!!insidediv!!

Being the Official Discussion Forum for HYPERBOREA®, a role-playing game of swords, sorcery, and weird science-fantasy

Visit us at the HYPERBOREA web site!

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

2/08/2020 9:22 pm  #21

Re: TotalCon 2020 (Feb 20-23, Marlborough MA)

BlackKnight wrote:

Time is getting close, Now less than 2 weeks away. Note I still have openings for some of my games. On a second note, there seem to be some issues with the Tabletop.Events site showing that though some events have no tickets taken, they also show no tickets available I notified the Totalcon managers about it. 

Bob

Bob, FWIW, I cancelled two of my events for low interest. (I wanted the one or two players to have a chance to sign up for something else.) Those games show 6/6 tickets available, but you can’t get one. That may be what you’re seeing.

2/17/2020 7:49 pm  #22

I am very much looking forward to meeting some of the folks from the forum at Total Con! Only a couple of days away!

“How can I wear the harness of toil
And sweat at the daily round,
While in my soul forever
The drums of Pictdom sound?” 

2/17/2020 9:01 pm  #23

Looking forward to seeing everyone also. Went out and had to buy a printer to make sure I have all my handouts ready, The four sessions are going to have the same pregens, and I'm going to have the players track the usage of their items and anything they gain and use the characters through all four sessions as if they were being run by the same players. Thursday they will be given names, and sex, (ethnicities and classes are already assigned). All their items have been gone over and each has a certain number of scrolls and potions to last all four sessions.

It was suggested to me by one of the Knights of Next Tuesday (My cousin) that he had played a couple of games where the GM did something like this and it went over extremely well.  I'm going to have 8 players at each session, so it will take a bit of me being a traffic cop to make sure everyone has fun. 

-- 
BlackKnight, AKA Sausage
Older than Dirt, Crusty, and set in my ways. Been playing TTRPGs for over 45 years...

2/18/2020 9:43 am  #24

BlackKnight wrote:

I'm going to have 8 players at each session, so it will take a bit of me being a traffic cop to make sure everyone has fun. 

Good Luck! Probably be there around 5pm on Wed.

While in my soul forever

2/24/2020 4:20 pm  #25

Great time running my game at TotalCon, here's a Pic from Morgan on the final segment 

-- 
BlackKnight, AKA Sausage
Older than Dirt, Crusty, and set in my ways. Been playing TTRPGs for over 45 years...

2/25/2020 4:53 pm  #26

Wait I took that pic! I really enjoyed playing Brindle the Pict Druid!  Total Con was a blast.  

While in my soul forever

2/25/2020 6:02 pm  #27

Total Con is definitely on the list for next year! I was able to run 4 ASSH games and play in two (Thanks Bob!). The Saturday morning cartoons were awesome and the D&D cartoon game was great. Alex Jackl presented a gms masters class that had a ton of practical takeaways.  Good times.

While in my soul forever

2/28/2020 3:21 pm  #28

Some Pics from Total Con 

While in my soul forever

3/01/2020 4:24 pm  #29

Very nice...are the black t-shirts with the red two-headed serpent a North Wind Adventures item?

"It is all very well to point out that the man lacks facility; as he asserts, sheer force can overpower sophistication."
Jack Vance, Rhialto the Marvellous

3/01/2020 4:31 pm  #30

Its a shirt of Jeff's with the Thulsa Doom symbol

While in my soul forever

3/01/2020 8:41 pm  #31

Ah, looks similar to the drawing on the AS&SH character sheet, around the character portrait.

"It is all very well to point out that the man lacks facility; as he asserts, sheer force can overpower sophistication."
Jack Vance, Rhialto the Marvellous

Board footera

© 2009-2024 North Wind Adventures, LLC. “HYPERBOREA” is a registered trademark of North Wind Adventures, LLC. “Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea,” “AS&SH,” and all other North Wind Adventures product names and their respective logos are trademarks of North Wind Adventures, LLC in the USA and other countries. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.