!!insidediv!!

Being the Official Discussion Forum for HYPERBOREA®, a role-playing game of swords, sorcery, and weird science-fantasy

Visit us at the HYPERBOREA web site!

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

4/25/2014 8:48 pm  #1

Buscema

Three cheers - who doesn't like this guy? Pure awesome. Some defining sword and sorcery imagery for me.

Blackadder23: Insanely long villain soliloquy, then "Your action?"
BORGO'S PLAYER: I shoot him in the face

4/25/2014 9:25 pm  #2

Re: Buscema

When inked by Alcala, there was no beating the team of Thomas, Buscema, and Alcala.

HYPERBOREA- A Role-Playing Game of Swords, Sorcery, and Weird Science-Fantasy

4/26/2014 10:37 am  #3

That is pretty sweet.

Blackadder23: Insanely long villain soliloquy, then "Your action?"
BORGO'S PLAYER: I shoot him in the face

4/26/2014 4:40 pm  #4

Very sweet indeed! You just convinced me to find my Savage Sword of Conan books and do some bedside reading tonight.

Níu man ek heima, níu íviðjur,
mjötvið mæran fyr mold neðan.
(Völuspá)
(Nine worlds I knew,the nine in the tree with mighty roots beneath the mold)
Realmsofmelpomene

7/31/2019 11:40 pm  #5

A few of my favorite Buscema/Alcala images... Just love the inkwork in the stones, and the brooding feel to it. Alcala's use of blacks and hashing is so good.... definitely inspirational. I have seen scans of the original drawings for these and the mastery of Buscema shows through in them. Definitely a masterful duo!

Del Teigeler, Illustrator
mavfire.blogspot.com
mavfire.deviantart.com

8/01/2019 8:04 am  #6

mavfire wrote:

A few of my favorite Buscema/Alcala images... Just love the inkwork in the stones, and the brooding feel to it. Alcala's use of blacks and hashing is so good.... definitely inspirational. I have seen scans of the original drawings for these and the mastery of Buscema shows through in them. Definitely a masterful duo!

Yeah, the hashing and inkwork make it look like an woodcutting from a really old text.

I really dig this kind of B&W art.

Really takes me back to those Savage Sword of Conan issues from the 1980s.

What? Me worry?

Board footera

© 2009-2024 North Wind Adventures, LLC. “HYPERBOREA” is a registered trademark of North Wind Adventures, LLC. “Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea,” “AS&SH,” and all other North Wind Adventures product names and their respective logos are trademarks of North Wind Adventures, LLC in the USA and other countries. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.