!!insidediv!!

Being the Official Discussion Forum for HYPERBOREA®, a role-playing game of swords, sorcery, and weird science-fantasy

Visit us at the HYPERBOREA web site!

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

1/27/2020 6:04 am  #21

Re: Greater Baltimore Area?

Excellent: I'll just use the Waifs of the Boreas 2 to randomly select a character, then level it up.

"It is all very well to point out that the man lacks facility; as he asserts, sheer force can overpower sophistication."
Jack Vance, Rhialto the Marvellous

1/27/2020 1:02 pm  #22

Okay everyone, we may have a snag.  I called Games & Stuff this morning and despite it not being listed on their events calendar, there is some kind of wargaming tournament going on there that Saturday.  The manager told me that assuming we are a small enough group to just need one table, we should still be okay provided we're there early enough, but he couldn't guarantee anything.  He did say that Sunday the 9th looked wide open. 

I'm still game for either day and I can get there earlier to try and secure space for us.  It's not far for me so I could even get there and let those of you further out know if we've got a table so you wouldn't have to drive in if we get blocked.  So let me know what you think. 

"Could you fancy me as a pirate bold?  Or a longship Viking warrior with the old gods on his side?  Well, I'm an inshore man and I'm nobody's hero.  But I'll make you tight for a windy night and a dark ride."--Jethro Tull

1/27/2020 1:52 pm  #23

I'd still be up for taking our chances on the 8th, especially if it's just us four.

"It is all very well to point out that the man lacks facility; as he asserts, sheer force can overpower sophistication."
Jack Vance, Rhialto the Marvellous

1/27/2020 1:52 pm  #24

Unfortunately, Sunday is bad for me.  I would like to move forward and use a small table.  What time does the tourney start?  Maybe we could start earlier to ensure a table?

“How can I wear the harness of toil
And sweat at the daily round,
While in my soul forever
The drums of Pictdom sound?” 

1/27/2020 3:07 pm  #25

I could get there on the 8th at pretty much any time, so starting earlier would be doable.

1/27/2020 6:51 pm  #26

They open at 10:00; I can certainly get there before 10:30, if not earlier.  So I'll leave the official starting time up to those who are further out, but I'll plan on being there close to opening.  I think we'll be okay.

"Could you fancy me as a pirate bold?  Or a longship Viking warrior with the old gods on his side?  Well, I'm an inshore man and I'm nobody's hero.  But I'll make you tight for a windy night and a dark ride."--Jethro Tull

1/29/2020 8:20 am  #27

I'm still trying to find out how early I can get there.
If you want to PM me with your character summary we can talk about Magic items and other things you may have accumulated over 7 levels.
We have a Runegraver thus far just to let you know.
This is a playtest so I appreciate any feedback along the way as well as patience if I scribble some notes.
Thanks!

While in my soul forever

1/29/2020 8:23 am  #28

Btw I trust you all to roll stats and Hp. We are grownups.
I typically re-roll Hp every level keeping the higher of the new roll or the previous total. By 7th most folks will have a healthy number of Hp.
Stats can use the 4d6 drop the lowest and assign (method III)

Last edited by mabon5127 (1/29/2020 8:27 am)

While in my soul forever

1/29/2020 8:50 am  #29

I'm just going to use a pre-existing 6th level PC.  I have a shaman, huntsman, scout, berserker, pyromancer, and cryomancer to choose from.  They've been through all the published adventures before Forgotten Fane to give you a sense of what they have magic item wise.  So they've all got stuff, but not a huge amount of magic.  They do have higher HP owing to the 20 hp kicker I grant all PCs at 1st level, but I can adjust that if you think it's too out of line.  So if others have specific character classes they'd like to play, I'm flexible.  And I could play 2 if we really need an extra PC.  We do that fairly regularly. 

1/29/2020 9:03 am  #30

Sounds good!

While in my soul forever

1/29/2020 10:34 am  #31

Spider of Leng wrote:

They open at 10:00; I can certainly get there before 10:30, if not earlier. 

I can probably get there around 11am and help save the table with you.

Btw I trust you all to roll stats and Hp. We are grownups.
I typically re-roll Hp every level keeping the higher of the new roll or the previous total. By 7th most folks will have a healthy number of Hp.
Stats can use the 4d6 drop the lowest and assign (method III)

You answered what I was going to ask!

2/04/2020 8:08 pm  #32

Hey Spider and tomas, rhialto had to decline on Saturday due to a family issue. I wanted to see how you both felt about carrying on and or rescheduling.  I will likely be coming over anyway as this has morphed into a weekend wife my wife but running a game with two may not be as desirable.  Up to you guys!

While in my soul forever

2/04/2020 8:48 pm  #33

I'm still game; as it's a short ride for me.  And I can run multiple PCs.

2/04/2020 9:01 pm  #34

I'm still willing to play. Let me see if I can wrangle somebody else to come play.

2/05/2020 10:40 am  #35

Great!  I will get there as close to 11am as possible!  See you then!

While in my soul forever

2/07/2020 5:51 pm  #36

Hey Gang--

Looking forward to meeting everyone tomorrow.  Sadly, the two people I hoped to recruit can't make it, but I'll be there close to opening to claim some table space.  You should see the AS&SH book & GM screen and I'll also be rocking my Babymetal shirt. 

My real name is Ken, by the way.

2/07/2020 5:57 pm  #37

Spider of Leng wrote:

Hey Gang--

Looking forward to meeting everyone tomorrow.  Sadly, the two people I hoped to recruit can't make it, but I'll be there close to opening to claim some table space.  You should see the AS&SH book & GM screen and I'll also be rocking my Babymetal shirt. 

My real name is Ken, by the way.

Hey Ken! If you have the screen up is that to reserve the table or are you running?

Morgan

While in my soul forever

2/07/2020 8:05 pm  #38

That was to reserve the table & for reference.  I thought you were running?

2/07/2020 10:07 pm  #39

Yup I had planned on it! Just making sure that was the plan!

See you tomorrow!

While in my soul forever

2/09/2020 9:03 am  #40

Thanks for a great game yesterday, guys!  Hopefully we can get together again, either at Games & Stuff or somewhere else and maybe get some others to join us if we can coordinate schedules.

Board footera

© 2009-2024 North Wind Adventures, LLC. “HYPERBOREA” is a registered trademark of North Wind Adventures, LLC. “Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea,” “AS&SH,” and all other North Wind Adventures product names and their respective logos are trademarks of North Wind Adventures, LLC in the USA and other countries. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.