!!insidediv!!

Being the Official Discussion Forum for HYPERBOREA®, a role-playing game of swords, sorcery, and weird science-fantasy

Visit us at the HYPERBOREA web site!

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

1/20/2020 7:40 pm  #41

Re: List adventures that would fit the Hyperborea setting

Thulsa’s Xoth campaign The Spider God’s Bride should fit right in.  Also, individual scenarios from his Ancient Kingdoms: Mesopotamia would also have the right vibe IMO.  

1/20/2020 7:47 pm  #42

Cyclopean Deeps is another one that comes to mind (comes in two volumes)

1/20/2020 8:39 pm  #43

Yeah; Cyclopean Deeps has come up before, but I'll add that it's the most interesting take on the Underdark that I've seen (Operation Unfathomable is  decent, but a bit goofy) and seamlessly fits the Hyperborean setting.  Hell, he's got Leng Spiders in there, which obviously I agree with.

And I didn't go back through the whole thread so I may have missed it, but Anomalous Sub-surface Environment would certainly work too.

"Could you fancy me as a pirate bold?  Or a longship Viking warrior with the old gods on his side?  Well, I'm an inshore man and I'm nobody's hero.  But I'll make you tight for a windy night and a dark ride."--Jethro Tull

7/12/2020 8:19 pm  #44

I think others have mentioned it above, or in another thread, but Gabor Csomos' The Lost Valley of Kishar is fantastic. Nice encounters, nice twists, my players managed to succeed accidentally and inadvertently in the subplot, which was really cool.

Board footera

© 2009-2024 North Wind Adventures, LLC. “HYPERBOREA” is a registered trademark of North Wind Adventures, LLC. “Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea,” “AS&SH,” and all other North Wind Adventures product names and their respective logos are trademarks of North Wind Adventures, LLC in the USA and other countries. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.