote:

I know this is ...selfish and silly question, but...are you considering adding an index to the second printing?

Not silly at all, and I never knew you liked shellfish, but yes, we are adding an index! ;)

5/11/2020 9:46 am  #7

MrManowar wrote:

Congratulations Jeff! That's awesome. I'm thankful my foil one was free from abuse however my first print from the KS has been bandied around a bit. Brings back nostalgic memories of players and I perusing and abusing my old 1E and 2E stuff. It's like gaming old time memories. Great to hear that you have to reprint as AS&SOH is definitely a game people should own!

Very nice! I'm glad it's serving you well and that the game is helping you and your crew create new memories! Cheers, Mr Manowar! \m/

5/11/2020 9:47 am  #8

WebwayDrifter wrote:

But...there's one right there...in that picture   Congrats!!

5/11/2020 9:47 am  #9

Iron Ranger wrote:

Really? Wow! Time sure flies! Here's to the 2nd printing!

Thanks! It's going to be excellent.

5/11/2020 10:08 am  #10

That's Awsome news Brother. Get ready for the Next Printing! Maybe an Index this time 

Last edited by BlackKnight (5/11/2020 10:09 am)

-- 
BlackKnight, AKA Sausage
Older than Dirt, Crusty, and set in my ways. Been playing TTRPGs for over 45 years...

5/11/2020 10:50 am  #11

Pumped!

Blackadder23: Insanely long villain soliloquy, then "Your action?"
BORGO'S PLAYER: I shoot him in the face

5/11/2020 11:38 am  #12

Great to hear, looking forward to 2nd printing. I'm gonna break my rule on "no hardcopies" for that one. 

5/11/2020 1:05 pm  #13

Ghul wrote:

gizmomathboy wrote:

Not silly at all, and I never knew you liked shellfish, but yes, we are adding an index! ;)

woohoo!

Crap, I might be tempted to be another physical copy of again.

I mean, awesome, I get to support North Wind Adventures by buying the latest and greatest printing! :-)

What? Me worry?

5/18/2020 11:37 am  #14

Hi, I new here and I just picked the AS&SH Players' Manual. I really like the presentation and wonder in the future to see Books IV-VI offered in the same presentation as the aforementioned as a Game Master's Manual? Thanks.

5/18/2020 1:00 pm  #15

Greetings, denethor61. We will be doing a new printing of the AS&SH hardback, which covers Volumes I–VI in their entirety. We have no plans to do a Referee's Manual, per se, but are keeping it as a "compleat" all-in-one book. Thanks for your interest, and glad that you like the game!

5/18/2020 1:46 pm  #16

Ghul wrote:

gizmomathboy wrote:

Jeff - Any chance the index will be made available as a pdf to those of us with the 1st printing? ... As much as I love to support you and your esteemed product line, I have two copies each of the Hardback and the Players Manual already, so I'm not sure yet another copy is in the cards for me this time (as much as I'd like to) ... especially in these cash strapped times.

5/18/2020 2:29 pm  #17

measuredrums wrote:

Ghul wrote:

gizmomathboy wrote:

Jeff - Any chance the index will be made available as a pdf to those of us with the 1st printing? ... As much as I love to support you and your esteemed product line, I have two copies each of the Hardback and the Players Manual already, so I'm not sure yet another copy is in the cards for me this time (as much as I'd like to) ... especially in these cash strapped times.

Yes, absolutely.

5/18/2020 4:53 pm  #18

Your welcome. You have a great product, and can't wait to try it out!

5/19/2020 7:27 pm  #19

Like the boxes before, I just can’t believe they’re all  gone....

5/19/2020 11:16 pm  #20

Iron Ranger wrote:

Like the boxes before, I just can’t believe they’re all  gone....

I hear you, I have the original KS box with adventures, letter, etc.  and now the foil hardcover in my collector stuff although my regular 1st print hardcover has seen some abuse as well as the KS Player's book, mainly because not everyone in my group wants to pay for product but wants to play the game.  Well, I don't give a sh*t, I'm buying this stuff because I like this game and want others to play the game.  I'll buy the second print as well as any KS Ghul does because they do awesome stuff. 

The only thing I ask is if they do exclusives (like Rats in the Walls back in the day) put all the cookies on the bottom shelf so at least some of us can get them.  I was fortunate enough back then, would be disappointed today if I didn't get a chance to buy all AS&SOH things. 

I cannot emphasize this enough!  I love this game and once this coronaillness/disease/whatever you wish to term this as, we're GAMING again, and we're playing ASTONISHING SWORDSMEN & SORCERERS OF HYPERBORIA!  Sorry for the all caps bit, but just wanted to show my enthusiasm for this great game.  By the way, I KS's some dice!  You should too!

Other bands play, Manowar kill!

Board footera

© 2009-2024 North Wind Adventures, LLC. “HYPERBOREA” is a registered trademark of North Wind Adventures, LLC. “Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea,” “AS&SH,” and all other North Wind Adventures product names and their respective logos are trademarks of North Wind Adventures, LLC in the USA and other countries. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.