!!insidediv!!

Being the Official Discussion Forum for HYPERBOREA®, a role-playing game of swords, sorcery, and weird science-fantasy

Visit us at the HYPERBOREA web site!

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

3/19/2020 2:23 pm  #1

Raiding For Crops

I've noticed that the coastal mainland can support crops but the mainland interior is just too cold for that. Most barbarians live in the interior. The corebook notes that barbarians tend to raid Khromarium during the winter. My conclusion is that they're after the food stores. It's also a good way of thinning out the weak among the barbarians without resorting to a formal cull.

3/19/2020 7:03 pm  #2

Re: Raiding For Crops

There have been mentions of Underborea and the possibilities of alternate crops (Mushrooms, Other Fungus, Alge, Livestock). But Raiding for Stores would be probably a steady reason to come down from the mountains.

Bob

-- 
BlackKnight, AKA Sausage
Older than Dirt, Crusty, and set in my ways. Been playing TTRPGs for over 45 years...

3/19/2020 7:15 pm  #3

Re: Raiding For Crops

Winter is the most perilous NPC on Hyperborea. It most probably is the biggest killer in the setting.

Board footera

© 2009-2024 North Wind Adventures, LLC. “HYPERBOREA” is a registered trademark of North Wind Adventures, LLC. “Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea,” “AS&SH,” and all other North Wind Adventures product names and their respective logos are trademarks of North Wind Adventures, LLC in the USA and other countries. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.