!!insidediv!!

Being the Official Discussion Forum for HYPERBOREA®, a role-playing game of swords, sorcery, and weird science-fantasy

Visit us at the HYPERBOREA web site!

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

2/21/2020 8:35 am  #41

Re: Gary Con XII (2020)

Big Shiny wrote:

I hope for the best, but the track record for GC registration day is........not good.

There were some minor lags during the gold reg last week, so I hope they boost the servers up to eleven for this one.

Back of the envelope:

For AS&SH events, of 46 tickets, 10 are sold
For AS&SH 2e events, of 189 tickets, 60 are sold

Removing the 16 and 3 for observing Ghul run the game, we have

219 total tickets, with 67 sold so still 152 open seats.

Sure, folx here will want games other than AS&SH, but that's not too shabby going into general registrations.

Also, can I mention how annoying I find it that there are two categories for AS&SH with GC? I registered my games as AS&SH because I don't find the edition distinction worth dwelling on. The game's the game!

2/21/2020 1:52 pm  #42

Handy Haversack wrote:

Also, can I mention how annoying I find it that there are two categories for AS&SH with GC? I registered my games as AS&SH because I don't find the edition distinction worth dwelling on. The game's the game!

Ya, I fell victim to that same thing. Weird and pretty unnecessary. 

Say Handy.... If the wife and I try to get into one of your games and fail, is there any chance that you might have an extra ghost seat or two figured into your games for walk-ups? I know some people only like to run for 6 players, but I didn't think it would hurt to ask here, just in case. 

2/21/2020 1:56 pm  #43

Big Shiny wrote:

Handy Haversack wrote:

Ya, I fell victim to that same thing. Weird and pretty unnecessary. 

Say Handy.... If the wife and I try to get into one of your games and fail, is there any chance that you might have an extra ghost seat or two figured into your games for walk-ups? I know some people only like to run for 6 players, but I didn't think it would hurt to ask here, just in case.

I don't mind running for 8, provided there are chairs ad enough space at the table. I'd def. give priority to someone on the waitlist. I find that there's a pretty good chance of people not showing up for the Sunday afternoon game, too. I have run for as few as two people on Sunday. Though I think two of the people signed up for my Sunday game this year are friends of mine, so they *better* show!

So, short answer: yes! But do put yourself on the waitlist so it's fair to others.

2/21/2020 2:06 pm  #44

Absolutely! (that's what I tell people too)

Thanks! We will see how this all plays out after tomorrow and hope for the best. 

2/28/2020 12:51 pm  #45

I'm sure it's playing too much to type, but I gotta say: I am really enjoying going back to the 3rd lvl. pregens I made a couple of years ago and using Acrobat's Typewriter tool to XXXXXXXX out the magic items for my Chimera game at GaryCon. I guess we know which character is a stand-in for the author!

2/28/2020 2:25 pm  #46

So are the magic items visible under the XXXXs?  If so that's a masterful DM troll job - especially on unsuspecting convention goers!  (I, of course, would expect nothing less.)

2/28/2020 3:21 pm  #47

lige wrote:

So are the magic items visible under the XXXXs?  If so that's a masterful DM troll job - especially on unsuspecting convention goers!  (I, of course, would expect nothing less.)

Yeah. I'm a terrible person.

3/02/2020 10:20 am  #48

So stoked! ... Scored two Hyperborea events this year ... Michael Simon's "A Heist in Khromarium" and mavfire's "Lost Cairns of the Savages" ... and will playing in both with two of my oldest old school gaming buddies from waaaaay back in the early 80's ... Anyone know of a Hyperborea forum members get together happening at any point? Would love to meet some of you fine fellows and put faces to names ... See everyone there!

Last edited by measuredrums (3/02/2020 10:21 am)

3/02/2020 11:40 am  #49

measuredrums wrote:

So stoked! ... Scored two Hyperborea events this year ... Michael Simon's "A Heist in Khromarium" and mavfire's "Lost Cairns of the Savages" ... and will playing in both with two of my oldest old school gaming buddies from waaaaay back in the early 80's ... Anyone know of a Hyperborea forum members get together happening at any point? Would love to meet some of you fine fellows and put faces to names ... See everyone there!

I think Ghul said we should all just feel free to hang out in his room. I'll bring the bagpipe-music CDs.

3/02/2020 1:52 pm  #50

Handy Haversack wrote:

So, short answer: yes! But do put yourself on the waitlist so it's fair to others.

Thanks again Handy, but we ended up grabbing something that fit into our schedule better.

So we wont be hovering over your table, but I must admit that your Meal of Oshregaal looked very intriguing. 

See you all in Jeff's room!  

3/02/2020 1:54 pm  #51

Big Shiny wrote:

Handy Haversack wrote:

Thanks again Handy, but we ended up grabbing something that fit into our schedule better.

So we wont be hovering over your table, but I must admit that your Meal of Oshregaal looked very intriguing. 

Sounds good! See you at Jeff's! Don't forget the miniature goats and cockatiels!

3/02/2020 2:22 pm  #52

measuredrums wrote:

Sweet! I look forward to having you at my table. See you in a few weeks!

3/11/2020 10:51 am  #53

I will not be attending Gary Con this year and will need to cancel my events. I am an Exercise Physiologist working with special populations. Most of my clients are 60+ with many comorbidities like diabetes, respiratory conditions, obesity, and high blood pressure. I do not wish to put my clients at risk upon my return. Given the close proximity to people from around the world that are attracted to this convention, I believe this to be a viable albeit small risk.

I wish to apologize to those that signed up for my games and wish them good fortune in finding others.

“How can I wear the harness of toil
And sweat at the daily round,
While in my soul forever
The drums of Pictdom sound?” 

3/11/2020 10:54 am  #54

mabon5127 wrote:

I will not be attending Gary Con this year and will need to cancel my events. I am an Exercise Physiologist working with special populations. Most of my clients are 60+ with many comorbidities like diabetes, respiratory conditions, obesity, and high blood pressure. I do not wish to put my clients at risk upon my return. Given the close proximity to people from around the world that are attracted to this convention, I believe this to be a viable albeit small risk.

I wish to apologize to those that signed up for my games and wish them good fortune in finding others.

Shoot. We sure will miss seeing you AGAIN, mabon!

3/11/2020 11:23 am  #55

I'm sure it was a tough decision to come to, but good on you for making it. Like Handy said, we'll miss seeing you. Maybe you should head to Game Hole instead! 

3/11/2020 11:26 am  #56

Handy Haversack wrote:

Big Shiny wrote:

Handy Haversack wrote:

Sounds good! See you at Jeff's! Don't forget the miniature goats and cockatiels!

Why go miniature? Go big or go home, baby.

HYPERBOREA- A Role-Playing Game of Swords, Sorcery, and Weird Science-Fantasy

3/11/2020 11:28 am  #57

Handy Haversack wrote:

mabon5127 wrote:

Shoot. We sure will miss seeing you AGAIN, mabon!

Yes, you will be missed, Morgan. Do what is best for you, your family, and your clients, my friend. You have my sympathy and support.

3/11/2020 11:30 am  #58

Manny suggested I prep something else to run since some DMs have to cancel -- "Maybe what we played in last weekend!" "You mean the haunted plague tenement? With the disease gargoyle whose voice is made of worms? And all the vomit zombies? Maybe *next* year ..."

3/11/2020 11:34 am  #59

Handy Haversack wrote:

Manny suggested I prep something else to run since some DMs have to cancel -- "Maybe what we played in last weekend!" "You mean the haunted plague tenement? With the disease gargoyle whose voice is made of worms? And all the vomit zombies? Maybe *next* year ..."

Is that role-playing, or a reenactment of another Saturday night in NYC?

3/11/2020 11:36 am  #60

Ghul wrote:

Handy Haversack wrote:

Is that role-playing, or a reenactment of another Saturday night in NYC?

I couldn't hear you over the sound of baseball playoffs.

Board footera

© 2009-2024 North Wind Adventures, LLC. “HYPERBOREA” is a registered trademark of North Wind Adventures, LLC. “Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea,” “AS&SH,” and all other North Wind Adventures product names and their respective logos are trademarks of North Wind Adventures, LLC in the USA and other countries. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.