!!insidediv!!

Being the Official Discussion Forum for HYPERBOREA®, a role-playing game of swords, sorcery, and weird science-fantasy

Visit us at the HYPERBOREA web site!

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

1/25/2020 7:34 am  #1

Thank God for Quality Binding

So I was working late into the night last night on my Dark Treasury campaign (now in Mount Vhurrmithadon).  As I sometimes do, I set my AS&SH book on the floor next to the low table I work at, figuring I'd just pick things up today.  But alas, my apartment flooded last night due to heavy rains (not the first time) and my book got wet.  Fortunately, it looks like it can be saved, other than a bit of page wrinkling.  Glad Jeff sprung for real binding rather than going the Lulu POD route.  If this had been my Labyrinth Lord book, not sure things would have been the same.  That thing's barely a year old and pages are already falling out.

"Could you fancy me as a pirate bold?  Or a longship Viking warrior with the old gods on his side?  Well, I'm an inshore man and I'm nobody's hero.  But I'll make you tight for a windy night and a dark ride."--Jethro Tull

1/25/2020 12:39 pm  #2

Re: Thank God for Quality Binding

The books are of incredible quality and very tough! Great testimonial.

“How can I wear the harness of toil
And sweat at the daily round,
While in my soul forever
The drums of Pictdom sound?” 

1/25/2020 4:56 pm  #3

Yikes, sorry to hear that...on the subject of the armor class of AS&SH, I had one of my younguns spill his drink on one of my AS&SH Players' Handbook...thankfully just water, but it was *drenched*. Aside from your hoped-for page wrinkling it's perfectly serviceable.

"It is all very well to point out that the man lacks facility; as he asserts, sheer force can overpower sophistication."
Jack Vance, Rhialto the Marvellous

1/26/2020 9:37 am  #4

Update as of this morning is that I appear to have saved it with minimal damage.  You can definitely tell it's been damaged, but it will still be playable.

"Could you fancy me as a pirate bold?  Or a longship Viking warrior with the old gods on his side?  Well, I'm an inshore man and I'm nobody's hero.  But I'll make you tight for a windy night and a dark ride."--Jethro Tull

1/26/2020 1:49 pm  #5

Glad to hear the damage was minimal. Game on! ;)

HYPERBOREA- A Role-Playing Game of Swords, Sorcery, and Weird Science-Fantasy

Board footera

© 2009-2024 North Wind Adventures, LLC. “HYPERBOREA” is a registered trademark of North Wind Adventures, LLC. “Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea,” “AS&SH,” and all other North Wind Adventures product names and their respective logos are trademarks of North Wind Adventures, LLC in the USA and other countries. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.