!!insidediv!!

Being the Official Discussion Forum for HYPERBOREA®, a role-playing game of swords, sorcery, and weird science-fantasy

Visit us at the HYPERBOREA web site!

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

1/30/2020 7:09 am  #81

Re: pc or pregen generator

gizmomathboy wrote:

Thanks.

Yeah, Method 2 is...different.

I'm not working through the changes to get this in the web app. It's mostly relearning the framework and templating system as much as anything.

I'm not too worried about getting Method 2 to be optimal. I honestly have no idea how often people use it. I mostly reach for Method 5. It gives slightly above average stats vs Method 1 but a little more Method 1 then Method 3 :-).

Method 2: Adding the attributes together (for each array/line) for total and program selects the highest?

Also (concerning peoples orientation of Methods): Perhaps do a post that asks for a poll ?

Yeah, method V is a good superhero array; they die quick enough as it is...

1/30/2020 9:57 am  #82

Method 2 creates 3 separate sets of character attributes. For example:

Set 1:

ST: 12
DX: 11
CN: 11
IN: 13
WS: 16
CH: 12

Set 2:

ST: 12
DX: 11
CN: 11
WS: 16
CH: 12

Set 3:

ST: 13
DX: 7
CN: 13
WS: 9
CH: 15

As I noted, for now if more than 1 set meets the class requirements than it selects one at random.

I really need to have it find the set(s) that have the highest prime requisites and then walk down a tree of tie breakers.

I have them as an array of hashes(or dictionaries or however you want to call that) (attribute sets are stored as hashes to make it easier for me elsewhere).

It's easy enough to do, it just wasn't a priority at the time (and for now).

Last edited by gizmomathboy (1/30/2020 9:59 am)

What? Me worry?

1/31/2020 6:36 am  #83

Well, glad it working...

Set 1 and 2 are actually the same attributes, but I get the meaning.

Onwards into the future!!!

2/01/2020 9:10 am  #84

Ok y'all, I've updated my pc_gen app to do random character generation now.

So go to: https://www.gizmomathboy.com/pc_gen/

Give it a try and find the stuff I was too lazy to test.

I do have to change some of the pages I think. Most pointed the pc_gen_form page so you can get to the pc_gen page

As well as maybe the verbosity on the pc_form page. Like put all of the test above the form below it at the very least.

Any and all changes taken under advisement and I make no guarantee that I will listen to them ;-)

What? Me worry?

2/01/2020 1:15 pm  #85

Hmm. So far I have not been able to get a PDF to generate. I have gotten server error twice and page not found once.

2/01/2020 3:40 pm  #86

Well, crap handy....

Of course, I'm getting a pdf for myself....

I am assuming you are using a stat block created from the random generator?

Maybe paste it in a reply?

What? Me worry?

2/01/2020 3:48 pm  #87

Side note, I added a "level: 1" to the generated stat blocks.

So, if you copy and paste into the pdf generator it will fill out class stuff.

What? Me worry?

2/01/2020 8:02 pm  #88

thanks for including [ All, 1, 1 ]

Just what I was looking for.

2/01/2020 10:48 pm  #89

Yep, if you do a strict 2 then it will reroll each class until a valid set is produced. Which I like better then strict 3.

Unless you want to roll up like 32 sets...with some being not displayed because they don't be the class requirements.

Last edited by gizmomathboy (2/01/2020 10:49 pm)

What? Me worry?

2/02/2020 7:15 am  #90

Well it works, but is there any change that if (which happened) I tried creating a magician (in fact quite a few, random classes included) with Method 1 that it shows attributes even if the magician did not meet the required prerequisites (so at least I could adapt the rolls to another class?).

Cheers

2/02/2020 9:37 am  #91

Caveman wrote:

Well it works, but is there any change that if (which happened) I tried creating a magician (in fact quite a few, random classes included) with Method 1 that it shows attributes even if the magician did not meet the required prerequisites (so at least I could adapt the rolls to another class?).

Cheers

Hmmm, doing an All 1 1?

I'll look in the logs and see what I see.

What? Me worry?

2/02/2020 1:56 pm  #92

Rolling works well, I made about 1/2 dozen of each character type using different methods and strictness.

One suggestion I would make would be allowing the "Carryover stats to PDF" to actually carry over the stats to the page and have them there. As is, you have to write them down and re-input them. 

-- 
BlackKnight, AKA Sausage
Older than Dirt, Crusty, and set in my ways. Been playing TTRPGs for over 45 years...

2/02/2020 2:19 pm  #93

BlackKnight wrote:

Rolling works well, I made about 1/2 dozen of each character type using different methods and strictness.

One suggestion I would make would be allowing the "Carryover stats to PDF" to actually carry over the stats to the page and have them there. As is, you have to write them down and re-input them. 

Hmmmm, I think that might be doable.

Let me tinker with it.

Copy and paste should work, but just being able to click a link is my kind of lazy. :-)

What? Me worry?

2/02/2020 6:01 pm  #94

gizmomathboy wrote:

BlackKnight wrote:

Hmmmm, I think that might be doable.

Let me tinker with it.

Copy and paste should work, but just being able to click a link is my kind of lazy. :-)

Maybe autofill the stat block

Also. Filling in the HP on the sheet is the option you provide, but maybe allowing it to roll HP if the field is left blank could be another.

-- 
BlackKnight, AKA Sausage
Older than Dirt, Crusty, and set in my ways. Been playing TTRPGs for over 45 years...

2/03/2020 6:34 am  #95

gizmomathboy wrote:

Caveman wrote:

Cheers

Hmmm, doing an All 1 1?

Yes each was 1 1...

Cheers

2/03/2020 3:28 pm  #96

Caveman wrote:

gizmomathboy wrote:

Caveman wrote:

Cheers

Hmmm, doing an All 1 1?

Yes each was 1 1...

Cheers

Cavemen, if you run into your problem again let me know about what time it happened and I'll look at my logs.

What? Me worry?

2/03/2020 3:44 pm  #97

Ok, I've added some fields and such to the random pc generator.

I don't think I can do an auto-fill of the textfield but I haven't ruled it out just yet.

I did provide a link to create a pdf from a generated stat block.

I've added a choice for level and race, too.

I think I'm pretty happy with where it is at the moment.

What? Me worry?

2/04/2020 7:01 am  #98

gizmomathboy wrote:

Caveman wrote:

gizmomathboy wrote:

Hmmm, doing an All 1 1?

Yes each was 1 1...

Cheers

Cavemen, if you run into your problem again let me know about what time it happened and I'll look at my logs.

Okay as I in Scotland its 3 minutes to high noon or 11:57 am.  

Got a (amongst others, but obvious did not show attributes):

class: cleric
level: 2
race: Esquimaux
Did not meet class requirements

2/04/2020 7:34 am  #99

Caveman wrote:

Okay as I in Scotland its 3 minutes to high noon or 11:57 am.  

Got a (amongst others, but obvious did not show attributes):

class: cleric
level: 2
race: Esquimaux
Did not meet class requirements

Great...now I gotta do a time zone conversion ;-)

I will go log spelunking...

What? Me worry?

2/05/2020 6:07 am  #100

lol

Board footera

© 2009-2024 North Wind Adventures, LLC. “HYPERBOREA” is a registered trademark of North Wind Adventures, LLC. “Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea,” “AS&SH,” and all other North Wind Adventures product names and their respective logos are trademarks of North Wind Adventures, LLC in the USA and other countries. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.