!!insidediv!!

Being the Official Discussion Forum for HYPERBOREA®, a role-playing game of swords, sorcery, and weird science-fantasy

Visit us at the HYPERBOREA web site!

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

2/12/2020 3:46 pm  #2421

Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

initiative: 1!  And because it's the DCC dice from my lankhmar kickstarter (iirc) it came up "c".

2/12/2020 3:49 pm  #2422

fireinthedust wrote:

initiative: 1!  And because it's the DCC dice from my lankhmar kickstarter (iirc) it came up "c".

Hahaha! You should know by now that the crystal set in the 1e boxes are the only way to roll!

2/12/2020 5:18 pm  #2423

Kondor easily kills the beast rifling through the fallen sorcerer's robes, covering the unconscious pyromancer in a shower of crimson blood! But the 2nd beast wriggles away and retakes his fighting stance.

And the 2 new drop ins step forward as well. 

And the 3 charge in unison. Kondor defends himself against the left 4!, and the right 8! 
leaving his centerline unguarded against a 20!  -7HP

Kondor +105 XP!

The barbarian gives a quick glance out the door for Gundrabu!!!

Last edited by Iron Ranger (2/12/2020 5:19 pm)

2/12/2020 5:28 pm  #2424

(OOC: Go team Win! Avenge me... and save me. Please?!  )

Last edited by Holy_Rage (2/12/2020 5:29 pm)

2/12/2020 7:52 pm  #2425

Holy_Rage wrote:

(OOC: Go team Win! Avenge me... and save me. Please?!  )

ooc:  Working on it!
Dice: I don't believe I have those. I technically started in 2e, despite the moathouse being my first game. Were they actually made of crystal?

Init: 1!
attack: 18(!)+3=21!
damage: 6+3=9!

Kondor uses the fallen bodies to his advantage, feinting this way and that until one of the beast-men attempts to step over or avoid them, timing his strike more easily given how they must avoid the obstacles.

2/12/2020 9:38 pm  #2426

fireinthedust wrote:

Dice: I don't believe I have those. I technically started in 2e, despite the moathouse being my first game. Were they actually made of crystal?

I've got 7 of the original hyperborea box sets, most have a combo of reds/yellows/oranges. But there's a coupe clear/smoked sets too. They look and play like Armory.

Last edited by Iron Ranger (2/17/2020 8:57 pm)

2/12/2020 9:43 pm  #2427

The remaining beast men threaten Kondor with their bones.
And one croaks in a bestial common, "You are outnumbered. Leave now and live."

2/13/2020 11:58 am  #2428

Ref, are you allowing the advanced combat actions? If so, I would like to Dodge (+2 to AC) with a cautious retreat (half move) through the dispersing mists back to Gundrabu’s companions inside the sanctuary.

Of course, Gundrabu will do this only if there are no additional beast men between the cleric of the Kraken and his companions.

D6- 4

Phase One
Melee (half move and charge) 15’, +2 to AC
Missiles (stationary)
Magic (stationary)
Movement (half achieved)
Magic (half move)
Movement (half achieved)

“Our own age is not one which can afford to call its ancestors savage.” 
― Poul AndersonThe Broken Sword

2/13/2020 12:33 pm  #2429

Eirvit wrote:

Ref, are you allowing the advanced combat actions? If so, I would like to Dodge (+2 to AC) with a cautious retreat (half move) through the dispersing mists back to Gundrabu’s companions inside the sanctuary.

Of course, Gundrabu will do this only if there are no additional beast men between the cleric of the Kraken and his companions.

D6- 4

Phase One
Melee (half move and charge) 15’, +2 to AC
Missiles (stationary)
Magic (stationary)
Movement (half achieved)
Magic (half move)
Movement (half achieved)

Gundrabu successfully dodges his opponent's attack as he backpedals through the doorway and finds himself back to back with Kondor...though now surrounded by beast men. One facing the cleric and 3 facing the barbarian. Igrest lies among the fallen beast men.

The wind dies down drastically and flurries float through the rafters.

"I spoke too soon, perhaps," spits out the talking beast. "The offer remains. Your sorcerer lay dead already. You will be next."

Last edited by Iron Ranger (2/13/2020 12:39 pm)

2/13/2020 12:51 pm  #2430

Gundrabu speaks. “Though possessing the forms of beasts, you speak in the manner of men. Perhaps it is that you have souls, and I will accept your offer as evidence thereof. I’ll be even more convinced if you allow me to inspect my fallen comrade here and, whether he lives or is slain, allow us to bear him to our other companions as befits civilized courtesy.”

If the beast man is amenable—and if Kondor doesn’t suddenly rage on them—Gundrabu slowly sheathes his weapon, slings his shield to his back, and lowers himself to inspect Igrest.

Last edited by Eirvit (2/13/2020 12:52 pm)

2/13/2020 2:09 pm  #2431

Eirvit wrote:

and if Kondor doesn’t suddenly rage on them

We shall see...

Gundrabu +200XP!

2/13/2020 2:22 pm  #2432

Kondor frowns, but with the sword still pointed at them snarls "If you're halting, them put your weapons down. Step back, right now. I'll mind the sorcerer's wounds, ...and let you live."

ooc: Kondor is willing to let them chat if it gets him a chance to heal up Igrest with the Jackalope's paw. He's even thinking of dragging the body away by the leg to give them a bit of space.

2/13/2020 2:35 pm  #2433

Both parties quietly welcome the brief respite, if only brief. Their soft panting giving each side away.
Gundrapu examines the growing knot on Igrest's skull and feels a healthy pulse between the tendons of his neck as Kondor holds the resting beast men at bay.

2/13/2020 3:04 pm  #2434

“Kondor, the fey one lives, breathes, but—alas!—there is naught more I can do this day. I have shamefully expended Kraken’s blessing upon myself and failed in our purpose here. Though if I hadn’t accepted Kraken’s ministrations for my own, I doubt I would be standing here now. Kraken’s Undulations are purposed.”

Gundrabu speaks to the beast men. “Let us bear this man to our camp and prove your souls. If you do, Khalk-xu will coil about you in the End, when It draws this universe back into the only real one in which It resides.”

2/13/2020 3:37 pm  #2435

The beast men look confused and grunt amongst themselves before the one that talks says, "Take him and go, far away from here." He motions to the beast man in the doorway to step aside toward them, which it does - all the while eyeing the sinewy barbarian's bloody blade.

2/13/2020 7:35 pm  #2436

ooc:  I'm guessing the paw needs to rest as well to recharge the healing powers?

If he can't heal him: Kondor hefts Igrest over his shoulder before carrying him back to their camp.

2/13/2020 7:57 pm  #2437

Overcome by doubt, the barbarian passes the paw over the fallen comrade, but the sorcerer is not roused. Kondor easily lifts the sorcerer, but his laden pack proves quite cumbersome.

One of the beast men retrieves the large silver shining shield and long bent metal pipe from the floor at his fallen leaders feet.

The beast men eye the adventurers carefully, their bones in their hands at the ready.

2/14/2020 12:48 am  #2438

Gundrabu nods to whomever he has been speaking. “I thank you for your... humanity.”

Then he accompanies Kondor and his burden out into the cold. He whispers to Kondor, “Perhaps we return the way we came?”

2/14/2020 6:39 am  #2439

Eirvit wrote:

Gundrabu nods to whomever he has been speaking. “I thank you for your... humanity.”

Then he accompanies Kondor and his burden out into the cold. He whispers to Kondor, “Perhaps we return the way we came?”

Kondor whispers back, "Indeed. Take the pack in case we need to defend ourselves against treachery. Let's hope the Ixian has more of her healing herbs for him."

2/14/2020 7:25 pm  #2440

The sorcerer's heavy wounds bleed steadily, albeit not profusely anymore. Hanging limply in Kondor's clasp, the albino's only faint sign of life is his extremely slowly breathing chest, heaving upwards and downwards ever so slightly.

Board footera

© 2009-2024 North Wind Adventures, LLC. “HYPERBOREA” is a registered trademark of North Wind Adventures, LLC. “Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea,” “AS&SH,” and all other North Wind Adventures product names and their respective logos are trademarks of North Wind Adventures, LLC in the USA and other countries. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.