Being the Official Discussion Forum for Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea™


Visit us at the HYPERBOREA web site!

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

3/21/2020 6:57 pm  #2621


Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

The huge pot is suspended with a thick, heavy chain from somewhere up the chimney.

The stew smells too good. Make a 3d6 roll against WISDOM!
 


 
 

3/21/2020 8:21 pm  #2622


Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

Iron Ranger wrote:

The huge pot is suspended with a thick, heavy chain from somewhere up the chimney.

The stew smells too good. Make a 3d6 roll against WISDOM!
 

3d6- 8


“Our own age is not one which can afford to call its ancestors savage.” 
― Poul AndersonThe Broken Sword
 

3/21/2020 8:22 pm  #2623


Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

He chews the frozen rawhide but his mouth waters for the supple stew and keeps sweet sleep at bay!


 
     Thread Starter
 

3/22/2020 11:55 am  #2624


Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

ooc:  I'm alive!  

Kondor is going to help Gundrabu the whole time. 

"If we're going to go back to the original camp, we go together. Or the well. The beast men are gone, so that gives us the time to set up for the holy water, then get into the basement. If we go to the well, we've got time before you need to re-prepare for the ritual."

 

3/22/2020 1:40 pm  #2625


Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

Kondor Lives!

And he thinks the stew smells delicious too.


 
     Thread Starter
 

3/23/2020 2:58 pm  #2626


Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

So, in the morning, Gundrabu prepares Bless Water and Omen.

After eating the warm stew (they keep embers in the hearth), Gundrabu and Kondor go to the sanctuary. There, if all is well, Gundrabu casts Omen on Kondor before starting the Bless Water ritual.

He still has water in the phial in the dagger hilt.


“Our own age is not one which can afford to call its ancestors savage.” 
― Poul AndersonThe Broken Sword
 

3/23/2020 3:39 pm  #2627


Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

Eventually the scent of the sweetened meat subdues your senses, and both men fall fast asleep. The hours are uneventful and they both awaken refreshed and famished.

{each roll a HD +CON bonus  of hp recovery]

The embers still smolder beneath the hanging pot which no longer glows red. Disappointed that they will have to take turns eating the stew with the spoon, Kondor draws the short straw and Gundrabu reaches down into the pot for a bone spoonful of his simmering stew when he notices that the pot is empty - that his stew has boiled away in the night. Only several smears of the boiled meat remain clung to the bottom, perhaps enough for a bite or two...

 


 
     Thread Starter
 

3/23/2020 4:45 pm  #2628


Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

“One bite a piece,” says Gundrabu. He sighs audibly, certain that the gods—all of them, and not just the Kraken—have been experiencing inordinate amusement regarding his misfortunes of late.

[Gundrabu is full on hp, then. Was only down by 1.]


“Our own age is not one which can afford to call its ancestors savage.” 
― Poul AndersonThe Broken Sword
 

3/23/2020 4:49 pm  #2629


Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

Gundrabu laughs at it all and reaches into the pot to scrape the jerky from the bottom; when the bone clinks against the metal, the pot suddenly fills with gruel!


 
     Thread Starter
 

3/23/2020 5:47 pm  #2630


Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

Iron Ranger wrote:

Gundrabu laughs at it all and reaches into the pot to scrape the jerky from the bottom; when the bone clinks against the metal, the pot suddenly fills with gruel!

😀

Gundrabu shrieks and wrenches his hand out of the pot, spraying gruel—and a clattering spoon—across the flagstones.

“Sorcery!” he cries. But highly welcome sorcery, he immediately considers, making certain that he immediately recovers that Spoon. An artifact like this would be worth eight sledges heaped with seal hides among his subsistence-living Esquimaux people.

Last edited by Eirvit (3/23/2020 5:51 pm)


“Our own age is not one which can afford to call its ancestors savage.” 
― Poul AndersonThe Broken Sword
 

3/23/2020 7:45 pm  #2631


Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

Gundrabu +500 XP for acquiring the Spoon of Never-Ending Gruel 


 
     Thread Starter
 

3/23/2020 9:44 pm  #2632


Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

Yay! 2073.5! That’s Level 2!

1d8 HD- 4 (12 total now)

Does Gundrabu suddenly feel like he can memorize three Level 1 spells today, or must he wait till tomorrow?


“Our own age is not one which can afford to call its ancestors savage.” 
― Poul AndersonThe Broken Sword
 

3/23/2020 10:30 pm  #2633


Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

Eirvit wrote:

Yay! 2073.5! That’s Level 2!

1d8 HD- 4 (12 total now)

Does Gundrabu suddenly feel like he can memorize three Level 1 spells today, or must he wait till tomorrow?

Well done!

Yes he feels that the great Khalk-Xu bestows him 3 prayers and the Kraken gifts the knowledge of 3 new orisons!


 
     Thread Starter
 

3/24/2020 7:51 am  #2634


Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

Gundrabu feels his god bestow upon him Bless, Cold Resistance, and Detect Magic.

He starts the day with Bless, Bless Water, and Omen.

Last edited by Eirvit (3/24/2020 7:53 am)


“Our own age is not one which can afford to call its ancestors savage.” 
― Poul AndersonThe Broken Sword
 

3/25/2020 9:47 am  #2635


Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

fireinthedust wrote:

ooc:  I'm alive!  

Kondor is going to help Gundrabu the whole time. 

"If we're going to go back to the original camp, we go together. Or the well. The beast men are gone, so that gives us the time to set up for the holy water, then get into the basement. If we go to the well, we've got time before you need to re-prepare for the ritual."

[How you feeling, fireinthedust?]

If Kondor is amenable, after breaking their fast on gruel, Kondor and Gundrabu head out into the sanctuary. If all is clear, Gundrabu will Bless Kondor, then cast Omen upon him, then conduct the hour-long ritual through which to Bless the Water in his dagger phial, Kondor of course standing guard all the while.


“Our own age is not one which can afford to call its ancestors savage.” 
― Poul AndersonThe Broken Sword
 

3/26/2020 9:32 am  #2636


Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

They remove the stacked pews at the burned out door and leave the thinning warmth of the fire.

Then as Gundrabu mounts the pulpit, the Blessed Barbarian goes to the overturned pews near the entrance and looks out into the darkness to contemplate the vision spinning in his head...


 
     Thread Starter
 

3/27/2020 8:54 pm  #2637


Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

OODM: Just checking on Elias....


 
     Thread Starter
 

3/29/2020 4:20 am  #2638


Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

Kondor continues, waiting on his companions rituals. Meanwhile he keeps a wary eye out for signs of trouble, like last time!

Ooc: sorry for the delay.

 

3/29/2020 9:02 am  #2639


Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

fireinthedust wrote:

Kondor continues, waiting on his companions rituals. Meanwhile he keeps a wary eye out for signs of trouble, like last time!

Ooc: sorry for the delay.

Kondor stands in the doorway, trying to scan the dark woodline for any return of the beast men, but he continues to feel the tickling tentacles of the Kraken in his thoughts.


 
     Thread Starter
 

3/30/2020 8:16 pm  #2640


Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

"Shall we head to the battle, then? To see if this bless'd water of yours will undo the spell upon that doorway?"

 

Board footera



“Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea”, “AS&SH”, and all other North Wind Adventures product names and their respective logos are trademarks of North Wind Adventures, LLC in the USA and other countries. ©2020 North Wind Adventures, LLC.